It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Nation magazine says NAFTA Superhighway a Myth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   
On the cover of Aug 27-Sept 3rd issue of The Nation magazine was an article titled "The NAFTA Superhighway its big its scary but is it real ?"

Inside the article basically states that this highway is a myth. Somehow it says we've confused the Trans-Texas corridor (a real proposal) with this NAFTA road.

The article blames the myth on paranoid conspiracy type of politics and fear of mexican immigration.

My question, is there any actual evidence that this NAFTA superhighway is being implemented ? Has construction already started ? Not that I believe The Nation but Im curious to what proof exists otherwise.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by admriker444
On the cover of Aug 27-Sept 3rd issue of The Nation magazine was an article titled "The NAFTA Superhighway its big its scary but is it real ?"

Inside the article basically states that this highway is a myth. Somehow it says we've confused the Trans-Texas corridor (a real proposal) with this NAFTA road.

The article blames the myth on paranoid conspiracy type of politics and fear of mexican immigration.

My question, is there any actual evidence that this NAFTA superhighway is being implemented ? Has construction already started ? Not that I believe The Nation but Im curious to what proof exists otherwise.

it doesnt add up. like it doesnt go anywhere. idk, i dont think there is any evidence, but if u find some, please share

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by admriker444

If the Trans-Texas corridor is not part of a NAFTA superhighway system, then the Trans-Texas Corridor is just a road to nowhere.

The Ports-to-Plains website shows the plan for the highway system to Denver and includes the Trans-Texas Corridor documents. Link to Port-to-Plains site

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by iotaetasig284

From the Ports-to-Plains Website:

#

Connects Metropolitan Cities and Regional Trade Centers

The Theodore Roosevelt Expressway, Ports-to-Plains and the Heartland Expressway which make up the Great Plains International Trade Corridor are not projects that were arbitrarily drawn on a map. This international corridor is strategically located to increase economic efficiency by connecting metropolitan cities and regional trade centers through the Great Plains from Canada to Mexico. These connections are significant as there are very few north-south highway corridors in the Central United States.
#

Provide a Direct NAFTA Trade Route from Canada to Mexico

The Great Plains International Trade Corridor will develop a significant NAFTA Trade corridor. This route will provide better accessibility between the Canadian markets of Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, and Vancouver and the Tex-Mex ports at Laredo, Del Rio, Eagle Pass, and El Paso, as well as all points in between, particularly Lubbock, Amarillo, Denver and Rapid City. This corridor will also provide direct access to the Canadian markets from the Gulf of Mexico ports such as Houston and Corpus Christi.

In my opinion that is just about as NAFTA Superhighway system as it comes, but I know there is more documentation in Dr. Jerome Corsi's latest book, but I don't have a copy of it yet.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   
For what I have read on the web is supposed to be under the construction of a foreign company and after construction they will be maintaining the tolls.

But as today the initial money is not been allocated because all the talks has been done privately between the heads of the three nations involved, and congress is not in it.

The money will have to come from tax payer but congress will have to approved it until then it will not be in the news and will be regarded as a conspiracy.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
For what I have read on the web is supposed to be under the construction of a foreign company and after construction they will be maintaining the tolls.

But as today the initial money is not been allocated because all the talks has been done privately between the heads of the three nations involved, and congress is not in it.

The money will have to come from tax payer but congress will have to approved it until then it will not be in the news and will be regarded as a conspiracy.

Wait a minute

Your telling me TAXPAYER money will cover the cost to build this highway and then a foreign company will make me pay a toll to use it ?

Whats next, my son pays a toll fee to some company to enter his school each day ?

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by admriker444

A great many roadways and tollways have already been purchased by foreign companies like CINTRA.

The Ports-to-Plains segment of the NAFTA Superhighway system is in addition to main section of the Trans-Texas Corridor, much of which is scheduled to go to CINTRA for control.

Here's the map of the Port-to-Plains segment plus other segments that will connect Saskatoon through Laredo to the Mexican ports. This section of map is from a document on the Ports-to-Plains website:

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pellevoisin
A great many roadways and tollways have already been purchased by foreign companies like CINTRA.

Exactly, hard working Americans pay for it, and then is sold to foreign firms.

People be aware that this how America has been sold one piece at a time for profits.

niv

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043Exactly, hard working Americans pay for it, and then is sold to foreign firms.

People be aware that this how America has been sold one piece at a time for profits.

Why is this a problem? The buyers of these roads pay a great deal of money for these roads that goes to local governments. For example, Chicago made a killing selling the "Skyway" to an Australian investment bank. Not only did Chicago get billions, the new owners are maintaining the road better than Chicago ever did.

Edit for typos

[edit on 22-8-2007 by niv]

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
4 year old thread,

but this issue is rearing its ugly head again, ron pauls involvement in investigating this superhighway has been brought up in regards to his current run for election, they are saying there has never been plans for a superhighway, he's crazy for saying there was,

its good threads like this are still around to show the true reality of it,

top topics

join