It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

15 mile security perimeter for Bush meeting in Canada next week!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I'm suprised that this hasn't been discussed more openly.

www.agoracosmopolitan.com...

It really doesn't make any sense that this isn't all over the news. What could possibly require a 15 mile deadzone in Canada for a meeting?

There are two central questions that are associated with the planned Security and Prosperity Partnership (SPP) Summit of the leaders of Canada, the U.S. and Mexico scheduled to be held this August 20 and 21. The first question is: Why the secrecy over a summit of supposedly democratic leaders? The second question you might also enquire about is: Why is the U.S. military on Canadian soil for the summit? After all, Canada is not Iraq or some other unstable part of the world, where the technological sophistication of the U.S. military might be needed to defend against hostile enemy attacks from the air and otherwise. American and other world leaders have visited Canada many times for meetings of larger delegations of world leaders from diverse industrialized countries, without any threats to these leaders. Certainly, local police forces, and the RCMP, and our own Canadian military could easily handle a couple of thousands of protesters that usually go with such summits.

Having pondered the rather curious nature of the U.S. military presence in Quebec for this summit, a critical reader may ponder that U.S. military presence may have nothing to do with protecting leaders from protesters, that can easily be handled by local law enforcement.

Why would the U.S. military need to set-up a 25 kilometre presence?

Then consider the following question: where else have you heard of the U.S. military establishing such perimeters? Where else have you heard of such corresponding secrecy, and efforts to shield activity from the watchful eyes of non-threatening, but curious members of the public?

[edit on 19-8-2007 by dodgygeeza]

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
LOL before you edited you post I was going to jokingly go out on a limb and say Extraterrestrials. Now I see your additional edit and it also mentions the possibility.

~~
Humanity can hope that this is some kind of bizarre mischievous rumour. However, the alleged industrial-military elites who plan to sell out humanity would probably cynically call such Agreements a “Security and Prosperity Partnership”. Humanity, can only hope that such secretive Manipulative Extraterrestrial-Human “partnerships” that are allied against humanity and our planet Earth, do not really exist.

Rest assured, that the secrecy and that the U.S. military involvement in the planned SPP Summit, has nothing to do with the consolidation of any kind of Agreement to protect the “common good” of humanity.

SPP North American summit of leaders shrouded in UFO-style secrecy

[edit on 19/8/2007 by Sauron]

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   
It sounds almost too agressive and non-constitutional to stop people from knowing what is going on/ protest about it. Isn't it the peoples right to protest? They're removing our rights under the guise of terrorism. I'v never heard of anything like this happening before. If anything, wouldn't they have held the meeting in an underground bunker if security interests were that severe?

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I think they are trying to sell us all down the river with the north american union act.

Senior U.S. delegation schedules Press Conference in Canada’s capital August 20, in solidarity with activists against the SPP

This News Conference is to protest the secretive summit of the so-called Security and Prosperity Partnership (SPP) of North America, being conducted by President George Bush of the United States, Prime Minister Stephen Harper of Canada, and President Felipe Calderon of Mexico. The summit of the three world leaders is being held in Montebello, Quebec, from August 20-21, to plan a “North American Union”, without any constitutionally required public debate or critical scrutiny by the general publics of Canada, the U.S., and Mexico. The architects of the NAU model their efforts on the European Union, but without the “hassle” of democratic participation, which in the view of Big Business elites, neo-con intellectuals, and military strategists, has hindered “progress”.

www.blog.agoracosmopolitan.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
I think they are trying to sell us all down the river with the north american union act.

Senior U.S. delegation schedules Press Conference in Canada’s capital August 20, in solidarity with activists against the SPP

This News Conference is to protest the secretive summit of the so-called Security and Prosperity Partnership (SPP) of North America, being conducted by President George Bush of the United States, Prime Minister Stephen Harper of Canada, and President Felipe Calderon of Mexico. The summit of the three world leaders is being held in Montebello, Quebec, from August 20-21, to plan a “North American Union”, without any constitutionally required public debate or critical scrutiny by the general publics of Canada, the U.S., and Mexico. The architects of the NAU model their efforts on the European Union, but without the “hassle” of democratic participation, which in the view of Big Business elites, neo-con intellectuals, and military strategists, has hindered “progress”.

www.blog.agoracosmopolitan.com...

I'v just come across this:
National Post Link

Myth: The SPP is a movement to merge the United States, Mexico, and Canada into a North American Union and establish a common currency.

Fact: The cooperative efforts under the SPP seek to make the United States, Canada and Mexico open to legitimate trade and closed to terrorism and crime. It does not change our courts or legislative processes and respects the sovereignty of the United States, Mexico, and Canada.

More lies then if they unveil the North American Union Act as a result of this meeting.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   
It wont be long untill we are all using the same currency between the U.S., Canada ,and Mexico. Unfortunatley the mexicans are really going to bring us down with their corruption. It is possible that the u.s. and canada will come together and try to pull mexico out of their hole they are in, and become best buddies. I think that we will start with shared rules, and laws, and then healthcare, trade, money, then not long after that , the u.s. , canada, and mexico will be one mega union of power with more than its share of government corruption.
u.s.
canada
mexico!

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Well, the meeting is tomorrow and yet people don't have any interest in it. Strange.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChilledVoodoo
It wont be long untill we are all using the same currency between the U.S., Canada ,and Mexico. Unfortunatley the mexicans are really going to bring us down with their corruption. It is possible that the u.s. and canada will come together and try to pull mexico out of their hole they are in, and become best buddies. I think that we will start with shared rules, and laws, and then healthcare, trade, money, then not long after that , the u.s. , canada, and mexico will be one mega union of power with more than its share of government corruption.
u.s.
canada
mexico!

