It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientist Believes Aliens Are Real!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I think in it's purest state light has no speed. The speed of light occurs within these bubble universes so we can measure the potential reality that we are observing. The speed of light allows us to measure "things." We are essentially projections of these potential realities.

All that exists is infinite potential in the form of pure energy. Quantum fluctuations occur and these potential realities are formed. A quantum fluctuation occurs and a vacuum occurs. This pure energy seeps into say a 3 dimensional space and a potential reality is formed. Dr. Michio Kaku says constant creation is happening in a sea of nirvana.

This is common knowledge among most physicist. The rest of the fields of science hve not caught up with quantum physics. This especially goes for biologist. If you study quantum physics it's no doubt that some form of parallel universes and the multiverse exist. It's obvious when you look at it.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I just wanted to thank you for this wonderful thread. I wish I could applaud you officially. I love M.K. and all that he represents.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I believe he is correct, why? Good question, and the answer is if you believe
in the big bang and believe that out of all of that explosion we are the only ones
to be created then you are a close minded person. How come humans can
be made but no other civilization? I mean there probably are other planets that
can be inhabited, so why is this the only one?

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Here is an awsome example of some of the Utube videos you can enjoy.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
Probably, there’s even a Type 4 civilization, so advanced that it could be indulging in space engineering, terraforming planets by changing their orbits around their parent suns. What of the Quasars and Pulsars that we’ve discovered? Could they have something to do with this space engineering?

Could a type 4 civilization have terraformed the Earth by moving it into an ‘ideal’ orbit around the sun to produce the right environment for harboring life?

And perhaps there are even Type 5 civilizations, so advanced that they have long moved out into another dimension or universe! That’s extremely far fetched, but do we know for sure that it hasn’t happened or happening? After all, this universe is almost 20 billion years old (as per our estimates). How old is our civilization? A millisecond in the cosmic clock.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 12:15 AM
link   
This is pretty old news. Also this is not necessarily something he has thought up himself, it's just the most commonly agreed upon progession of species.
Love the guy though, he's so entertaining. : )

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

Apparently the only people who do not believe it are the U.S. government, and in particular the DOD.

Those whom denies most, knows most.

Apologies for the one liner, but that sums up the entire existence of the DoD.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I have heard this fellow on C2C a few times. He is my favorite guest that Art and George have on. I hope to hear more from him

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Kaku in his book Hyperspace compares humans as fish in a pond, only aware of the environment around them, not realizing there is a huge world outside the pond.

Humans actually know a lot more about space than fish know about the world outside their pond, haha. I just had to write that;p

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Hi all,

Didn´t we have a thread recently about the human genes that there are 13 string that do not exsist in other earth lifeforms?

So offcourse aliens exsist! WE ARE!
And the one who engineered us!
And according to Sleeper and others they are sexy as hell

Nando out!

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Acceptance of other life forms occurring elsewhere in space is spreading.

One interesting theory is that of 'Boltzman Brains' - closely related to the poorly understood 'dark energy' which is as yet required to make our model of the universe work. Essentially, it revolves around the presumption that seemingly empty space could spontaneously 'spawn' life forms - or indeed any object (of which the simplest would be most likely). For example, a random photon could be 'created' frequently, but a more sophisticated object such as a cell would only occur extremely infrequently. But remember, space has an INFINITE amount of time to play with here... we think...

another interesting discovery is the behaviour of dust in ionised gasses - which can sometimes move, fluctuate and twist into double-helix structures displaying many of the characteristics of conventional 'life' - growing, moving, reproducing and passing on information to 'offspring'

Frankly, with mankind's shoddy understanding of space in general - let alone alternative life forms, energies, dimensions or other 'wierd stuff' - i dont hold out too many hopes for SETI.

< obscure metaphor >

But i think its a goal that deserves a shot - even if we are blindfolded, turned around 3 times and placed behind 3 brick walls before we're allowed to kick the ball (which, we later find out, is made of paper)

Who knows, if we get just the right lift and spin - the wind might blow it into the net by shear chance, and wouldnt that be lovely?

< /obscure metaphor >

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by PPLwakeUP
Hi all,

Didn´t we have a thread recently about the human genes that there are 13 string that do not exsist in other earth lifeforms?

So offcourse aliens exsist! WE ARE!
And the one who engineered us!

Good point. I always felt that our evolution to homo sapiens was speeded up by artificial mutation by extra terrestrials. Or else we'd have had to wait a million years more to evolve to what we are today.

Did Darwin in his Theory of Evolution explain why monkeys still don't wear pants ? We do. How come?

Artificial mutation = Accelerated evolution = Progressive intelligence = colonization of planets = Artificial mutation..... And the cycle goes on ad infinitum. So yes, we could be beings with alien genes!

Cheers!

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I have huge respect for Kaku. If I remember the guy was a very inventive experimenter in parents shed / garage when he was young!! He makes many concepts a lot easier for numpties like me to understand!!

As for life out there. I think his pond idea is a good one. As I see it, we know life in the forms we see it on earth, in the dimensions we are aware of. Life beyond could be based on different processes and / or in different dimensions.

It is possible that even if they are based on similar processes to ours that they could be that advanced, that we are not aware of them. I mean on Earth I look at a slug, an ant and think are they aware of me?

