It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Define God

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81

When you say that, are you referring to the typical Christian perception of God and that HE doesn't exist? Do you look at what other possibilities God could be? I'm not trying to offend you, however you seem so quick to dispute.

All gods. I'm an atheist. Why am I disputing? You asked for my definition of god, and I gave it. God is a fairy tale in any language and in any religion. The universe and our own existence are wonderful enough without having to add some invisible extra thing on top of it. I don't need to be comforted with a belief in an afterlife, my ethics don't come from fear of being watched and punished after death for wrongdoing, and I am perfectly happy to accept evolution as the reason we exist.

For the record, I'm nearly 43 and most of my life was spent seeking god in many different belief systems, so I'm hardly uneducated on the subject of various aspects of god from the Christian to the animist. Just a word of caution for the future: it's best not to make assumptions about people and why they answer the way they do when asked a question.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I get it...

Time for a metaphysical quiz.

Firstly, let me say that I am Agnostic and am NOT trying to disprove Christianity or Atheism, just looking for more feedback.

There seems to be so much debate on whether or not God exists. I would love to hear what your definitions of God are or how YOU perceive Him.

Is He a supernatural being who watches over us all?

No.

But there are communities of basically spiritual people or "angels" on the Other Side who have often taken upon that role with many people.

Others in the Spirit, above and below in vibration, have also done this with various degrees of influence - as with the angels.

Is He in everything and therefore IS everything?

Yes and no.

Traditional ministers, priests, rabbis, etc., have occasionally remarked that "a piece of God is in all of us." There is more to this point than most are aware of.

Dr. Melvin Morse is a pediatrician and author who is well-known for his research into the near-death experiences of children. He said a beautiful woman once suggested that he try praying, so he gave it a try. He knelt down and prayed for understanding about the relationship of man to God.

The answer came back to him in a flash of insight: the word fractal.

A fractal is a mathematical concept as well as a blueprint of something which is part of a greater whole but which contains the representation of that greater whole.

Like a holographic picture, if you break off a piece of it, that piece still contains within it the larger picture.

This leads to the understanding that souls are fractals of light of The First God or The Original Creator and are what is left of the rarefied (but not infinite) God who orchestrated The Big Bang with The Light.

The Kingdom of God is smaller than a mustard seed, so does this have to do with quantum physics and we create God through what we believe?

We do not create God from what we believe. What we believe is influenced by what happens to us. The journey toward higher consciousness and greater awareness is an internal one, not an external one.

Is He an omnipotent concious being or reality as we know it?

Although it may appear that way, no soul can evolve into omnipotence.

All spiritual development is a matter of degree.

Most scientists now agree that the Universe is not endless, just extremely large. This points to The Original Creator not being infinite, just extremely advanced in God Consciousness.

Was Jesus God?

The whole Jesus/Issa drama, as it unfolded through and around Jesus, his disciples, Paul of Tarsus, and other key Christian theologians, was orchestrated mainly by a large discarnate community of angels. This large Group Entity, consisting of millions of angels, granted Jesus his Gifts of the Spirit which were more powerful than any other prophet then or since. Before his birth and in the Mid Realms of Spirit, they elected the soul of Jesus in their discarnate community to incarnate and become a major spiritual leader in order to fulfill Old Testament messianic prophecy.

The reason why there isn't a god from any traditional religion is here now, in a youthful and beautiful body, with a Gift of Charisma, on international television and performing many powerful healings a day (e.g., creating limbs and internal organs for those in need), is because none of the "masters" of old were truly Masters; all of them were only, at best, angel prophets who channeled the energies of large Group Entities.

So, how do YOU define God?

There is no God by the archaic definition of an omnipotent and omniscient being.

But there is a Higher Power that is absolutely inescapable when in the Spirit.

Many refer to that Higher Power as The Light.

The Light preceded The Original Creator or The First God; it always existed and always will exist. The Light represents the only way that reality can manifest itself out of nothingness in linear time. Without The Light, there can be no stars, planets, souls, or even an Original Creator. The Light is the source of power behind all the miracles and Gifts of healing and telekinesis that have ever occurred or ever will occur anywhere

The choices we make in life matters deeply.

Life is a golden opportunity to live a spiritual life in a world of darkness.

Life is very important because how we have lived our life largely determines how far we can go into the light.

Source: Near Death Experience Research Conclusions

The Original Creator used The Light to a very high degree in order to manifest The Big Bang.

After doing so, the Godhead was completely and irreversibly divided up into trillions of basically spiritual entities with a Dominant Aura Color of yellow, i.e., lower echelon angels.

That is why no God is with us now.

However...

The genius of The Original Creator and The Plan is slowly reaching fruition.

The long-term strategy was to emerge into a very large Universe. One that has an abundance of humanoid civilizations at various stages of social, spiritual, and technological development.

The First God knew that eventually a small percentage of those angels would eventually evolve into stable Sainthood. With an even smaller percentage of them eventually evolving into what can be termed lesser gods.

And She/He also knew that one or more of those lesser gods, after they have left the flesh and Ascended into The Light, would seek Him/Her out.

