It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USAF Black Projects

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2002 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Aurora ,Tr-3 A ,Brillant Buzzard ,Suntan ,AX-17 ,BTSTO ,Black Triangles are all on this site.

www.aemann.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 2 2002 @ 08:17 AM
link   
The Brilliant Buzzard looks remarkbly like the XB-70 Valkyrie.

XB-70

posted on Dec, 3 2002 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Yep it's look.But they have differents purposes.

I would like to fly in one of those babies !

posted on Dec, 6 2002 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Sorry whoever thought they saw the XB-70 fly in the 90s is on crack.

only two were made and one crashed then other is sitting in the airforce museum in ohio.

looks like someone just decided to borrow the aircraft picture to make a neat icon.

this was never a black project either it was a strategic bomber project which lost funding due to the crash and then the introduction of the B-1 program.

www.wpafb.af.mil...

posted on Dec, 7 2002 @ 09:12 AM
link   
mrbunnyman, USAF Black Projects is the name of the website.And I think that we know all that this bomber wasn't a black program.

But thanks for your comments & link.

posted on Dec, 7 2002 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrbunnyman
Sorry whoever thought they saw the XB-70 fly in the 90s is on crack.

only two were made and one crashed then other is sitting in the airforce museum in ohio.

looks like someone just decided to borrow the aircraft picture to make a neat icon.

this was never a black project either it was a strategic bomber project which lost funding due to the crash and then the introduction of the B-1 program.

www.wpafb.af.mil...

What are you taliking about, can you read ?

posted on Dec, 7 2002 @ 11:16 PM
link   
mrbunnyman doesn't seem to be very intelligent, either that or he doesn't bother reading the replies, nobody said the XB-70 was flying in the 90's

posted on Dec, 10 2002 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Yeah, I know how to read an realize the reference to the black projects was to the name of the website.

the article on the website said in 1990 eyewitnesses stated the following.......

the little green icon of the aircraft they show looks like the XB-70.

I was just trying to point out that there isn't anything in the USAF inventory during the 1990s that looks like.

the so called eye witness could have seen or been shown a picture of the XB-70 or an outline of it and thought that's what they had seen which would account for the similarities between it and the "brillant buzzard" description.

that was my only point.

posted on Jan, 15 2003 @ 09:09 PM
link   
FYI......the real neat stuff can't be seen.

posted on Jan, 16 2003 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Sometimes I just can't understand the US Defence Dept.
There are some brilliant aircraft being produced and because of beurocratic bulls@&t the aircraft goes on the scrap heap!
There should be a seperate Department dealing with 'Oversight Scraped Projects' or something of the sort to re-investigate some projects.
What do you think guys?

posted on Feb, 4 2003 @ 04:31 PM
link   
The article that follows is purely speculation, enjoy or comment...

Refering to the Project Brilliant Buzzard as a Mothership for deploying cargo into Low Earth Orbit (LEO) seems to fit evidence from the early 1990's.

This is my theory of a typical mission.

The Mothership takes off from Groom Lake along the long runway Northwards. As it is dual-fuel craft it is full of Kerosene and liquid hydrogen, and has a payload (maybe a shortlife spysat). Because of its size and weight a long runway is needed. It probably only needs half of the 5 miler, the rest used for safe recovery.

The craft climbs rapidly and when it crosses the Canadian border it turns eastwards and heads over the barren parts of the land. As it crosses the East coast it is going hypersonic at 200,000ft. Over the Western Atlantic it reaches LEO and deploys its payload.

It then deccelerates and descends over the Eastern Atlantic and heads for the West Coast of Scotland. Mainly Machrihanish airfield. This is an unusual airfield in the UK as it runs East-West so it has a clear access to the Irish Sea, crossing no habited land. The runway was also extended by 2500ft in the late 1980's to become one of the longest runways in the UK at 12,500ft.

Being completely empty the craft stops quickly with drogue chute and taxis into a hanger under the cover of darkness.

It is then refuelled with only Kerosene for the return trip, thus being lighter and only requiring a shorter take off run.

It returns to America at a more leisurely cruise, tankering off the East coast of America, before returning to Nevada.

Turn around is quicker then the shuttle. In light of the current events with the Space Shuttle Program, it might be advantageous to go public with this kind project-now-to reaffirm the population that they do have a safe and successful, albeit secret, space program.

new topics

top topics

join