It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are some of us predisposed (born/made) to debunk??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Here is what I've been seeing lately.
(and this is not an anti-debunker thread by any means, please don't take this the wrong way.)
I've been noticing that certain people have the ability to clearly as if it was a google map image see things in the high definition moon photos people have been sharing, ie: geometric structures, clearly man/alien made objects etc...and yet others for some reason, only see what they describe as blurry, out of focus objects or just pixels.
This troubles me and makes me wonder if they have been "hard-wired" either before they were born or after to not "see" things that woud make an impact if EVERYONE was to actually see them as a community...

I hope this makes sense I tried to explain what I've noticed to the best of my abilities

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Hah, yeah i'v heard a theory of a very strange website that these people are soul-less robots who keep the rest of us in line

They're called Organic portals

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Hi

There is no short explanation in my humble opinion, why do most people in these boards feel the need to know more, or deny ignorance, instead of just accepting whatever the official media presents to them?.

I don`t know..

I guess one could say that there is a predisposition in each and everyone of us to easily accept/deny theories presented to us. People certainly don`t need their eyes to be blind, as far as the moon pictures go I have often wondered why people don´t see what is self-evident to me. But on the other side I guess that there are plenty of subjects where I just don´t "see" clearly.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
for the post thoughin reply to darkheart...you make a good point i to wonder these same things often....but the reality is that on the other side of the coin they could say the exact oppisite of people like us...like why are we so quicl to assume something in wich we dont really know exactally what it is is acctually something just because theres no proof that its not....so i geuss in the end it doesnt matter there willl always be debunkers that regardless of the facts and "proof" presented will continue to debunk.....just as there will be those who blindley belive with little to know proof or inconclusive evidence.....i do im ny opinion think your rite on the ball....and that goes for the other side of the spectrum as well.....im belive we are hard wired to a certin extent....in the end only the truley open minds will see what others cannot or will not see........good post though glad to see somebody taking notice

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   
they are not born debunkers, they are reptilian;s slaves, the system controls the debunkers like their moppets, they dont know what they are talking about, the system gives them a script that they have to follow, so the truth will never been show to the blind public

us the truth seekers will never stop looking for the truth, too bad the slaves will also never stop trying to debunk everyword we truth seekers say

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkheartrising

This troubles me and makes me wonder if they have been "hard-wired" either before they were born or after to not "see" things that woud make an impact if EVERYONE was to actually see them as a community...

I hope this makes sense I tried to explain what I've noticed to the best of my abilities

You may be right, but sometimes I think it is more the other way were there are people who want to believe so badly that with little evidence they come to a conclusion that they are 100% sure it is real.

Most debunkers just want some hard evidence to back up the theories, stories, or conclusions, it is just that simple. For me I tend to go with what would be within the known laws of physics and then I need proof to show that it doesn’t, but so many dismiss the normal and jump right to the un-provable farfetched theory.

Proof is the next area that seems to be treated so lightly for many assume that their interpretations are all that is needed to represent empirical data. Take just about any subject on this site and you will see that what should be a discussion of different theories turns into one group that thinks they are 100% correct with nothing really backing them up and another group that just wants empirical data that can pass some scrutiny to prove those theories.

When I say I can fly, and someone asks me to fly for them to prove it, I just need to say that they do not understand the real forces around us (or something along those lines) and so I’m totally right and they are wrong. If I would just fly for that person it would be worth more than 1 million posts about how I can fly, and all debunkers would then say I can fly, but until then they will just keep saying I can’t until I actually physically show them.

[edit on 21-8-2007 by Xtrozero]

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Dark, I personally think most "debunkers" participate in such things because they fear their world view being changed. If they think it's going to upset their tidy view of things, they choose not to even really consider it.

It seems to me that "debunkers" only have two answers for everything.

1. Photoshop
2. Computer generated image.

Those are really the only two arguments and "proofs" that I have ever seen skeptics use to "debunk" anything.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 04:26 AM
link   
"Hardwired" Makes us sound like Robots or Computer systems.

Jokes aside, Debunker's who debunk photo's would learn it after they were born. They would need to know how to tell doctored photo's, anything faked, (Such as a man in a suit, or a balloon in the sky).

Debunker's who can tell if a story is fake or real, simply have common sense, people usually mix up their story, So they'd know it before birth.

Some people do have natural talents, such as Being good at sports, or Electronics, or Math, without learning a lot of it. So yeah, People could be "Hardwired" with information before birth, but it seems to me, that it would depend on genetics.

[edit on (8/22/0707 by Hexidecimal]

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Hard-wired to Believe

I'm afraid you've got it backwards.

Nobody is hard-wired to debunk things. Skepticism is a learned behaviour, and one, moreover that is learnt (I am tempted to say achieved) with difficulty.

It is achieved against our natural instincts. Because humans are, if anything, hard-wired for belief, not disbelief.

(Human brains) are pattern-recognition machines, adept at detecting signals that enhance or threaten survival amid a very noisy world.... (by) associating the causal connections between A and B.

Unfortunately, the system has flaws...

