It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flickering Lights

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
My husband died 3 yrs ago in our home of a drug overdose. After his death, all the lights on the main floor were flickering like CRAZY! Many friends and family members did not even want to come to my house because of that & the fact that the air seemed very thick-only way I can describe it. Over, I guess, a few months, it slowed & then stopped. Other things happened as well that I will not get into here.
His mother lived with us & I opted to keep her with me & take care of her. 2 1/2 yrs. later, this past November, she passed away. For about 2 wks. thereafter, the hall light only by her bedroom was flickering like crazy.
About a wk. ago, my son & I were talking about my husband & when I became emotional the light started flickering again. When we went on to another subject it stopped. I tried jumping all around the lamp, moving it & shaking it to make it flicker but to no avail.
None of this scares me but I was wondering if anyone can give me an idea of what causes this to happen. ??????
Thanks for any info-Tiki

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tiki22
None of this scares me but I was wondering if anyone can give me an idea of what causes this to happen. ??????
Thanks for any info-Tiki

Hi Tiki,

I'm very sorry to hear about your loved ones' passings.

This is a common occurrence when others near us pass over. Since its readily accepted that our spirits are pure energy, its easy to interfere with other energy (i.e. electricity). If you do a little research, and perhaps you already have, you'll find a ton of pictures, videos, recordings (E.V.P.) of spirit manifestations. While there are some fakes in the bunch, there are also quite a few very real and genuine ones out there.

If you would like, there are also paranormal investigators located in every state that would probably love to investigate for you. And the majority will do it free of charge. Just google "paranormal investigators" followed by your state and/or city. You should be able to find one or two.

The way I see it; Its just a sweet confirmation to give you comfort in knowing that we live beyond our physical existence. You say you aren't afraid, so you are probably well aware that its done with pure intent. You could even try talking to them and see if they will respond in some way...

However, if at ANY time, you begin to worry or become afraid -- don't forget that its always in your control. Simply say out loud that it isn't welcomed any longer, or that its scaring you, etc. Never underestimate the power of your will.

But for now, I say just sit back and take it all in. Most of the time, its just a loving way to let you know they survived. It usually doesn't last for too long, so enjoy it while it lasts!

I wish you peace,

-Mea

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Hi Tiki,

I'm very sorry to hear about your loved ones' passings.

This is a common occurrence when others near us pass over. Since its readily accepted that our spirits are pure energy, its easy to interfere with other energy (i.e. electricity).

I wish you peace,

-Mea

Thank you Mea,

That makes a lot of sense. I wasn't really making a connection myself between the spirit energy and electricity. Now I can see why that would be perhaps the easiest way for them to make their presence known.

I am a person of great faith so even at times when other things have spooked me I have always felt protected.
Thanks too for the heads up on the researchers. I never knew that they may come out for free!

Peace, Tiki

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Hey Tikki and Mea,
My name is Tierra im not reallly replying o Tikki's story but i have a question b/c my situation realates somewhat to hers. As a child i did see a lot of "spirts/ demons" and have heard many weird noises and have just gotten used to then or wish they would go away. Most recently my daughter and I moved in to my fiance's mother's house temporarily and man have we experience a WHOLEEEE LOT!!!! Mainly the light cutting off at the top of the stairs after we've just changed the bulb over and over, flickering off and on, if we're in that particular hall it would cut off and come back on if someone other then me or fiance had touched it. I figured it was someone or something that didn't like me per say b/c he had been living there and never really experience anything like what we were going through. Well now we are in our own apartment and the light at the top of the stairs now flickers.... it flickers not so bad and then if we pay it attention and leave it on it goes crazy gets bright then wont come on and then goes back to not so bad flickering. I dont know whats going on and just wanted some feed back.....oh yea sometimes theres a foul smell only i can smell in the kitchen and it kind of follows me to the stairs and i can't smell it anymore. Please write e back.
Sincerely Tierra

top topics

join