It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for a Book.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
My husband was telling me last night about a book he read when he was in his early twenties and serving in the US Army during Desert Storm.

The book taught the reader to use certain figures drawn out as a visual representation of personal goals. These figures were drawn along the points and lines of a pentagram. (The pentagram, which he had drawn out on a white cloth for his focal point, got him in some trouble with the higher ups, as they saw it as occult in nature. )

He believes that it was based on, or perhaps even written by, a woman from Louisiana.

On the cover were the words "Unconscious, conscious, and Superconscious" although they were not part of the title.

I know this isn't much information, but I really hope this rings a bell with someone, of if anyone has any suggestions how to narrow my search, I would be most appreciative.

Thanks!

subbcindy

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I tried googling "Unconscious, conscious, and Superconscious" in hopes of trying to find a book cover with that, unfortunately I did not find a book with those words on it, but I kept seeing the name "Swami Vivekananda". I don't know if this helps, but I decided to post anyway.

If he read it in the early 90's it might have been published with a new cover that doesn't have those exact words on it. Or it might be out of print. :bnghd:

Sorry I couldn't have been of more help.

[edit on 19-8-2007 by JelloFaust]

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I found this, is this it? Link

Even if it isnt I would like to read it.

Btw, Google sucks.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Thanks for helping me look, and I will certainly take a closer look at the suggestions posted.

These books, however, aren't it. I guess the book was published in the mid 70's, or at least the copy of the book my husband had was published then. I am currently looking at "The Wisdom of Florence Scovel Shinn" as a possibility.

He (my husband) is seriously contemplating re-enlisting in the Army, for many reasons, and I am hoping to surprise him with a copy of this book he took the first time, since it was a focal point for him.

Thank you all for taking the time to look. Any more suggestions??

Thanks!
subbcindy

top topics

join