It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the heck are these strange balls?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by wierdalienshiznit

Maybe the shuttle ejects these things later on and that would explain the lack of reentry friction effects.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by cybertroy
What the heck are these strange balls?

The one ball looked like it had hair on it, but perhaps it was carbon fiber like mentioned. Certainly odd looking.

Troy

I think that is a personal issue between you and your doctor.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 12:29 AM
link   
ok some of these things have visible signs of rust.
now in order for things to rust i believe there has to be an electrochemical reaction. in order for iron oxide to happen per se there has to be oxygen water and iron. these things or at least some of them are obviously old being as that they have begun to undergo corrosion.

being as that there is rust they are clearly not from space.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by mentalempire

yup.

just a random thought probably of little consequence....whatever happened to those shuttles taken out of commission??

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   

If what they do in the armed services is any evidence, all usable parts were probably cannibalized for use on the shuttles that are still good and the rest was either put in a museum or sold for scrap.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 12:52 AM
link   
another thought,woudlnt nasa be more careful when ejecting tanks that contain hazardous material? ie over the ocean as is standard practice.

and given the above statement about rust,and mine about the affects orbital re entry

this isnt from the space shuttle.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 12:54 AM
link   

How can you be so sure this stuff isn't from the space shuttle? I demonstrated that if the stuff was ejected low enough there wouldn't be any re-entry effects, and the fact that it *is* rusted up almost conclusively establishes its initial origin as being earthly.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mentalempire

there are only two periods when this event could take place,take off and landing,

both maneuvers are undertaken at a latitudinal not a longitudinal approach,given that these objects were found in countries considerably south of a latitudinal re-entry or take off,i dont see how they could come from the space shuttle.

nasa are very careful about ejecting space junk,imagine the lawsuit you could file if a container of hazardous material messes up your neighbourhood

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 01:10 AM
link   

What does it matter if it's over the jungles of Colombia? Furthermore, is there ANY law of physics that says that the reentry path couldn't be somewhere over Colombia?

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Ok these things are definitely man made from what I can see in the video.
They exhibit many features pointing to this some of which are: valves, screws, bolts, chipped paint, and some sort of mechanism that involves the use of a 'crank' to presumably unlock a circular opening or perhaps unlock and twist a circular appendage that leads to an opening. Some of the objects also feature open-ended joints that appear to have once had some sort of a connecting joint attached forming a metal tube structure.

Furthermore some of the images used in the video feature officials with uniforms from South Africa. And in another image the landscape is of Saudi Arabia not that of Latin America.

I believe that these vessels were used to hold some sort of a liquid or gaseous substance based clearly on some of the visible features
(valves etc) as stated above.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by mentalempire

What does it matter if it's over the jungles of Colombia? Furthermore, is there ANY law of physics that says that the reentry path couldn't be somewhere over Colombia?

no objects are shed on re entry,and such objects are not shed upon launch read-

www.bbc.co.uk...

yes there is physics,
a northern latitudinal re entry or take off would mean all objects associated that could be ejected,could not deviate in such a longitudinal distance.

[edit on 10-11-2007 by wierdalienshiznit]

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by agent violet

yes,and they are not from the shuttle(or the ones we know about?
)

so where are they from?.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 01:29 AM
link   
They are from Earth and more than likely they are...drumroll please...
Alloy Mix Drums.

But I think that some of them are about 500 gallons or so and are of this variety:

[edit on 11/10/2007 by agent violet]

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by agent violet

yes i understand they are from earth,i am saying that there not from the space shuttle as was the previously accepted truth in this thread.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Yes, weirdalienshiznit I agree. I do not believe that they are defunct canisters that had been discharged/disengaged from any space shuttle.

I will also venture to guess that these drums* (being as that they are inaccurately named as 'balls') are most likely pre 1990 in make.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 01:50 AM
link   
They look like rocket Oxydizer Tanks to me:
www.scaled.com...
They come in all shapes and sizes depending on the rocket, the type of chemical, and the quantity. Many of these would survive reentry because the external skin takes the brunt of the damage.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

spot on,

as you can see in the link you posted, they are very simple rockets.

meaning some south/central american country is launching things into space!.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Great find Defcon5, stars to you.

I am curious though as to who a supplier would be for this type of an object. Also, the transportation needed to 'deliver' the tanks, I presume would be quite large. I wonder if this is/would be a non-military project or something of private corporation (etc.) use?

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 02:56 AM
link   
The equator is the best place to launch from, France launches from French Guiana I believe, and many countries launch satellites, they could have come from one of them, a stage of a rocket or something. Although they could have just fallen off a truck. Who knows.

It looks like they are made of steel, a terrestrial metal, so that puts the alien angle into question for sure.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by wierdalienshiznit
meaning some south/central american country is launching things into space!.

Originally posted by agent violet
Also, the transportation needed to 'deliver' the tanks, I presume would be quite large.

Just as stated by Redge777, you don’t need to launch over the area were the rocket falls, nor would these have to be delivered by truck. It’s simply is a matter of were that orbit decays to such a point that the object is captured by gravity and falls back.

[edit on 11/10/2007 by defcon5]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join