It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Hangs 30 people Over 'U.S. Plots'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 12:15 AM
link   
It has everything to do with President Bush.

We're trying to portray Iran as the evil he declares it to be.

why arent we hearing daily reports of hangings, stonings, executions from Egypt, Saudi, Nkorea, China.......

The news is RIFE with Iranian concepts that concur with President Bush's declaration that they are a evil nation.

The only reason Iran are in the mainstream media at present, is because the US government and all there corporate assets are trying there hardest to present Iran as a nation worthy of liberation.

If you cant see that, then maybe you should open your eyes.

Personally, I portray the stonewalling of stem cell research more of a criminal act than what Iran is doing.

People KNOW the rules in Iran.
People KNOW The consequences.
If the US is over there manipulating, directing and poking their nose in another nations business, then the people they are using are going to be killed.

[edit on 20-8-2007 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
Yes, it is true that the rule of law is needed, but executing people for being political prisoners, or for "having a sharp tongue', or for "having a difference of opinion" is more than having the rule of law to protect citizens, it is down right a dictatorship.
[edit on 20-8-2007 by Muaddib]

God damn right,
I couldnt agree more.
Its about time these criminals, these evil men paid for their acts.
I cant stand watching them lie, spread hate like a disease.

HANG THE Criminals..

You were talking about Bush and co right?

My bad!

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
It has everything to do with President Bush.

We're trying to portray Iran as the evil he declares it to be.

why arent we hearing daily reports of hangings, stonings, executions from Egypt, Saudi, Nkorea, China.......

The news is RIFE with Iranian concepts that concur with President Bush's declaration that they are a evil nation.

.......First of all, a member posted this thread....it wasn't "an agent of the present administration".....

.....Second of all, this is a news source from England, not the U.S.......

....Third of all, I posted links from other countries including Iranian sources......

.......Fourth and last....this has nothing to do with the United States, or whatever dellusions some people might have about some future that exists only in their minds, as i have said before.....

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 12:23 AM
link   
yeah right,
like the media magnate isnt controlling 'multiple' publications and outlets.
The british just happened to spout the same news the US spouts.

Bottom line, there's a joint effort to vilify iran, to portray them as the evil bush said he was.
why else would this be made public?
im sure hundereds of people are executed in horrible fashions every day,
yet we dont read about every one in the papers do we ?

This has everything to do with the US Administration.
If you truley think these two nations, are seperate in their reporting, or their goals, the dellusional world is no ones but your own.

The only reason the 'WEST' is having so many news related articles about Iran, about ANYTHING to do with Iran is primarily because President bush and co have a very specific plan to forward Iraq into Iran.

This sort of news article isnt printed just for the hell of it you know.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
In the US, we hung people no less than 50 years ago for things such as small as skin color.

What have we learned in 50 years that we can mock Iranians for

[edit on 19-8-2007 by DJMessiah]

And we realized that was wrong, and stopped doing it.

I have the right to reprimand them because I am against such things, therefore it is not a double standard.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Agit8dChop....take a deep breath...breath in...breath out...keep breathing...and don't forget to keep breathing....

.....If you do a search you will find that executions done by the regime of Iran are not the only ones you can find in your search results...and even if you do a search on Arab newspapers...you will find these executions also there....

So your claims go down the drain with the claims of some people about a future that does not exists and your trying to derail this thread....

News reports are done everyday about what happens around the world...

I guess in the minds of some people all these news reports are just there so we can "go after all those countries"....

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 12:36 AM
link   
muaddib

The Chinese execute around 10,000 people a year, as far as we know since they keep their executions secret, many of them for lesser offenses, but this is not about the Chinese executions. i also wonder why you put "Americans first" and then the Chinese, when the Chinese execute more than anyone in the world and there are dozens of other countries that execute more than the U.S....

Where in the Hell are you getting your numbers from? Amnesty says 1000 and change, and I've seen other sources claim as high as 3500 per year. Seriously, where did you get that enormous number?

Indeed, Saudi Arabia executes more than the US and I didn't mention them at all. I'm sorry you read too much into the very short list I provided - it wasn't intended as a ranking scale, just two off the top of my head that have high per capita executions.

