It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Homosexuals Christian, Can They Be Forgiven?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

Originally posted by depth om
There were two humans at one point right?. They sinned, they bore mankind, man came from one family. Sin is passed through the flesh.

no, the garden of eden myth is simply that, it's a myth.

and the character jesus argued completely against sin passing through the flesh.

Please show me where Jesus says this i will look myself, but if you are going to say Jesus did something please shoe the respect and give a reference. He is your Lord wither you want to admit it or not. You belong to God and once you realize this your soul will be at please. If you soul was truly at peace you would not be looking for the thing you are looking for. Jesus is knocking at your door and you can feel Him it probably scares you, but He will not harm you my friend.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mrknighttime32
Please show me where Jesus says this i will look myself, but if you are going to say Jesus did something please shoe the respect and give a reference.

every time the character heals someone, he's openly attacking the hebrew belief of sin passing through the flesh. the blind? they were considered to be blind as a punishment for the sins of their parents. the handicapped? same.

He is your Lord wither you want to admit it or not.

so is thor, aten, osiris, baal, zeus, amaterasu, and the fsm...

You belong to God and once you realize this your soul will be at please.

i don't have one of those. if you're going to bring up the name, it's from a song lyric i liked.
i'm at peace right now... maybe i'm a bit thirsty, but i'm at peace.

If you soul was truly at peace you would not be looking for the thing you are looking for.

...more knowledge? discussion? i look for these things because i find them intellectually stimulating. they are fun.

Jesus is knocking at your door and you can feel Him it probably scares you,

you can't really knock at my door, there's a gate in the way, you have to ring the bell.

i feel nothing of jesus knocking at my door, the only thing i feel right now is a bit thirsty

but He will not harm you my friend.

this is completely off topic and in quite bad taste. this isn't a thread for proslytizing, it's a thread for theological discussion.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Let's stay on topic. It's been answered already, yes homosexuals can be forgiven.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 03:24 AM
link   
It is apparent that the forgiveness message was not understood from the beginning of the thread. One that wishes for forgiveness must first learn to forgive.

The question arises then forgiven for what? Whose eye are we attempting to remove the speck from?

Remember...the rod by which we measure others, is the rod by which we will be measured.

Ones persuit of what is right and wrong does not arrive from a polling of a community.

If you believe in the word of God, then believe. If you believe whatever you want then do so....

For it is written:

Let him who does wrong, continue to do wrong; Let him who is vile, continue to be vile; Let him who does right continue to do right; and let him who is Holy, continue to be Holy "

Peace

[edit on 30-8-2007 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Sep, 3 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   
is being homosexual in the 10 commandments? IT wasn't so important then? My issue with Christianity is that it says that some things are good, other things arent and that some things are never, but it's up to who's interepreting. Makes me want to
people with the same imaginary gavel they seem to be quick to weild. For goodness sakes these same people will tell you killing is fine if it's in war or if your life depends on it.

I feel like you praise God/Allah/The creator however you do, no matter what gender you are attracted to. If God has an issue with it, let HIM speak to you (seeing as he is all knowing and omnipresent, shouldn't be an issue to get the answer personally right?) I'm tired of being told how the Bible is Gods word by people who don't understand the concept of how the Bible's been taken apart and put together . Is the NIV the same as the King James version, Just asking b/c even those translations vastly differ.

I hear a whole lot of what POEPLE have to say about "God's Word" but not about what God has said or spoken himself. It's always up to interpretation right? IT's just not right b/c c'mon people are people. How is it right for a convicted killer to find God and be right, but somebody who is homosexual to be wrong?

I feel like God will let me know the answers to all these things when it's time, weather I'm alive on this planet in this form or not.

I've never understood the homosexual issue. Ok I understand the marry and reproduce, but what does that have to do with sexual orientation? People quickly reference that ignorantly. I think that code is outdated . seems to me poeople have been doing the reproducing, leaving marriage to the wayside. At least in america anyway. So many divorces and marriages for the sake of are giving a bad name to the union of man and woman. What's even worse is there's laws saying you can't marry somebody of the same gender. Why exactly is that ? By the same logic, isn't marriage forever, but how many divorces happen? And people are divided on that issue as well.

