It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa is changing it self to deal with new plans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Nasa becomes more like Starfleet... look at this..

Chief Engineer -- Will ensure agency development efforts and mission operations are planned and conducted using sound engineering.

Health and Medical Systems -- Will ensure the well-being of the NASA workforce and provide independent oversight authority for healthcare and related research.

Chief Information Officer -- Will manage the agency's Information Technology investments, lead the development of a strategic plan, and create a roadmap to guide the agency's IT programs and policies.

Institutional and Corporate Management -- Will lead the oversight of NASA's management systems, institutional, and corporate activities.

www.space.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Very true.

I was not surprised when Bush said that a new system be used for the tech, which I fully expected and agree with.

I am expecting more private market involvement in this new space race as well.

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I really think that NASA should step aside somewhat and just work on research. Private industries seem better suited to go into space these days, since NASA isn't doing much.

I'd like to see commercial spaceflights in six years and an oribiting space hotel (or at least plans for one) in ten. Private spaceflight 20-50 years after that. (or sooner, maybe...)

The only thing about private spaceflight is that there will have to be locations for people to want to go to.

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoganCale
I really think that NASA should step aside somewhat and just work on research. Private industries seem better suited to go into space these days, since NASA isn't doing much.

I'd like to see commercial spaceflights in six years and an oribiting space hotel (or at least plans for one) in ten. Private spaceflight 20-50 years after that. (or sooner, maybe...)

The only thing about private spaceflight is that there will have to be locations for people to want to go to.

There will be, the hotel in space

join