Again, you said show me when the Iranian regime is executing students and innocent people and you would change your mind...obviously you don't want to change your mind but instead want to give excuses.

I think I said students, union organizers, and hunger strikers, but I can't be bothered to check. Innocence is a relative term, and since we have little or no evidence at our disposal to review, it's a moot point anyway.

You take issue with the fact that Iran executes political prisoners - I can sympathize. However, if we're talking about people actively trying to topple the government..well, the penalty for that sort of behavior is the same in my country..your country too.

The fact that we don't enforce our sedition laws to the same extent speaks to one fact and one fact only, our government is just slightly more afraid of its citizenry than their Iranian counterparts, the Mullahs.

.....Now that's going to the extreme...show me "a retarded person who was executed for being retarded in the U.S in recent years".....and not because he/she murdered someone....

Whoa, misquote. I didn't say we execute retarded people for being retarded, I simply said we execute retarded people.

.....errr, I am sure you must be leaving something out because as far as i know i don't remember hearing or reading anything about a thief being put in jail for life for stealing his third candy bar...

Read up on California's three strikes law if you don't believe me. Google Kevin Weber or Gary Ewing, or Jerry Dewayne Williams. These fellas weren't the sort you'd invite over for dinner, but no matter their previous crimes, 25-life for petty theft is a miscarriage of justice.

Again, now you are just trying to give excuses about what the Iranian regime is doing.

Yes, it is true that the rule of law is needed, but executing people for being political prisoners, or for "having a sharp tongue', or for "having a difference of opinion" is more than having the rule of law to protect citizens, it is down right a dictatorship

Trying to give excuses? It's my opinion, fella, and if you don't like it that's fine. My opinion is that while it's stupid and morally reprehensible to legislate morality, a sovereign nation is entitled to delineate the boundaries of crime and punishment as the citizenry sees fit.

If the citizenry is unhappy with these stupid laws, if they're tired of letting a bunch of psychotic nutters tell them how to eat and dress and speak and make love, they're responsible for changing the status quo.

Nuff said...

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 12:50 AM
link   

HANG THE Criminals..

You were talking about Bush and co right?

My bad!

You use the laughing emoticon while us to hang people? Whats wrong with you? You should be ashamed of yourself.

You couldn’t think your way through a more tasteful way of intentionally derailing a thread?

BTW, I am sure that urging people to hang political figures is somehow against the TOS.

Back on the actual topic: We can say we want about the rule of law, however it is a universal moral in the modern world that people are born with certain, dare I say, "God given rights." Call them "human rights" if mention of The Lord scares you.

Why is it that I see the same people who get blood in their eyes over what they perceive to be U.S. human rights violations turning the other way over Iranian human rights violations?

I never thought it could be, but has Rush Limbaugh been right all these years? Is it true that for many war protesters it’s not about the war but instead about just hating the U.S. and wanting us to loose?

I want out of this war more than any of you that haven’t been there, trust me. But not because of I hate the U.S.; I want my father and my brothers home and more than that I have been there and seen for myself what is going on. I loved Iraq and want to see it at peace.

You know what, I am starting to believe that for some of you it isn’t about caring for Iraq but about hating the U.S.

How sad.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I am sure the US has infiltrated Iran and try to topple their regime, they do this kind of things all over the world

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 01:06 AM
link   
yes I do,
The same way im sure people scoffed, laughed and cheered when the nazi's were hung.
If I had to chose with continuing this illegial crusuade of 'choice' or the execution of war criminals.. i know where id be standing.

I love the US, for the most part the people are awesome, the land is brilliant and the goals and creations US minds have given the world are second to none.

But I hold the deepest hate for your administration, because it is so clear as to the death and misery their lies have caused.

The saddest part is? Americans confuse our hatred for their leaders, as hatred for them.
Or they chose to, .. why I dont know.
Maybe because feeling victimised for something they didnt bother stopping makes them feel better?

