It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Hangs 30 people Over 'U.S. Plots'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Iran Hangs 30 people Over 'U.S. Plots'

observer.guardian.co.uk

Iran has hanged up to 30 people in the past month amid a clampdown prompted by alleged U.S.-backed plots to topple the regime.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
observer.guardian.co.uk

[edit on 19-8-2007 by The_Coo]

[edit on 19-8-2007 by The_Coo]

[edit: fixed bbcode for links]

[edit on 20-8-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Mod Edit: This section is for member comments. Additional copy paste from the news source removed.

freeinternetpress.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 23-8-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Interesting article, flagged and starred...

An especially interesting point to the article is the side note that homosexuality, adultery, and apostacy are capital offenses in Iran.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
In the US, we hung people no less than 50 years ago for things such as small as skin color.

What have we learned in 50 years that we can mock Iranians for

[edit on 19-8-2007 by DJMessiah]

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
maybe that the Americans and the West have moved on from the dark ages, and the Islamic world hasn't?

[edit: removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post]
Quoting - Please review this link

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Or that by those being perpetrated have stood up for their rights and forced a change in National Policy,

They Did this thru Death, Injury, and Defamation of character.

Iranians Need to start standing up for their Freewill. God gives that to all, But Somehow, Their Prez or Iran is better then God.

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT for you RIGHT TO "Enter Objective Here"

And This is all speculations of them being "revolutionaries" and they still get the rope. I dont think their country will last much longer as a Center for Hate, and Anti-freewill.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tranceopticalinclined
Iranians Need to start standing up for their Freewill. God gives that to all, But Somehow, Their Prez or Iran is better then God.

and the americans need to start fighting for the freedoms that they are losing every day, as its eroded step by step.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Actual story...

Here:

observer.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peyre
maybe that the Americans and the West have moved on from the dark ages, and the Islamic world hasn't?

By "moved from the dark ages" do you mean tolerance not only based on race but on religion too, because I have yet to see it?

[edit on 19-8-2007 by DJMessiah]

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Race or religion or both?

[edit: removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post]
Quoting - Please review this link

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Iran Dupes Bush : The US invaded Iraq for WMDs, went after Saddam, found Saddam, handed him to Iran, watched as Iran dominated the so-called free court, watched as Saddam was prosecuted for charges stemming from the Iraq-Iran war, watched as Iran executed Saddam and then sat back as Iran proceeded to occupy 80% of Baghdad and 40% of Iraq.

Iranian media has also tried to buy Iraqi journalists by first interviewing them for some special program about Iraq, then soliciting them for work, and then bribing them with money.

Iran is following a very programmed, very schematic approach to annihilating Iraq. First go after the big fry: The Iraqi Army, the Baathists, the government hierarchy and infrastructure. Then murder its leaders, its scientists, its clergymen, destroy its institutions. Finally work your way down the ladder and go after senior, mid-level, and junior personalities who are a threat.

This is Iran's game. Make no mistake about it.

www.uruknet.de...

...................................................................................
[edit: added the necessary and appropriate External Source tags to define the above as such]

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: New External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
The two you mentioned were tried and found guilty of the murder of a judge - it's not like they were found guilty of liking America or something.

Most, if not all, of the people who hang in Iran are the sort of folks who qualify for the death penalty in the USA just the same. So what makes them different? Aren't they allowed to decide, as a country, how to deal with their criminals?

The day Iran starts hanging peaceful students, union organizers, and hunger strikers from cranes is the day I join in with the howling dogs of the western media. Until that day, I don't see how this is anything besides "Do as I say, not as I do."

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   
WyrdeOne, I think you haven't paid much attention to what has been happening in Iran...

Shall I show you what sort of evil people Iran hangs?...

Girl, 16, hanged in public in Iran

On Sunday, August 15, a 16-year-old girl in the town of Neka, northern Iran, was executed. Ateqeh Sahaleh was hanged in public on Simetry Street off Rah Ahan Street at the city center.
The judge personally pursued Ateqeh’s death sentence, beyond all normal procedures and finally gained the approval of the Supreme Court. After her execution Rezai said her punishment was not execution but he had her executed for her “sharp tongue”.

www.iranfocus.com...

Iranian woman to hang
07/01/2006 13:24 - (SA)

Tehran - An 18-year-old Iranian woman has been sentenced to death for killing the man she says tried to rape her.

Nazanin, 17 at the time, had been out with her niece and their boyfriends in Tehran when two men started harassing them. She said the men tried to rape them after their boyfriends had run away.

Nazanin told the newspaper: "I committed murder to defend myself and my niece, I did not mean to kill him. I did not know what to do because nobody came to help us."

www.news24.com...

Iran To Hang Political Prisoner On July 4
Ghazal Omid - 7/3/2007
Khaled Hardani, a political prisoner since 2000, was last able to call from prison on June 12, 2007. His death sentence was reaffirmed May 31, 2007. He is to be hanged July 4, 2007, according to UN officer Mr. Gram. Khaled has been separated from the prison population since June 17; quarantined in an undisclosed location in Raji Shahr prison. According to UN officer Grams and other political prisoners this is usually an indication that a prisoner will be hanged and also is mandated as mental torture by the UN. He was last seen in medical clinic on June 20 when he told witnesses he was four days into a dry hunger; meaning he was not eating or drinking at all. Khaled refused medical attention until he was returned to his UN-disclosed location the same day. He is not allowed to communicate with anyone and the only news I have about him is through other political prisoners who see him getting progressively weaker when brought to the Raji Shahr Clinic daily.

www.globalpolitician.com...