Consider a few cases of false pattern recognition: the face of the Virgin Mary on a grilled cheese sandwich; the face of Jesus on an oyster shell... if you scan enough noise, you will eventually find a signal, whether it is there or not.

Any fool can make himself see sandworms on Mars and Nazi bases on the moon while looking at the hypertrophied pixellation of some super-enlarged JPEG image. The trick is to overcome the brain's natural tendency to create patterns out of nothing and try to see only what is really there.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 07:29 AM
link   
some people are just so adamantly stubborn in their beliefs that they won't believe ANYTHING that goes against them.

You can take one person on this board and that person may be a die hard 9/11 "truther" who spends their days arguing with the debunkers here about being closed minded fools for not seeing the facts that are right in front of their face. Then take that same person and put him in a thread about say evolution. And if he is a firm creationist, he'll fight you to "prove" that evolution is bogus and won't open his eyes to the facts to save his life.

There are a lot of double standards that go on here, be it debunkers or "truthers".

We are indeed a stubborn species.

Jasn

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
i think there may be something deeper going on, maybe certain percentage of the population has been mettled with to keep the rest of us "in line" and keep the search for the truth to a minimum.
there always needs to be oppostion in all things to keep the world balanced..ying/yang kind of thing...
but even when things are sooo clear to the rest of us they see"nothing" frickin frustrating. check out the moon pictures threads and you'll see what I'm talking about.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   
You simply cannot accept everything at face value. In fact, correct me if im wrong, but the point of this website is to debunk what is common accepted fact, or underlying themes not at the surface, such as 9/11, or even the real reasons we went into Iraq. If we accepted the common line, without being "hard-wired" to question these things, we would not be here. I think that people on this site commonly want to beleive so bad that any debunking so to speak offends them. If you take it to that extent you simply make yourself look foolish.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Tenebrous

no, no, no..did you even visit the john lear moon picture threads???
the pictures are clear as a black and white google eart picture and yet...some people cannot "see" anything...
now go look before i spank your little bottom.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   
In all fairness, I saw nothing, other then the very pretty surface of the moon. That is of course because I chose to read no of the posts on the thread so I am no pre-disposed to "see" anything. If you look at anything long enough, and really want to see something you will...there is no groundshaking proof of anything there, other then the moon is pretty rocky.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   

ok...then nevermind (another one lost)...thanks for your post

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I'm not lost, I just am one of the "hardwired" ones, and if that offends you that is competly fine, belief is great.

My entire point was your daying people shouldn't question these images, or that they cant disagree with your interpratation of them. Does not that go agaist everything this website is about, questioning?

You that believe should not get angry, or try to analise why these people dont see what you see. If I issited that Osama Bin Laden was truly responsible for Sept. 11, or that Saddam was really still trying to produce WMD's and stated my evidance, would you not debunk me?

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   
From my daily socializing with people, I think to myself, are some people here to be the con to my pro.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   

'm not saying you shouldn' disagree with us, i'm just in shock and awe that you absolutely don't see ANYTHING weird in the pictures. that is the basis of this thread. for those of us that see things so clearly in the moon pictures it is affling and frustrating that there is others that can't or maybe..maybe...it is some kind of self induced mental block, to protect oneself from the "what if" of seeing something that doesn't make sens and can't be explained???????
like people that block traumatic experiences from their past because remembering would be just to painful or too difficult to remember????

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   
No I understand compeltly, and I like how your talking instead of just dismmisng me as a "lost" one. Beleive me I am far from compelled to not beleive. I beleive very strongly for many years but latly its been drifting. There is that infamous face on mars from years back, which turned out to be nothing but large rocks and a random shawdow trick when they took an exact photograph at a later date. I belive that your attempt to say we, the ones who question, have some kind of mental block, it seems the same to us when you can not take any explaination but one. If there was no scientific proof, how many different theories would they be for lighting on some thread somewhere, where some people would say it is plainly gods wrath how can you guys not see that, or others saying it was the flash of an alien camara (bad example, and even worse explainations, but you get my point). You cannot exspect people to blindly follow what you clearly see, which I am sure you do, but you also want to see that. People all over the earth cleary see god everyday in the world around them, but they are the ones who are called naive. You say us that question have some kind of mental condition that blocks us from blindly following. If that is so than fine by me, I will never and have never followed blindly anything and never plan to. Any soceity or people that blindly follow are doomed to failure.

If you only want people to agree with you what is the point of posting. Would it not feel better to finally have that one picture, that one peice of footage, that one corpse, to prove everyone wrong?

There are many people that cleary see that a reptilian alien conspracy for world domination is taking place right, right under our noses, does that mean we should give that as much credit as you seing things in pictures?

And in final note, this is ment as a friendly debate, this is not a personal attack or ment to be offensive. You posted a thread and I am jsut simply asking you to defend you point of veiw.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   

are you serious??? you actually bought all the disinformation propaganda that NASA put out there about the face on Mars??
dud, the face is there, don't give up on that one, research it, NASA is trying to debunk it but they are witholding information. if you buy into their is info s easily then maybe there is something to the predertimened to debunk theory...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join