Being a blind patriot is for the most part, the patriots fault.
I mean, a large amount of people saw the curroption in the whitehosue the second the polls closed and the leader was announced.
Few of you realised it when you saw the towers crumble down and ask
'' why didnt they bother stopping that ''

lots of you jumped on board when you illegially invaded Iraq, based on copious amounts of lies that have all been exposed..

yet some of you, still.. to this day.. .argue tooth and nail that murdering Iraqi's in their homes is worthy so long as the government says so.

hatred you say?

I hate every time I see someone on here back up the mindless crap spurted from the administration.

ooooooo, iranians are evil mullahs.... we wont take notice of the hordes or aritcles describing iranian actions, coming form the same media outlets that started this whole Iraqi campaign.

did you not read the article without your '' US IS ALWAYS RIGHT '' blinders on ?

The executions have coincided with a crackdown on student activists and academics accused of trying to foment a 'soft revolution' with US support.

SPIES!

If we had Americans in the US, being helped by the Iranian government to bring about a 'soft-revolution'
what the hell would we do ?

We have no right to be involved in Iran, or Iraq., and we have no right to be declaring them terrroristic in nature, because we are doing the same damn things.

anything that happens to us in regards to the middle east is warranted, because WE STARTED THIS, we had a choice to join our arab neighbours and root out terrorism together.. or wage a costly quagmire against a nation whom didnt deserve it..
and look what we chose.....

Cavscout Im glad you went over there and survived, because we need more people to expierence this folly to understand why war is never the right option.

How many dead women and children did you see?
Do you not think, that these dead women and children are bringing more anti-us mentality than Saddam ever did ?

there's a reason why the whole middle east is ganging up on us.
there's a reason why nations like Iran are hanging people, that are involved with the US government.

and if you still, to this day cannot see WHY... then I am very worried as to the current climate of mankind.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne

Where in the Hell are you getting your numbers from? Amnesty says 1000 and change, and I've seen other sources claim as high as 3500 per year. Seriously, where did you get that enormous number?

China

Death penalty

The death penalty continued to be used extensively and arbitrarily, at times as a result of political interference. People were executed for non-violent crimes such as tax fraud and embezzlement as well as drug offences and violent crimes. The authorities continued to keep national statistics on death sentences and executions secret. Based on public reports available, AI estimated that at least 3,400 people had been executed and at least 6,000 sentenced to death by the end of the year, although the true figures were believed to be much higher. In March, a senior member of the National People’s Congress announced that China executes around 10,000 people per year.

web.amnesty.org...

Amnesty said that in 2005, it recorded at least 1770 executions in China, while Chinese academics have said that the number could be up to 10000 a year.

The Chinese Government refuses to publicise the number of people put to death every year and considers the issue a state secret.

www.abc.net.au...

Indeed, Saudi Arabia executes more than the US and I didn't mention them at all. I'm sorry you read too much into the very short list I provided - it wasn't intended as a ranking scale, just two off the top of my head that have high per capita executions.

Wyrdeone, the united States does not execute people for "having a sharp tongue", or for "being political prisoners", they do this in Iran and some other countries.

Innocence is a relative term, and since we have little or no evidence at our disposal to review, it's a moot point anyway.

Ah, so even if it comes from the horses' mouth as to the reason for executions, such as the 16 year old girl having a "sharp mouth" "it is a moot point" now?

You take issue with the fact that Iran executes political prisoners - I can sympathize. However, if we're talking about people actively trying to topple the government..well, the penalty for that sort of behavior is the same in my country..your country too.

No WyrdeOne, there is a big difference between having a difference of opinion, even politically, and having political demonstrations, and murdering people due to any reason....

In the United States people are not sentenced to death for being political prisoners, but we do in certain states if anyone has murdered someone, nomatter the reason, except for self defense.

People demonstrate in the United States against political parties, and unless they become violent and resort to violence, these people can form legal protests, and people are not sentenced to death even if they become violent, unless they murdered someone.

Whoa, misquote. I didn't say we execute retarded people for being retarded, I simply said we execute retarded people.

It was me who said that....and again, you are leaving out a fact...those people are not executed for being retarded...they have been executed for murdering someone...

Read up on California's three strikes law if you don't believe me. Google Kevin Weber or Gary Ewing, or Jerry Dewayne Williams. These fellas weren't the sort you'd invite over for dinner, but no matter their previous crimes, 25-life for petty theft is a miscarriage of justice.