People chose their religious affiliation, so it's not CORRECT in my eyes to exclude based on sexual preference and not belief in the religion itself. It's very ignorant, especially the references people use. I used to hear about sodom and Gamorrah being destroyed b/c of homosexuality. That's just stimply not true. I've been told that so many times in my life it's not even funny. There was alot of other bad stuff going on there besides whatever sexual practices were going, but how many times does that get referenced? Not many. I've spent too many days with "Christian" folk who seem to be worse at living with the Law of God than a lot of people I've met who don't ally with a religion.

Whatver to each his own...

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
My take on this whole topic is pretty simple actually. Does Being a Christian mean you believe homosexuality is a sin yes it does, as it is a relationship that is by its nature incapable of producing fruit. That being said is it forgivable yes it is. According to the teachings every sin is forgivable except for blaspheming the Holy Spirit. Also i think one of many things people tend to overlook is that when it came to sins of a sexual nature Jesus treaated those guilty of it with far more compassion and grace then he ever treated those whom he considered corrupt and thieving and in general unforgiving.

On a personal note i dont really care what someone else does in thier own bedroom, not my buisness i have a hard enough time keeping track of my own sins let alone anyone else's. it isnt up to us to judge what is in a persons heart or how they relate to GOD because you just dont know what it is.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
homosexuals cant be forgiven
but that goes too for a lot of other sins we do with girls or without girls.
no actualy it can be forgiven i think god sayd all can be forgiven?

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Jesus died for the whole of sin. All can be forgiven.

Now, men deriving sexual pleasure from eachother is an abomination to God.

God burnt up Sodom and Gomorrah because they were centers of bacchanalia. Passages describe men who lay with men as men lay with women, and how God abhors such activity.

All can be forgiven though. Except denying God to the grave.

[edit on 5-9-2007 by depth om]

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Jesus died for the whole of sin. All can be forgiven.

Now, men deriving sexual pleasure from eachother is an abomination to God.

according to some bronze age bigots, yes.

God burnt up Sodom and Gomorrah because they were centers of bacchanalia. Passages describe men who lay with men as men lay with women, and how God abhors such activity.

i'll have to disagree with you until we find the charred remains of sodom and gomorrah... then we'd have to verify exactly who did the charring.

and the passages you're citing aren't a reference to how god hates homosexuality, it's a reference to how bronze age men thought and then they used god as divine justification for their bigotry.

All can be forgiven though. Except denying God to the grave.

then heaven ain't that great of a place, it lacks lennon and einstein.

posted on Sep, 7 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Do whatever you want to.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jovi1
My take on this whole topic is pretty simple actually. Does Being a Christian mean you believe homosexuality is a sin yes it does, as it is a relationship that is by its nature incapable of producing fruit. That being said is it forgivable yes it is. According to the teachings every sin is forgivable except for blaspheming the Holy Spirit. Also i think one of many things people tend to overlook is that when it came to sins of a sexual nature Jesus treaated those guilty of it with far more compassion and grace then he ever treated those whom he considered corrupt and thieving and in general unforgiving.

On a personal note i dont really care what someone else does in thier own bedroom, not my buisness i have a hard enough time keeping track of my own sins let alone anyone else's. it isnt up to us to judge what is in a persons heart or how they relate to GOD because you just dont know what it is.

My friend, I just couldn't cut any part of your quote, because it's entirety sums up all that a Christian is SUPPOSED to be. This was the 'condition of the heart' that Jesus wanted us to strive for. This is the 'AGAPE' kind of love. The love that forgives, that casts hate out of doors, that does no harm and finds no fault.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jovi1

My friend, I just couldn't cut any part of your quote, because it's entirety sums up all that a Christian is SUPPOSED to be. This was the 'condition of the heart' that Jesus wanted us to strive for. This is the 'AGAPE' kind of love. The love that forgives, that casts hate out of doors, that does no harm and finds no fault.

Forgive double post. page freeze!

