It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Polish 'Imp' video

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by RKANE

If you look closely at the first screenshot in Surferxxx's post above you will note that what later appears to be the ‘imps’ wand and forward stepping leg are actually a shadow of the prone man’s shorts and the sole of his shoe. These need to be removed from the equation when determining the true shape of the thing.

The ‘imp’ drops down and doesn’t materialise. It is also visible in the middle of the lawn when the camera concludes its 360 degree rotation – without the proximity of the shorts shadow and sole of shoe it no longer looks like an imp. There may also be a string visible.

I’m guessing a bit of false perspective and a child’s toy on a string dangled close to the people on the table, but it does look kinda creepy on first viewing

The quality of the video is too small and poor for proper analysis.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
It is no more blurry than one would expect at that distance and at that frozen frame capture; the whol;e scene is blurry and there is NO indication of any tampering. All I see is a normal blurry picture for the circumstances, with the guy laying down also blurry and the rest of the objects as well.

When you see the film it moves very fast past the critter as the camera was just panning around quickly and it only caught a second of the thing. But to claim that blurriness, which is totally rleative unless exposed to professionla scrutiny with machines that can pick apart the image and determine if any manipulation took place.

Tthe people involved and the way it happened and was reeported are all perfectly within expected conduct and until some photo expert exaimnes the film and makes a determination that it is a hoax, the intelligent and open way to see this is as a genuine example of an anomaly.

I predict that no proof of hoaxing will be found and that this video will remain an example of the unknown creatures that inhabit the very edge of our reality and ability to discern. More definitve analysis is needed before any blanket statement of fakery can be taken seriously. Any qualified folks out there that can make an educated guess?

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyewitness86

The pics you all remember of the imp walking between two mounted cops in Paris is proof of these things as well. Why is it so hard to imagine beings that exist inbetween dimensions or are able to manipulate speed and light, etc. to be so fast that we cannot catch them with the naked eye but the camera gets the image.

I'd forgotten about that one, thanks for reminding us. Yes, it's exactly like this, but not so dark if I remember. This one's very dark and kind of all one colour. That's what makes me think it's not a child.

Originally posted by eyewitness86Tthe people involved and the way it happened and was reeported are all perfectly within expected conduct and until some photo expert exaimnes the film and makes a determination that it is a hoax, the intelligent and open way to see this is as a genuine example of an anomaly.
Yes, and a good one at that.Reminds me of a story I heard a few years back. A friend of my partner was travelling home one night in the car with his wife when they saw a "skeleton of a child" cut cross the road in front of them causing them to swerve. They were genuinely frightened and took some while to get over it. I spoke to the man a couple of years later and mentioned little grey aliens and he said, "well, maybe it was one of them, but it was definitely there, we saw it, we were scared."

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Just looking at how the camera panned so slowly behind the person filming then for a split second, while filming the guy on the ground, a creature comes from nowhere and touches this guy. Then the camera pans back as the creature disapears.

Whoever filmed this just happened to catch a creature that only appeared for like 2 seconds with a panning shot that only lasted for like 1 second longer than the creature was visable. That one hell of a coincidence.

But, who knows...maybe Poland is full of fairys/imps/whatever that like touching guys that are laying out in fields just to give them three little marks on their leg.

I have to call this video lame just for the simple fact that nothing happened to this guy. He didnt get sick and die, he didnt get super powers, all he got was some marks on his legs and that is what i would consider a LAME fairy or whatever it was. I wont even begin on the idea of fairys/imps/whatever existing.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
The fact that a lady taking video at an informal picnic happen to pan across and catch a shot of the guy laying down, no action there so she panned back the other way..perfectly normal conduct. No use in staying on a subject lying down and not waving or moving..just laying there.

She OBVIOUSLY caught enough of the critter because we can plainly see it; and it is not normal and not human and moving way too fast for anything else. Maybe Poland has millions of critters and maybe they are everywhere in the world and only seen once in a while due to their nature!!

WE are fortunate enough to have equipment that can capture things on film that cannot be readily seen with the eye and all we can do is naysay it and doubt and ignore it and hope it is all just some trrick, right? Not me.

The ONLY way we will ever gain any more in depth knowledge than we have now is to keep an open mind and examine the evidence and accept what we see, until and unless it has been thoroughly refuted by expert analysts. For me, I believe we are seeing an actual creature; why so strange when you think about the massive ' worms ' that hang in the sky and disperse spheres, and ' rods ' and other things that we cannot catch with the eye but with a camera.