First of all, it was a bit more than just for robbing chocolate....

News Briefs
October 27, 1995
Web posted at: 10:25 p.m. EDT

Cookie Burglar gets at least 25 years
SANTA ANA, California (CNN) - A parolee could spend the rest of his life in prison for breaking into a restaurant and stealing chocolate chip cookies.

Kevin Weber was sentenced to 25 years to life Friday under California's tough "three strikes, you're out" law.

Orange County Superior Court Judge Jean Rheinheimer said she had no choice because of Weber's two previous felony convictions stemming from a 1988 burglary.

Prosecutors said the six-time parole violator broke into the restaurant to rob the safe after a busy Mother's Day holiday, but he triggered the alarm system before he could do it. When arrested, his pockets were full of cookies he had taken from the restaurant. Family members called the sentence ridiculous and unfair.

The three strikes law was designed to deter repeat offenders by mandating long prison sentences for a third felony conviction.

edition.cnn.com...

This man was not hungry...he wasn't desperate for food, he broke into a restaurant and couldn't open the safe on time, he had a record of robbery, and he knew that a third try would land him in jail for 25 years, yet he did it none-the-less...

Tell me, should people not being arrested and put in prison for "attempt to murder"?....

This man "attempted to rob the safe, and broke into the restaurant...so he did more than jsut "stole chocolates...

Anyways, California's "Three Strikes" requires prison sentences of at least 25 years for those previously convicted of two "serious" or "violent" felonies.

When a person who has committed two previous serious or violent crimes before, continues to show that he/she will rob again, even when they know at the third strike they will land in jail for 25 years, there is a high probability that person will perform another "serious or violent crime"... hence 25 years in prison stops them from commiting a "serious or violent crime". That is the intention of the "Three Strikes" law, to avoid any possible "serious or violent crimes being performed.

Trying to give excuses? It's my opinion, fella, and if you don't like it that's fine. My opinion is that while it's stupid and morally reprehensible to legislate morality, a sovereign nation is entitled to delineate the boundaries of crime and punishment as the citizenry sees fit.

Well fella, you did state you would change your mind if you were shown wrong, but you are not changing your mind. That is called, "calling your bluff"

If the citizenry is unhappy with these stupid laws, if they're tired of letting a bunch of psychotic nutters tell them how to eat and dress and speak and make love, they're responsible for changing the status quo.

Nuff said...

Does that mean we can't discuss what happens in other countries?

Have you seen anyone in this thread state "let's bomb Iran to the Dark Ages for this"?....

Even if some member would say this, that's his/her opinion, but I never said "we should bomb Iran because of this", and as of yet no other member has.... enough said?

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavscout
I want out of this war more than any of you that haven’t been there, trust me. But not because of I hate the U.S.; I want my father and my brothers home and more than that I have been there and seen for myself what is going on. I loved Iraq and want to see it at peace.

You know what, I am starting to believe that for some of you it isn’t about caring for Iraq but about hating the U.S.

How sad.

cavscout, if i could give you a Way Above Top Secret Award I would.

That is exactly what is happening, but i am afraid too many members are too blinded with hatred against the U.S., and unfortunately even some Americans are partaking on this "crazed hatred bashes" to see the truth....

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne to Muaddib

Uhmm, maybe from Amnesty, the very source you claim you checked with?

Amnesty International Press Release
The death penalty: China continues to execute more people each year than the rest of the world combined. A senior legislator from south-west China recently said China executes "nearly 10,000" people per year. Amnesty International is calling for an immediate moratorium on the death penalty as a step towards abolition.

Honestly WyrdeOne if this had been an official debate over in the debate forum, Muaddib would have won it by a landslide in my opinion.

You act condescending like everything he posts to enforce his points or in rebuttal to you is just trivial and insignificant, but in reality your entire argument best resembles a toothpick on the tracks while Muaddib has rumbled through in a locomotive... Agit8dChop didn't offer any better argument than you did.

This is an interesting, enlightening article that The_Coo posted and referenced, it's relevant to current events in the world and I personally flagged and starred it. I resent anyone insinuating these things aren't news worthy just because they hate President Bush so much that they also hate anything which casts his enemies in a revealing light.

