It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Hangs 30 people Over 'U.S. Plots'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Errrr.....can you point to us who was blaming Iran for all the evils in the world?....

Actually there were members derailing this thread to blame "some other country" for the evils that happen in Iran.......

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
Some people can't see beyond their own nose when they derail threads just because they hate one country in specific....and then when common sense is called upon, like this thread is not about the death sentence.... people are told to grow up....

Did I hit a nerve?

People in Iran were executed via the state, so it's about the death penalty.
And whether it was justified or not. Surely your intelligence lever enables you to understand that.

I don't hate America, I have many American friends plus I'm a republican so how can I hate a republic?

But of course, you can't answer questions you don't like especially about your home country of Cuba. So you resort to name calling. Like always.

Tell me, why wouldn't you answer my question about banning the death penalty across the world? It would stop Iran using a fake trail to execute it's citizens over a lie. And of course, you fellow citizens in Cuba would be living in a country without no human rights abuse.

You do want your homeland to be free from torture, right?

I look forward to your next post about us "apparently" hating the United States

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
But of course, you can't answer questions you don't like especially about your home country of Cuba. So you resort to name calling. Like always.

WOW......Now the thread is turning into what happens in Cuba?....

Yep people are not trying to derail this thread.... It is clear who has been hit in "their nerves" pretty clearly.....

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 07:43 AM
link   
For me, the death penalty question is hard to answer... I imagine it's hard to answer for lots of people. Because there are many variables to consider such as the crime, how the crime happened exactly, other specifics, etc...

The question is too broad ranging and generic to give a simple yes or no response to.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 07:44 AM
link   

infinite and souljah.... the question actually should be...

Do you agree that people should be executed just for the Iranian government claiming these people were formenting a soft revolution?....

Muaddib, me and you are about to seriously fall out...

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't I say I was against the death penalty?
So that means no one, regardless of their crime should be executed.

Btw in Britain, it's treason to call for any type of revolution.

[edit on 20-8-2007 by infinite]

[edit on 20-8-2007 by infinite]

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by seeingevil
For me, the death penalty question is hard to answer... I imagine it's hard to answer for lots of people. Because there are many variables to consider such as the crime, how the crime happened exactly, other specifics, etc...

The question is too broad ranging and generic to give a simple yes or no response to.

Ooops, now you have done it seeinevil, from now on the thread is going to be about the death penalty.

That's the reason why I did not respond to that specific question when the topic in this thread is not "what do you think about the death penalty"?

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
The only reason the 'WEST' is having so many news related articles about Iran, about ANYTHING to do with Iran is primarily because President bush and co have a very specific plan to forward Iraq into Iran.

This sort of news article isnt printed just for the hell of it you know.

On any given day, the number of anti-Bush news articles that are broadcast far outweighs the number of pro-Bush articles, so that would seem to refute your allegation that Bush somehow controls what is "news".

Originally posted by cavscout
Why is it that I see the same people who get blood in their eyes over what they perceive to be U.S. human rights violations turning the other way over Iranian human rights violations?
:
I never thought it could be, but has Rush Limbaugh been right all these years? Is it true that for many war protesters it’s not about the war but instead about just hating the U.S. and wanting us to loose?
:
You know what, I am starting to believe that for some of you it isn’t about caring for Iraq but about hating the U.S.

How sad.

It is a sad fact, and illustrated countless times here on ATS, that it is impossible to mention or discuss the transgressions of a foreign country without the US being dragged into it. Never are the Irans and the Venezuelas or the Chinas or the NKs compared with France, Germany, Thailand or any other country. Only with the US.

Someone here once observed that this attitude is not only tolerated, it is encouraged. I tend to agree with them.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Muaddib, me and you are about to seriously fall out...

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't I say I was against the death penalty?
So that means no one, regardless of their crime so be executed.

Btw in Britain, it's treason to call for any type of revolution.

Why is that that "i am about to fall out with you" because i asked a question which is about the topic in this thread?

It doesn't sound good, to me it almost sounds like "we are about to go down my man"...

Forgive me but I am a Cuban-American not really familiar with slangs in Britain. i mean, i watch "Dr Who" with some friends and most times go like "what the heck did he just say"?

Oops, am I now derailing the thread to discuss "Dr. Who"?

[edit on 20-8-2007 by Muaddib]

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Why is that that "i am about to fall out" because i asked a question which is about the topic in this thread?

Because I've made it clear why I stand and yet you seem to think I support the Iranian government
Plus the endless amount of crap you posted about me apparently hating the United States just because you didn't agree with me view how to deal with the issue at hand.

Back to the subject..

Muaddib, you have to agree that this issue can only be solved by an international agreement? Political freedom and expression should be protected by international law. Agreed?

If we don't have it, then what goes in Iran and North Korea too (they execute people for "talking to America") will sadly continue

If you don't agree, what should be done?

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by DJMessiah

Yes you are right but hanging is a little more subtle than what you might be referring are you talking about lynching ? I mean basically hanging was supported by the U.S. base that Sadaam was executed at also, I am not saying we are any better but basically any form of execution should make one assess the civility of its punishments and culture so IMO there is not a lot of room to cast stones about this article, Texas is by far the leader in executions.

And also what probably lies ahead for Iran and the middle east is going to more than overshadow this once the bombs start to rain down on them for defying the orders to stop their nuclear program.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Souljah

Originally posted by Souljah
Yet all of that still does not change, a certain historical fact, that a certain U.S. president "killed" 155 people - A.K.A. The Texecutioner! I guess Iran has some long way to go, to fill in the gaps between 30 and 155 if they want to compete with the country numero uno - even in Death Sentance.