Einsteinian physics dictates that at the speed of light time stands still. It also espouses that no material object can be made to even approach the speed of light, much less be able to exceed it.

So time travel cannot be accomplished at all through physically based technology

But...

It can be accomplished through spiritually based technology.

By adequately trained lesser gods who, when Ascended or expanded in The Light, can project back in time and open a portal or doorway between this space-time continuum and that of The Original Creator just prior to The Fall or total division into angels.

Our timeline would not be touched.

The only way that the future Ascended lesser gods could do it is to warp back astrally to a parallel timeline. There are an infinite number of parallel timelines and going back to any one of them would never change our own history, not even slightly.

Once a time portal is manifested by the future Ascended lesser gods, The Orignal Creator - at Her/His zenith of spiritual evolution - would then enter into this space-time continuum. Resulting in The First Coming.

All the religious dramas in the past and present from all the world's traditional and non-traditional religions, were and are all, at best, just dress rehearsals to THE MAIN EVENT that has been in the works for centuries.

But hey...that's just my opinion.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Oh, here the debate come again, on why, why, why?

It is simple and isn't it always. After science finds Exact Uncertainty, the only thing left is religion thus God. Without it, nonsense only ends up existing, and since the entire Universe is made with Exact Uncertainty, then what else would there be? Nonsense or religion. Thus, the only thing left to dispell the Exact Uncertainty is believing that there is some guidance afterall to the Universe, or else it be utter Nonsense. And that, does not seem to be the case, as clearly the stars shine up in the Sky every night, and the Earth revolves around the Sun, and there is only a little Chaos.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 04:35 AM
link   
To me God is the Creator of the universe and all things...

He is the Father of My Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

The same God of Abraham and Moses.

I have submitted myself to him through His son and I have been forgiven. I shall spend eternity with The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit.

Semper

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
God -- Creator of the heavens and earth. Being of power and light, who is completely infallible, and omnipresent. Is said to be just, kind, merciful, loving, fair and has a wonderful sense of humor.

So, there is my personal definition of god. Enjoy!

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   
[Here we go again!
Define God....mmm....OK!
Take your pick.
1. A turgid fictional conciousness venerated by delusional weak minded people.
2. An unseen deity of undeteminable origin.
3. A world class planet builder bearing exceptional skills. Able to work alone and create comprehensive eco systems and complex environments and all within 6 days. Applause....!!!!
4. Humankinds most elusive 'father'.
5. PHYSICS.
6. Leader of a cult of delusional followers who believe that when they die they're welcomed in his homeland - no passport required.
7. The thinking mans Public enemy No. 1.

Christians.. God loves you. Your penguins tell you so.
God save me...from your followers!

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   

So, how do YOU define God?

G ood
O rderly
D irection

and i define 'satan' as:

S ecret A gen T m AN

'Sin' is

the illusion of SKIN which causes a false perception of separation and therefore selfishness....
the only sin is selfishness and the only blasphemy the denial that we are all ONE.

Hear O Is Real
the LORD your G.O.D.
is ONE (echad = united)

that's basically it...for me, that is.

K.I.S.S.

Keep it simple, sweetheart!

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Shema, Israel! Adonai Eloheinu Adonai Echad!

God equals Infinity.

God equals reality with everything, including the very vacuum of space called the "Universe", removed. Do you picture whiteness, edgeless with no lines anywhere? So do I.

Jesus was actually Yeshua and I'm surprised the English translation didn't become "Joshua" lol. He was the son of a Carpenter and a supposed Virgin woman. Whether he was conceived in her by the Carpenter, or by God in a miracle, is not known to me and not required to be known by me as a foundation of my faith.

Jesus sits at the right hand of God. He is God's beloved, he has existed longer than the rest of us. He's existed since before the first human being. His soul was sent to Earth by God much like all of our souls are, into the flesh bodies we find ourselves in. He had a specific, major task, and so he was chosen by God, not any other soul was suitable for this task. While he was alive, he was given the power by God to tap into the Holy Spirit freely at his own will. Whatever he believed could become reality if he willed it, which was his "direct line" to the Holy Spirit, which is the very essence of God. One can imagine God's ability after looking at Jesus.

It's my opinion that Jesus and God are indeed two entities and not the same.

[edit on 8/19/2007 by runetang]

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 07:26 AM
link   
God is ONE.
God is eternal, absolute.
God has no beginning or end.
God is unique (there is nothing else like God).

I think my definition plugs all points of the generality of what God is, considering that one believes in God.

Do I get a prize?

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 07:35 AM
link   
If God was so simple and easy to define then science, i am sure, would have come up with the evidence of his existence. Since i don't need the evidence I am fine with my beliefs.

But, if God was as easy to define as what you are asking here then he wouldn't be worth following if you ask me. He would become simplified to the world as was flight. Humans would find some other thing to keep themselves occupied and we wouldn't have religion bashers and now what excitement would that bring

Defining God would be like finding the ultimate answer to all of life's questions, and then we wouldn't need to live and then we would not need to exist - and then we probably wouldn't.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join