It could be that the ET technology has surpassed ours. Who knows where humanity will be in a thousand years time..if we make it? Look at the hundred or so years of electronics and see how the systems are changing. Morse code and valves will be remembered only in museums. In a thousand years time who knows how we will communicate and there is no need for legacy backward compatibility. So eventually future comms may have no means of picking up today's primitive comms. Likewise, we may not have the ability to pick up the future comms.

Aside from technological incompatibilities / invisibilities there is also the fact that they may avoid contact in a Star Trek prime directive sort of way.

So as I see it, we need lifeforms similar to us, with technological compatibilities similar to us, who are willing to let us know they are there.

Personally, I believe that if they followed a similar evolutionary process to that of humans on Earth and were able to learn from mistakes, they would probably avoid us, with the possibility of contact after a period of observation. We only have to look at our invasion and exploitation of other parts of the world in our histories. Events that some nations, now more enlightened, think were wrong and perhaps these experiences would be the foundation of a set of values...don't get involved.

In a way if they are out there, I am glad they keep from us. We can't get on with one another, what the hell makes people think humanity would get on better with an alien species? Strike a light, some humans hate other humans just because of skin colour, religion or because they are fat or smell. It is arrogant to presume we would treat ET any better than we do our fellow man and it could be folly to believe that they will treat us any better than we treat ourselves.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
excellent topic.

someone care to enlighten me on the 13 strands on dna that ARE NOT FOUND IN OTHER EARTH LIFEFORMS?

doesnt that just prove beyond any reasonable doubt that we arent completely of this earth? shouldnt some scientists get together and find out what those strands stand for or genetic purpose?

in the meantime im going to try to dig up some info on this subject myself.sounds very interesting and sounds like some studies should be done if there is not some going on already.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Good point. I always felt that our evolution to homo sapiens was speeded up by artificial mutation by extra terrestrials. Or else we'd have had to wait a million years more to evolve to what we are today.

Did Darwin in his Theory of Evolution explain why monkeys still don't wear pants ? We do. How come?

Artificial mutation = Accelerated evolution = Progressive intelligence = colonization of planets = Artificial mutation..... And the cycle goes on ad infinitum. So yes, we could be beings with alien genes!

Cheers!

Or perhaps we didn't go through evolution at all, and we are actually intelligent design!

I don't believe in organized religion or evolution personally, but I think it is a great possibility that we were created by other intelligent beings. Just my 2 cents.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Hi

Just google alien genes in human DNA or alien DNA in human you´ll find many links from educated people and universities.

Some other evidence comes from michael Tsarion.
He states the the humans bodies coontain a mineral that is alien to earth and if very common on the moon!
if soembdy know what I mean please tell em i forgot the name!

i cant acces the michael tsarion vid now due that I am on vacation and not at my comp at home.
He states it in one of his origin and oracles videos.

Nando out!

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I have read with great interest all the comments and replies on this particular subject.I have never doubted for one moment that we are not alone in the universe! having said that i think the chances of two inteligent species actually meeting given the vast distances and time that are involved are extremely remote,not impossible,just remote.If it could be proved that we are totaly alone,i for one would not be concerned by it.We have more than enough problems of our own here on this jewel of a planet without having to listen to the moans and groans between the greys and the greens.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by china12
I think the chances of two inteligent species actually meeting given the vast distances and time that are involved are extremely remote, not impossible, just remote.

Spot on china! Not only distances and time, but more important and relevant is the fact that even locating a civilization that is similar to ours in the evolutionary ladder is one in a trillion trillion trillion!! It would be well neigh impossible to communicate with a civilization that is even just a hundred thousand years behind or ahead of us , (Which is a blink in cosmic time). And the odds of finding such a civilization is almost zero!

It would only be possible to interact with civilizations existing in almost the same time line otherwise there would be an impossible-to-bridge cultural, scientific and technological divide and therefore near absolute incompatibility.

And then even if it is so, they could have evolved under totally different scientific paradigms. For eg, their method of communication may not lie in the electro magnetic spectrum at all!

So trying to communicate with a 'similar' civilization using OUR scientific paradigms is almost impossible! And then that 'similar' civilization could be on a planetary system on the other side of this huge universe!! Billions of light years away!

I therefore think that SETI is barking up the wrong tree. A sheer waste of time, effort and money.

Heck! Even thinking of this has fried my brains! So heading for the bar to cool off!

Cheers!

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Probably, there’s even a Type 4 civilization, so advanced that it could be indulging in space engineering, terraforming planets by changing their orbits around their parent suns. What of the Quasars and Pulsars that we’ve discovered? Could they have something to do with this space engineering?

Could a type 4 civilization have terraformed the Earth by moving it into an ‘ideal’ orbit around the sun to produce the right environment for harboring life?

And perhaps there are even Type 5 civilizations, so advanced that they have long moved out into another dimension or universe! That’s extremely far fetched, but do we know for sure that it hasn’t happened or happening? After all, this universe is almost 20 billion years old (as per our estimates). How old is our civilization? A millisecond in the cosmic clock.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Dr Michio Kaku is one of my only true "hero's" orv"role models" if you will...the guy speaks the truth...is brilliant...and like others have said...he says things in a way that can keep even me with my super short attention span interested....i know that i would simply love to see him as a member of this site...unfortunattaly he would probably get ridiculed by the other scientests for joining so he would have to be here unknown...id still love to here he's opinion on alot of the topics generated here...great post

edit; not to veer off topic but in case you guys havent heard of him check out Neil deGrasse Tyson another one of my fav's...he makes even the most intracet sciences understandable to your average person..

[edit on 22-8-2007 by future flow]

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join