[edit on 9/12/2007 by janasstar]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   
i am not a believer or gay
but i will say how i feel about this.....
is religion not all about peace, love and doing RIGHT..
how can hating a person because of their life or religion be right.
what is so wrong about two people making each other happy
we have different religions killing each other because they believe in a different god or pray in a different way, how messed up is that ^^

people actually hate other people because that person thinks the other is a sinner, right back at you
(if that makes sense to anybody)

too many people change the bible for their own reasons
if adam and eve where brother and sister, how did the population begin
and please, nobody say "the rules were changed after the population kicked off".
live and let live and be happy
times change, as they did for adam and eve
keep the peace

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by spliffy
i am not a believer or gay
but i will say how i feel about this.....
is religion not all about peace, love and doing RIGHT..
how can hating a person because of their life or religion be right.
what is so wrong about two people making each other happy
we have different religions killing each other because they believe in a different god or pray in a different way, how messed up is that ^^

people actually hate other people because that person thinks the other is a sinner, right back at you
(if that makes sense to anybody)

too many people change the bible for their own reasons
if adam and eve where brother and sister, how did the population begin
and please, nobody say "the rules were changed after the population kicked off".
live and let live and be happy
times change, as they did for adam and eve
keep the peace

Adam and Eve were not brother and sister, they were companions.

Homosexuality is not of sound reasoning. That does not matter in this day and age. All manner of strange and disturbing behavior will be viewed as normal. It will get worse. For most people though, it is a time to look forward to.

Everyone, remember, when you are plump and ripe with desire and satisfaction, you fall from the tree.

The harvest always comes.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Homosexuality is not of sound reasoning. That does not matter in this day and age. All manner of strange and disturbing behavior will be viewed as normal.
The harvest always comes.

Well said
Indeed the harvest comes..regardless.

You know..there are people that go to work every day who are good upstanding Americans who build nuclear devices. They go home to their family and think they have done a good days work.

This is acceptable behavior but in reality it can produce outrageous attrocities...The things they perfect can kill millions within seconds. Yet all in a days work. Do you think Christ would build a nuclear weapon?

Its not written in the Bible, but we know what is right here.

There are people that go to work every day, who think of new and creative ways to kill people by making advanced weaponry thinking they are promoting freedom and democracy. They dont see the Men women and children that are blown apart. They dont see the blood and the tears...the cries, the screams. Do you think Christ would be a weapons designer?

Again..its not written in the Bible, but we know what is right here.

This is acceptable behavior and employment yet if we were to stop and talk to some of the nameless people that our devices might kill, perhaps we might learn their plight.

We look at a man like Stephan King, who writes Horrific stories about unspeakable things..and if we knew him in real life and all he did was talk about these things, we would think he was a nutcase..but because hes published, well..hes accepted.

Yes..its all about the trend. But if one backs off a minute and looks human to human, things have a way of showing us the truth.

Homosexuality is your choice. Not mine, nor anyone elses to point out. Your love is your love. Ultimately Christ said love one another, and we all know that Loving one another does not mean sex. But somehow, the trend in a lust craving world, we all seem to get hung up on the sex.

Your behavior is between you and God. I cannot measure lest I be measured. Therefore, listen within, and follow your heart. Is it Lust? Love?
After all, men can love men and women can love women, but no sex has to transpire....

What is the natural function of ones body?

Homosexuality doenst always mean people are having sex. There are many homosexual partners that dont.

Christ himself hung out with men all the time whom he loved...yet was not a homosexual.

When a person categorizes themselves as homosexual..does that mean they LOVE same sex, or are merely only turned on by same sex?

It seems funny to me that we have a term noting sexual orientation yet we have no term for love of all.

If one questions the act, and they truly Love the Lord and were in question, then I would refrain. After all, we should love the Lord God with all our hearts first, and Love one another.

If in doubt..sacrifice. Love everyone...forget the sex.

Does one have the discipline? or is the urge greater then ones ability to resist?

The Answer is written on ones own heart..not through the polling of a forum.

Peace

[edit on 19-9-2007 by HIFIGUY]

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join