It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Forum: SPACE 2015

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Use this much asked-for forum to discuss America's planned return to manned space missions beyond earth's orbit to the Moon and Mars.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Thank You Skepticoverload for the new forum

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Is this section going to be point free?

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
It has the same points and mood factors as Science & Technology. edit ================================== Below this point, a thread intended to announce a new ATS forum has been turned into an argument about aspects of how/why. Please take such questions to a new thread. [Edited on 16-1-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Where is the money coming from, to make the quantum leap from inability to launch and land an orbiting shuttle safely, to a lunar landing and lunar base?

What is real and what is spin?

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Money is a figment of the imagination of the controlling elite. They can print it at will, it is their priorities that matter and apparently they have changed.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   
This is a nice addition Skeptic, i was wondering when and how the US where going back to the moon, now i can learn

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar quantum leap from inability to launch and land an orbiting shuttle safely, to a lunar landing and lunar base?
Huh? Say that again? WTF do you mean?

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO Money is a figment of the imagination of the controlling elite. They can print it at will, it is their priorities that matter and apparently they have changed.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
They can print it at will, it is their priorities that matter and apparently they have changed.

Wrong, doing that actually devalues the economy.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling

They can print it at will, it is their priorities that matter and apparently they have changed.

no wrong,

change the banks leverage rate on reserves vs loans changes the money supply and the interest rates.

this is done via federal reserve which is controlled by secret societies.

next question?

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling

There are ways to get around this. Unreported money can be laundered through various island nations and end up invested in foreign blind multinational corporations. If you aquire enough money to the point where you can't spend it all for the sake of greed, or saved for future generations of your family, inflation is minimal if observable at all.

[Edited on 1-15-2004 by insite]

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
quantum leap from inability to launch and land an orbiting shuttle safely, to a lunar landing and lunar base?

The US cannot launch and land a shuttle safely.

It is a quantum leap to deliver a program that moves from another lunar landing to a base on the moon.

It does not compute in the climate exacerbated by the decisions of the incumbent administration. It is hot air and puffery.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Erm, how many shuttles have been lost versus the number of successful missions?

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 04:05 AM
link   

It is a quantum leap to deliver a program that moves from another lunar landing to a base on the moon.

The technology exists - or will exist in the very near future. However I believe that this is just a fart in the strong breeze of economical and political reality. Bush is just clutching at every straw he can find in his dying garden.

[Edited on 2004-1-16 by EyesOfTheFuture]

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Where is the money coming from, to make the quantum leap from inability to launch and land an orbiting shuttle safely, to a lunar landing and lunar base?

What is real and what is spin?

Whoa! You don't ease into anything do you there MA...that's like never using lubrication, hehe....

In any case, I tend to agree with MA here... This is political grandstanding...not a true pledge. While we have the technology, we don't have it at a cheap cost.... The biggest example is the Space Station....WAY behind, and WAY over budget, and this is just in orbit...let alone on the moon.

I'd really like to believe the pledge is sincere, but unfortunately, I have to look at the source...and that isn't pretty....

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar The US cannot launch and land a shuttle safely.
Hmm... I seem to remember only 2 problems... while tragic, it is contrary to your statement. Space is a dangerous place, and the most dangerous times are getting into space, and returning from space. Your generalization is rather lacking in coorelation to actual facts.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Hmm... I seem to remember only 2 problems... while tragic, it is contrary to your statement. Space is a dangerous place, and the most dangerous times are getting into space, and returning from space. Your generalization is rather lacking in coorelation to actual facts.

Exactly. I for one think this is but a progression of a plan formulated long before Mr. Bush announced this phase of it. If you look at the space program, everything accomplished seems to leand toward this eventual goal(s). Remember, research on the Genome was going on long before Bubba made the announcment it had ben isolated. Thats only means he was there when it happened.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   

The real "quantum leap" will be to get congress to pass this. Everyone is jumping the gun. Bush 41 tried and failed to pass "progressive" space funding. Why will his son be any different?

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hyperspace

The real "quantum leap" will be to get congress to pass this. Everyone is jumping the gun. Bush 41 tried and failed to pass "progressive" space funding. Why will his son be any different?

Maybe because he has more votes in both houses than his father did?
I'm guessing here, am I wrong?

top topics

join