Well, surely Iran does get some brownie points for hanging people and then suspending their bodies from cranes over one of Tehran's busiest boulevards, don't they? That is a mark of creativity, if not progress. /sarcasm

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Surely we should be seeking an international ban on the death penalty? it's the only way we can sort the problem without being declared bias towards certain countries.

I realize that this was directed to Muaddib, but I do support capital punishment. I also support the Constitution, and the rule of law, which includes the 8th Amendment.

Btw, i have to address this...

isn't about time you grow up? telling members to "stop bashing the US" is getting abit old now yeah? It's been your favourite words ever since you joined ATS.

And ever since I've been a member, I've seen the US being bashed here many times without foundation. Have you seen that? If so, aren't you a bit sick of it?

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I think one innocent human executed is too much. Right now there are innocent sitting in death row in USA and in many other countries. Im just trying to show the hypocrisy in some people who blame other countries and dont look the facts about their own country.
And they sure are going to die if they are convicted in texas or in any southern state.

United States is in good company.
web.amnesty.org...
"In 2006, 91 per cent of all known executions took place in China, Iran, Pakistan, Iraq, Sudan and the USA."
I can see only one "western" and indutrialised country in that list...

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Ooops, now you have done it seeinevil, from now on the thread is going to be about the death penalty.

The question was being obsessed about without end, I merely tried to point out that it isn't an easy question to provide a simple answer for.

The death penalty question basically asks if you support ending human life... Some people expect an immediate yes or no and I think the complexities of the subject are too involved to instantly satisfy demand for a decisive answer either way.

Just making an observation

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
In the US, we hung people no less than 50 years ago for things such as small as skin color.

What have we learned in 50 years that we can mock Iranians for

[edit on 19-8-2007 by DJMessiah]
We are not hanging people for critizing the government.Yet.Most of those people were political adversaries of the fanatic government.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Haven't been on ATS over the weekend, but isn't this "news" already a couple of weeks old?

Tehran Killers Hanged in Public

Still, Iran doesn't manage to execute as many people as China does, does it?

Now, I consider myself to be a pretty liberal guy, I disagree with the US and UK's foreign policy, etc. But the one thing I don't really have a problem with are executions of people who have forefitted their right to be protected by society, committing murder, rape, torture/abuse, etc, frankly are beyond mere punishment. That is because the "punishment" is never severe enough.

And anyway, we're running out of prison space over here!

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   

The question was being obsessed about without end, I merely tried to point out that it isn't an easy question to provide a simple answer for.

The death penalty question basically asks if you support ending human life... Some people expect an immediate yes or no and I think the complexities of the subject are too involved to instantly satisfy demand for a decisive answer either way.

Just making an observation

Exactly.

There is no easy anwser to the question of "is the Death Penalty ok?".

I do support it in cases where people have committed henious acts, but these Iranians, at least some of them did not commit any "henious acts".

They were hanged just because they did not agree with the Iranian government, and that is the truth of this hanging.

Some members don't want to see that, and instead want to dismiss actions like this one claiming "the United States has the Death Penalty"....which really makes no sense.

How does the fact that "the United States has the death penalty for hideous crimes makes it alright for the Iranian regime to execute Iranians for disagreeing with the regime in Iran?....

But as always some members just want to derail every single thread into a hate bashing thread against the United States, some know exactly what they are doing, and I am starting to think some people are here just to forment hatred against the United States, while others don't realize it yet do it never-the-less.

[edit on 20-8-2007 by Muaddib]

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Actually there were members derailing this thread to blame "some other country" for the evils that happen in Iran.......

That was not a derail - but merely a contribute to the title here, which has "U.S. plots" written in quotation marks, as if there are no covert operations right now in progress in Iran, sponsored by the U.S. intelligence agencies. That is like, Homeland security would catch 30 iranian agents working in the United States to overthrow the current government. I wonder what would their sentance be....

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Nice to see "someone" is still on the same old, same old slogans again...

I do support it in cases where people have committed henious acts, but these Iranians, at least some of them did not commit any "henious acts".

If only you said that when I asked you a question regarding the death penalty, I wouldn't gone into rant mode

They were hanged just because they did not agree with the Iranian government, and that is the truth of this hanging.

The same happens in China, North Korea, Saudi Arabia and Cuba (i think) and Russia locks people up in Mental hospitals. This isn't a local problem.

This is an international problem that needs to be addressed urgently.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
The mods have already handed me a warning for another thread, so its not like people get special attention.

I know the feeling, you've probably noticed the little red badge of courage over here under my avatar...

Anyway, the predominant problem that people like myself and Muaddib are having is that the anti-Bush agenda works it's way into just about everything here on ATS and we're sick of it.

Good threads, good topics and good potential discussions are being trivialized and derailed because of obsessive Bush haters lacking any semblence of rationality to discuss anything maturely; They simply want to bash Bush at any opportunity and trivialize anything that doesn't make him look evil.

Yesterday in a thread about an ammunition shortage in Milwaukee, a moderator had to chime in with the statement "Maybe we should ask the US military to stop shooting indiscriminately and randomly in Iraq and Afghanistan? It's exactly that kind of ignorant anti-Bush agenda I'm talking about.

It happens spontaneously in lots of topics but this particular thread we're in right now is the best example I can provide of how truly annoying it is. You can't view anything on level ground, you're so busy trying to shove everything to the far left as fast as you can that you don't even notice the cliff's edge when your credibility plummets straight off it.

The mods may have given you a red badge but ive given you a star and wish i could give you more.Yourself and Mauddib are correct in your observations of blatant thread derailing by turning every thread into a ridiculous tirade of non facts about US behavior.What the hell does Iranian executions of young GIRLS have to do with the US???How about the mods start corraling in the serial thread derailers as oppossed to the members calling them on it?Just my two cents worth.

[edit on 20-8-2007 by Xfile]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join