I bet that if we could see half of the reality that is swirling arouind us, we would either go mad with fear or delight, depending on consitioning and the ability to explore new paradigms without trepidation.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyewitness86
WE are fortunate enough to have equipment that can capture things on film that cannot be readily seen with the eye and all we can do is naysay it and doubt and ignore it and hope it is all just some trrick, right? Not me. The ONLY way we will ever gain any more in depth knowledge than we have now is to keep an open mind and examine the evidence and accept what we see

Thas a good point i was totaly dismissing this, i know i would have seen that, i think the dog should have heard that too. But that could have been something not in our visible relam, one of those things only seen on camera.

I realy think this is wierd, but if they still have the raw data file, thats VERY GOOD evidence.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Hm, I can't seem to find the video on the link you provided. Anyone got a different one? I'd like to see this.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I think the sad reality with this video is that the quality is too horrible to either confirm or deny the authenticity of it. It kindof sucks because i really would like to get to the bottom of this.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Video quality and size is important here. Why would anyone go to all this trouble to fake a CELL PHONE video ? It's not much to work with after all. You need scale, size, pixels so your fake can even be reasonably doable.

Calling it a fake without any proof or attempts at similar work makes no sense to me. The whole story sounds real, video looks real. Identifiable marks look very similar to what has been reported all over the globe.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   
You know, I actually had a mark like that(the triangle), and I thought nothing of it, it hurt like hell though. But it disapeered after about a week.

I for one though think it's real.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Just an FYI, that link contains a ton of awesome freaky stories! I'm reading through them right now, check it out!

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I just noticed the "IMP" appears at near the end of the film too. Silly me, I was focussing on the appearance of the thing at the start. When you see it again it seems more grey-like and is just standing.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by RKANE

Here a some screen shots with notes -hope they are readable!

As I stated above the Imp's leg and wand are optical illusions. Once they are removed the object looks nothing like an Imp or any other anthropomorphic creature.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Great screen shots, yup, a one-legged imp. Doesn't sound good now but still looks wierd. I'm not sure about an object hanging from a string but doesn't it look like there's a short silver man standing by the sleeping body in your last three pics?

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
doesn't it look like there's a short silver man standing by the sleeping body in your last three pics?

If you look back at the first screen shots you will notice a shadow in the same area as the 'silver man'. Also notice how much more corrupted the images have become in the last three screen shots. I think the silver man is just a distortion of the original shadow.

I suspect that the original footage will show clearly what the imp is and it will prove to be an everyday thing. The reason such a small and poor quality video is released is because the low resolution hides the truth about the object.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Thanks for pointing this out. That's definitely the guy's foot we're mistaking for a leg. I'm still kind of wondering about the silver man's head? I kind of wanted this to be real but probably it's not. This is what's great about the ATS. We all keep help each other's feet on the ground, even though most of us still have our heads in the clouds, (me esp.)I saw a film a few weeks ago, It's supposed to be an alien appearing in a zoo. I didn't see that at all. This one though is a fantastic illusion, love it. Great thread BTW and that's a good site you found that story on RKANE. I'm gonna have a thorough read through later.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
In the video, if you look closely, you see the figure comes from above, down to the ground.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by torsion
I suspect that the original footage will show clearly what the imp is and it will prove to be an everyday thing. The reason such a small and poor quality video is released is because the low resolution hides the truth about the object.

Abso-freakin'-lutely.

And the truth about the object is revealed by the full 360 pan near the end of the video. These people are sitting under a tree with low-hanging branches of thin stalks and small leaves. Like a willow.

Even with the poor video quality we can see the "imp", starting in front of the distant trees, wavily *drop down* into the scene.

It's just a tree branch in the foreground being moved by the wind.

[edit on 21-8-2007 by IAttackPeople]

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Some great analysis. My view is that it most likely an artifact as suggested. certainly looks wierd on first view though and no doubt was posted by witness(es) in good faith rather than a deliberate attempt to hoax.

The site it was posted is a great source of wierd and wonderful stories of humanoid sightings throughout the years. Did you notice that a shopping mall in Puerto Rico is allegedly a favourite with visiting aliens who match the description of the 'tall whites'.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   
When I viewed it I saw what appeared to be a form dropping/jumping down so I kept backing it up and what I see is practically in your circle and a little to the left.

It appears to be a black triangle with red being emitted from the back just hovering. Can you guys see it? I can see it clearly.

If someone can enlarge that it might be interessting.

[edit on 24-8-2007 by observe50]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join