"Deny Ignorance" my arse, the ignorance flies around this place like a swarm of locusts and whenever someone like Muaddib tries to inject a little reality and sensibility into things, their efforts are only trivialized.

Some of the people on ATS are so politically motivated with hatred for Bush that they'll willingly feign absolute blindness to the atrocities of his enemies. I find that revolting to the point of mentally regurgitating it.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 02:05 AM
link   
You are both right.
How dare they be critical of a war that should never of occured.
Its all just one long string of accidents that ended up putting our government in a position they wanted from the begining.
Nothing suspicous, nothing criminal.. all you people are seeing things.. cause its all completley innocent.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by seeingevil
Some of the people on ATS are so politically motivated with hatred for Bush that they'll willingly feign absolute blindness to the atrocities of his enemies. I find that revolting to the point of mentally regurgitating it.

seeinevil, this has been happening for a while now in the forums.

There are quite a few members who keep doing this, trying to turn every thread into a "U.S. hate bashing fest."

Oh, and notice, no "warnings have been issue of any kind"...I wonder why?...

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by seeingevil
Some of the people on ATS are so politically motivated with hatred for Bush that they'll willingly feign absolute blindness to the atrocities of his enemies.

What is it they say about the enemy of my enemy?

Bush being wrong does not make Iran right.

People can say they don’t think Iran is wrong for deciding and enforcing their own laws and that has nothing to do with their opinion of the POTUS. If that is true, then how did the U.S. and Bush even come into this thread?

People show their true colors when they cant defend Iran without bashing Bush and/or the U.S.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Its all just one long string of accidents that ended up putting our government in a position they wanted from the begining.

And just what does that have to do with Iran murdering little girls and rape victims?

STOP DERAILING THREADS. You are intentionally disrupting threads. That is a violation of the TOS. Not my opinion, but a fact. You do it all the time, everyone sees it, we all know it.

Yet you aren’t being warned even with several moderators active on this thread. Why Mods? Hell, I'll probably be the one to get a warn.

You didnt even mention Iran in your last post, for crapsake!

[edit on 20-8-2007 by cavscout]

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Ah, cavscout and seeinevil, some members will start claiming now that "we work for the U.S. government" and we are the "evil Capitalist agents" for trying to keep the thread on topic and for not bashing and blaming the U.S. for every evil imaginable in the world....

Anyways, meanwhile in the real world, Iran executes people including minors for offenses such as "having a sharp tongue", "being a political prisoner" and other offenses meanwhile the Iranian regime claims these people were common criminals....

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Well sorry,
people start labeling muslims as living in the dark ages, simply for executing people whom snuggle up to the US committing treasonist charges.

Youve got to accept the fact, that the people executed were being supported by the US.

This then brings the US into the conversation.
Also recently, the US labeled Irans forces as being terroristic themselves.

I merely brought this execution and bush into the same sentance, because it seems people are so quick to be labeling Iran 'evil' like bush did, which I fear is a result of him using his media contacts to spread so much hateful propoganda around the world.

for example, How many saudi's were executed today, does that bother to make the news?
how many chinese were executed today.. does that bother to make the news?

My point is, your seeing a major increase in Anti-Iranian articles, because the western media is trying its DAMNED hardest to portray Iran as the evil empire Bush declares it to be.

IF you cant accept the fact people DONT see eye to eye deal with it, instead of carrying on liek you are now.

The mods have already handed me a warning for another thread, so its not like people get special attention.

IF you cant handle people talking about Iran, terrorists and bush in the same light, because they deserve to be, stop bloody replying or posting back to them.

ITS THAT SIMPLE!

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Your going to have to deal with the fact, that Iraq, Iran and George Bush are joined at the hip.

You cannot talk about 1, without the other being an influence on what ever it is your talking about.

For example,
These people were supposidly executed to make an example of the US meddling with Iranians against the Iranian government.
This brings the US administration into it, because its clearly in Iran messing around.

Just because you dont like the reality behind todays political climate in the world is your bad luck.

Because I see, as I explained that Bush, Iran and Iraq are all on the same page at present.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join