It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird feeling........

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Hi i'm new here, and well this seems like a really good place to explain something i want to find an answer for.(this was about seven or eight months ago)Okay so before I got out from school on christmas break I getting ready to leave the school.After I got everything from my locker i headed over to my friends locker to say goodbye to him and wish him a merry christmas.I said bye to him and I gave him a pat on the head(something i usually do to him)and then out of nowhere i got this really weird jolt like feeling(like an electrical shock almost) going up my arm,it actually was so sudden and odd i froze for a couple seconds.I don't know if he felt it to either.So after the shock i quickly left and while i was walking out the building the feeling spread to the whole side of my body making it kinda numb and then after a minute was gone.I just want to know what this may have been can someone give me a possible explanation?

[edit on 18-8-2007 by Illius]

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Have you only had it this one time ? Electric jolts/shocky feelings is a call for your gp preferably see a Neurologist to be safe ..as it could very well be medical & so many different diseases or illness / syndromes can cause this.

I had "the shock" a few years back ..only one day,one time..a one-off,i was worried for a few weeks (it kept me busy in my mind..i could not forget it) though i was fine..not too long ago i went to the doc for feeling "depressive"
..after some test i found out i suffer from a type of epileptic syndrome..not serious at all ..but i was asked the shock/jolt question and the feelings afterwards ..

Since being on medication i have had it again.i went back to the doc same day and he explained it will happen..but since then i myself have being feeling better even though i thought i was fine..

I don't think we as humans know how it REALLY feels like to be 100% fit & healthy and lots of times a pain calls for the gp.

If your doc finds you to be fine and you get this feeling again then seek help from a spiritualist ..hey anyway do that ..but seek from someone you know you can trust or you feel safe with...plus your doctor.

Good Luck & don't worry

*Since you posted this in the Paranormal Side..i take you are thinking that it could have been from the paranormal side ..yes it can be ,please i am not telling you it is not but asking you to see you gp for your health..all weird stuff can and will happen but seek a scientific explanation and if no help there look into the paranormal..

Elemental blessings from certain deity's are one paranormal theory but you need to study up on that and it also involves you belonging to a group afaik.

But just giving the above eg as to say there are theories on the paranormal side and i know there are people here who will shed light on various theories that can involve where you chose to start your thread.*

Cheers ,be checking in to read up and learn as well.

[edit on 8/18/2007 by qonone]

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   
.....Oh god hope it's not something like that

link   
It's only happened once as far as i know..but it just freaked me out and i was curious to what it may have been.Many thanks for the advice.I'll try to read up on some of that stuff to

link   
But really thank you for the advice
!!!!!!!!!!off to google!

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I'm checking back ,don't even worry if you go see your GP ,this is very common among people ,some get it on a daily basis and these shocks turns to convulsions/seizures that are serious ..you know swallow the tongue fit ..seeing you have only had it once it tells me it is minor and looking at your age it is very common.

The difference is to what these seizures or shocks leaves in afterwards,some have short/temp memory loss to a really eerie feeling but as long as you know & stayed conscious (and state) during to after the shock you are in a safe state as you never fell down and swallowed your tongue and remember it,still need to see the doc though!

And if it is a ghosty or beasty there are people on ATS who know the inns & outs..i have read so many people who's advice to others were amazing but there you"ll need to judge who's advice to follow when it comes to the paranormal if you see it as a attack or eye opener to the spiritual or "unknown" side.I also think that is why no one replied as to they would rather have you sort out the scientific medical side to make sure what thaey are up against.

Btw* In my belief we see any psychological medical issue as an attack from demons ,demonic attacks is known in a lot of medical conditions be it feeling unwell to being schizo ..but then God made men who made drugs to cure so take the medication and if the drugs don't work He gave us spiritual "talented" people to give advice ..for free ,it's human to help the other for our own sake..as soon as someone asks for money to pray or do a spiritual healing they are frauds unless there were costs involved that you aware of.

Cheers & hope all is great

[edit on 8/19/2007 by qonone]

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
It first sounds like electro statis discharge...AKA static electricity. But as you talk further about the feeling in your body & how it sort of froze you, you really may want to see a doctor, preferably a neurosurgeon.

You touched his hair you say...well, the hair is a very positive energy force for static electricity. I used to suffer from epilepsy. Still do maybe, but the docs aren't too sure what causes my seizures, neither do I, but it seems to be photosensitive epilepsy(The kind where flashing lights trigger the seizures), as I've only gotten the seizures while watching T.V. But photosensitive epilepsy can be so specific(as in, only a specific pattern of flashes & colours may trigger off the individuals' seizures), that some people may only have an attack once in their life, because the conditions for it are so specific.

Some people may not know they have epilepsy, until they get shocked, or get hit in the head or something of the sort, that sometimes acts as a "key", so to speak, unlocking your condition, for lack of better words. You should go check that out, because it can be more serious than what you think. Do you ever have like staring stupors? Like someone's talking to you & your mind & eyes seem to wander off into another direction, but you're not thinking of anything...& you usually can't remember that particular part of the convo when that happens? If so, you really may have some form of epilepsy.

Take into consideration, it may not necessarily be epilepsy...there are countless neurological disorders that appear as epilepsy, but are not. It may not be of any harm even. But, it's better to get that checked out by a neurologist to be certain. Hope it turns out well.

[edit on 19-8-2007 by sdrawkcab]

top topics

join