Right, because Canada and the US governments are just innocent organizations being pulled down by those evil, bad mexicans.

Maybe you should research a little about NAFTA and GATT and see why Mexico is having such economic and social problems that spill across the border.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   
15 miles, dat's nuffin'!! Bush is coming to Australia for APEC, and they're basically shutting down Sydney. They've made one day a special public holiday, and they plan to block cell phone coverage around his motorcade. Plus road closures, shock troops etc.

I wonder if they're bringing the presidential poop chamber? The have some nice water cannons to cool the protesters down, they just showed them on the news. Not very PC, what with water restrictions and all. Plus, Dubya decided to come down under, two days earlier than planned. Maybe, he should just stay at home and let the grown ups look after it.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by dodgygeeza
Well, the meeting is tomorrow and yet people don't have any interest in it. Strange.

Its like what william cooper always said. If the top 20 people in sports were meeting, it would be all over the news, and the reporters would want to know whats happening. But when these groups meet, maybe if the owners etc that do not let people report on it, because this should be big news, all over the networks, but nothing.

Sums it all up, people are just more interested in circus games, than there own lifes, and futures, in terms of there country.

Originally posted by fingapointa
15 miles, dat's nuffin'!! Bush is coming to Australia for APEC, and they're basically shutting down Sydney. They've made one day a special public holiday, and they plan to block cell phone coverage around his motorcade. Plus road closures, shock troops etc.

I wonder if they're bringing the presidential poop chamber? The have some nice water cannons to cool the protesters down, they just showed them on the news. Not very PC, what with water restrictions and all. Plus, Dubya decided to come down under, two days earlier than planned. Maybe, he should just stay at home and let the grown ups look after it.

At least this is a public meeting.

[edit on 8/20/2007 by andy1033]

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I’m looking forward to the day when a President of the United States of America is charged with negligent manslaughter for his entourage’s radio chatter and jamming interfering with emergency services’ comms.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   
The SPP is a travesty to the free world. Major decisions are being made with little to no input from the the very same people that they usurp democracy from. As to the security I can certainly understand that some form of protection has to be in place however a 15 mile deadzone is absurd. As others have indicated where are the rights of those who wish to peacefully protest and be heard? I don't like the fact that the US military is being used on foreign soil either in a non military zone. Go over to Iraq where you belong or somewhere else that cares. To put it politely piss off.

brill

[edit on 20-8-2007 by brill]

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   
A nation that no longer listens to the people, to their petition to redress grievances, is no longer a nation of the people by the people and for the people. Much more need anyone ask how many troops died in vain, when there is no "new birth of freedom," but the opposite?

The entire point of free speaking in a Republic is to secure the common welfare, the commonwealth. When people can state their problem in general, a policy is able to see, to envision. Not too many times historically, are the first steps of the decline of civilization based upon so called leaders who are unwilling to listen to alternative futures other than some narrow malformed agenda lacking wide based peer review. Out of that blindness and lack of academic rigor, it secures only the debasement of the general purposes of a country, and overspecializes itself into extinction. The same trend of ignorance views intelligence and its reputation for speaking the truth to power as authorization to speak a preconceived opinion even an outright lie. It takes the empiricism of science and reputation of laboratory technique, and uses that dependability as a mask of authority for its own ignorance.

Where there is no loyal opposition, government fears nothing, and is capable of doing its worst.

A fifteen mile perimeter sounds too much like a twisted version of the Alvin Toffler "enclaves," another science fiction approach gone bad in its attempts to exceed Orwell.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   
CBC is interviewing protesters who are saying they are protesting the SPP because of climate change issues, yet more lies from the CBC, these climate change activists are not legitimate protesters, they are plants by the media or government. NO PROTESTERS ARE ALLOWED TO SAY WHY THEY ARE PROTESTING, JUST THESE CLIMATE CHANGE ACTIVISTS. Call CBC, email them, do whatever you can, make them speak to REAL protesters, not these paid climate activists.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker420

Its no different than the protesters at Seattle a few years back. The media only had pictures of long-haired hippy types screaming profanities and looking dirty. I'll never forget my Mother's comment, "if those dirty hippies had jobs, they wouldnt even have time to protest" I had to explain to her that the media was manipulating the situation and that the protesters were there to fight the movement towards world corporate-controlled goverment.

I love President Bush's response about the SPP. When asked why Congress wasnt given the option to debate this treaty as the Constitution requires, his response was "its not a treaty but rather an agreement"

Stupid semantic games these guys are playing. I suppose when we're all tossed into concentration FEMA camps they'll tell the media they arent concentration camps but rather holding detainment facilities

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   

It sounds almost too agressive and non-constitutional to stop people from knowing what is going on/ protest about it. Isn't it the peoples right to protest? They're removing our rights under the guise of terrorism. I'v never heard of anything like this happening before. If anything, wouldn't they have held the meeting in an underground bunker if security interests were that severe?

it's canada, who cares what rights we invoke to their people

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by iotaetasig284

it's canada, who cares what rights we invoke to their people

Ok i know that was said as a joke. You say "we", you don't have a voice in this matter and one day you'll realise that its not just Canada...

Canada, then Mexico, then the whole USA - then probably WW3

top topics

join