In case you didn't know people can be hanged in Iran also for apostacy and blasphemy.

[edit on 19-8-2007 by Muaddib]

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   
So, WyrdeOne what have you to say now?...

Or are you going to find some other excuse to dismiss these hangings?

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   
BTW do you actually think all those people hanged are being hanged for being criminals?... or is the Iranian regime claiming them to be criminals and hanging them for other offenses?....

Here is about the execution of another political prisoner in Iran last year, and we don't know how many other "political prisoners" and other people are being hanged for "having sharp tongues, etc" and the Iranian regime is claiming they are common criminals...

Iran hangs political prisoner
Wed. 15 Feb 2006
United Press International

TEHRAN, Feb. 15 (UPI) -- Hojjat Zamani, a political prisoner and member of the People's Mojahedin Organization of Iran in Gohardasht prison in Karaj, west of Tehran was hanged Feb. 7.

Zamani was under torture and pressure since 2001, for five years. Ali Haji Kazem, the warden of Gohardasht prison, and two others known as Arjmandi and Seyyed, an executive deputy for implementation of the verdicts, were among those involved in the execution.

www.iranfocus.com...

Iran: execution of political prisoners under the pretence of common criminals

Thursday, 26 July 2007

NCRI - On Sunday, the mullahs’ regime hanged two political prisoners among twelve other prisoners, according to information received. The regime transferred Fazel Ramezani and Haj-Morad Mohammadi, members of the Bakhtyari Tribe (southwestern Iran), from the notorious Gohardasht Prison to the Evin Prison where they were executed with ten other prisoners.

Executing political prisoners such as members of the People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) as common criminals under the pretext of drug smugglers has been a common practice in Iran

www.ncr-iran.org...

[edit on 19-8-2007 by Muaddib]

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Muaddib
Well, certainly there are cases like the ones you point out. Those are probably the most extreme among hundreds (I think Iran probably executes more people per capita than even the Americans or the Chinese).

One could say the same thing about this country. I mean, we have no qualms executing retarded people or people with a troubled past, or people with drug problems.

In Iran, their laws prohibit promiscuity (as in the case of the 16 year old girl). Is it any different from locking up a California thief for life, for stealing his third candy bar (three strikes)? I don't agree with it...

I think it's stupid and wrong to legislate morality, but I agree with the notion of the rule of law: the notion that a sovereign nation can decide for themselves what is and what is not acceptable in terms of behavior.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

Because day by day we lose are rights sooner or later Bush will be the one hanging people.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peyre

I dunno, bombing people in their own land for nothing but greed is pretty damn dark.
Labeling people evil simply for their religous beliefs is pretty damn dark.

dark ages?
well if this isnt dark i'd hate to see what is..

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by resistance911
Because day by day we lose are rights sooner or later Bush will be the one hanging people.

This has nothing to do with President Bush, or the dellusions some have about a future that only exists in their minds.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
Muaddib
Well, certainly there are cases like the ones you point out. Those are probably the most extreme among hundreds (I think Iran probably executes more people per capita than even the Americans or the Chinese).

The Chinese execute around 10,000 people a year, as far as we know since they keep their executions secret, many of them for lesser offenses, but this is not about the Chinese executions. i also wonder why you put "Americans first" and then the Chinese, when the Chinese execute more than anyone in the world and there are dozens of other countries that execute more than the U.S....

Again, you said show me when the Iranian regime is executing students and innocent people and you would change your mind...obviously you don't want to change your mind but instead want to give excuses.

One could say the same thing about this country. I mean, we have no qualms executing retarded people or people with a troubled past, or people with drug problems.

.....Now that's going to the extreme...show me "a retarded person who was executed for being retarded in the U.S in recent years".....and not because he/she murdered someone.... as for executing people for "drug problems".... even though this is just a bit off topic, since we are talking about the hangings in Iran, show us a person who was executed for drug problems... I am interested what your notion of "a drug problem" is.

In Iran, their laws prohibit promiscuity (as in the case of the 16 year old girl). Is it any different from locking up a California thief for life, for stealing his third candy bar (three strikes)? I don't agree with it...

.....errr, I am sure you must be leaving something out because as far as i know i don't remember hearing or reading anything about a thief being put in jail for life for stealing his third candy bar...

I think it's stupid and wrong to legislate morality, but I agree with the notion of the rule of law: the notion that a sovereign nation can decide for themselves what is and what is not acceptable in terms of behavior.

Again, now you are just trying to give excuses about what the Iranian regime is doing.

Yes, it is true that the rule of law is needed, but executing people for being political prisoners, or for "having a sharp tongue', or for "having a difference of opinion" is more than having the rule of law to protect citizens, it is down right a dictatorship.

[edit on 20-8-2007 by Muaddib]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join