It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flood rescues in Oklahoma/CNN coverage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Just watching CNN's video of flood rescue in Oklahoma. They're showing these rescue choppers flying very low to pick people up stranded in the water covering the streets. First off, there are two empty seats in the chopper, and they are making the people being rescued hang onto the landing skids instead of letting them into the chopper while they are flown to safety.

Second, the water is ankle deep or less in the video shown, these people could easily have walked to dry land, as well there are rooftop rescues shown where the boat will pull up to rescue people off their roofs and the rescuers just get out of the boat and walk over to the house, again the water is only ankle deep.

Anyone have any ideas as to why this is such a dramatic rescue, as CNN says? I don't quite see the necessity of choppers, boats and hovercrafts to rescue people when they could just walk a couple blocks in ankle deep water to dry land, there is a bridge or road nearby where people are being taken to, I'm sure buses could take them to shelters from there.

Very odd, IMO.

[edit on 19-8-2007 by truthseeker420]

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Don't know what CNN is showing but maybe you should check out the vids on the Daily Oklahoman

newsok.com...

The water is 6 feet and rising and it's not standing water. These are rivers out of their banks. So even if the water was only waist deep, it's moving swift.

P.S. One woman has drown.

[edit on 8-19-2007 by Valhall]

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I see what you mean, but the video shown on CNN shows water only ankle deep, seems weird they show it as this dramatic rescue when the water is only 2 inches or so deep. If they had shown that other footage, it would not seem weird at all, but come on, ankle deep water does not require helicopters.

ya, this pic is flooding newsok.com...

[edit on 19-8-2007 by truthseeker420]

join