It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ECETI, James Gilliland - Excellent and Controversial Conference

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Michael Knight said " The end result is a DVD that tells one man's story. And it's going to make me a killing" !!!!

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Michael Knight
Speaking of dismissing...I have discovered the "ignore" option here. Works like a charm:-) But I must admit I have wondered whether 'they' are actually relatives of the Monty Python mob...sort of half witty...

Is there any point in coming to ATS just to ignore those who disagree with you? We tend to deny ignorance here, not ignore the truth. Sound like you don't want to debate the issues but just promote Gilliland and his bizarre, cultish set-up.

There's not a lot more I can say about watching UFOs power up over James' sanctuary. I saw them. I have been there at two conferences, and many others have seen them.

Did you see who stuck the blu-tack on the window? I'd like to know who was responsible for it. Billy Meier will be furious! All the time and effort he put into making his Wedding Cake ufo and no one believed it, and here someone sticks blu-tack on a window and people flock to the ranch in awe!!

And no matter what others might say, it is a true story.

How do you really know what Gilliland tells you is actually true? Did you witness the military attack on the ranch chickens? Did you witness his NDE or did he just tell you he had one?

It's also true that at no time was James' paid anything for his participation and time. He never once brought up the subject of money.

If he wasn't paid for his participation in the dvd it will certainly act as an advertising device. You imply he isn't interested in generating $ yet he suggests a donation of $125 for an over-the-phone spiritual chat!

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Gilliland has an interesting blend of motifs. On the one hand he is very Greer-like in his approach, turning lights in the sky into UFOs, then to space beings (Some of them are alive.) He's less likely to rail on about the secret government, and when he does he does so with a sense of humor. For example, at one point he addresses the "ET's should land on the white house lawn" scenario and says they won't do that simply because there is no intelligent life there, and then he giggles. That's a lot more endearing than claiming a scalar weapon nearly killed you and blew up a mountain instead. He has really one-upped Greer in this approach, I think. He's much more entertaining as a speaker; he's not trying to scare the hell out of you like Greer likes to do.

On the other hand Gilliland has borrowed heavily from Meier. He uses the same 'live on an isolated ranch' approach with streams of followers who visit. But he's done Meier one better by not manufacturing fake saucers. As long as he can say a light in the sky 'powers up' he can avoid the embarrassing scenario of getting caught with a garbage can lid. Meier tried to respond to the 'hard evidence' folks by producing some, and that's what tripped him up.

Gilliland's treatment of people is, in my opinion, much more oriented to the Kum-by-ya, let's hold hands, flower-girl approach where Greer is more prone to set up the Woo-Woo laser machine to attract aliens. You can hear in the first video where people are attempting to entice a UFO/ET to come closer like they were talking to a shy dog or kitten. "C'mon! C'mon closer. It's Okay." you hear them say. Of course, the shy ET can't quite bring himself to come on over for a scratch and a pet. Perhaps if they tried puppy cookies or some kibbles they would get luckier. Everyone is just so sweet and loving. I just have this feeling that if you brought your own tent and smiled adoringly you probably would not wind up sleeping alone.

So Gilliland is really in some ways a kinder, gentler Greer, but it's still Space Brothers all the way. And I have to say Gilliland's Mothra is truly much better than Greer's. If you tend to believe lens reflections are Orb ETs come to earth you'll be right at home here. Since Ramtha's place is just up the road apiece in Yelm (another ranch) you could make a circuit: Mt. Shasta for Greer, up I-5 and East by the Columbia River to see Mothra II, then north to Yelm to commune with Ramtha himself, then bugger over to Sea-Tac to drop the rental for the ride home. Coupla weeks, and a few grand is all it takes for enlightenment. There are some nice hot springs in the area as well, and even a nude beach if you plan it right. And don't forget to pick up a few DVDs!

[edit on 8/21/2007 by schuyler]

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
There are some nice hot springs in the area as well, and even a nude beach if you plan it right. And don't forget to pick up a few DVDs!

DVDs of the nude beach, or of the blu-tac? Perhaps some DVDs of the G-Cults' UFOs flying over the nude beach? Maybe the Enlightened-Universal-Peace-Ambassador-Eldar-Alien-Beings are intra-galactic perverts?

Great post, Schuyler - you planned the ultimate journey for every sucker with too much spare time and cash to burn.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw
Schuyler - you planned the ultimate journey for every sucker with too much spare time and cash to burn.

Well, y'all come on up here to 47-40 North and I'll put you up in the Smurf House (my abode), then we'll throw a cooler of Coopers DB in back of Big Red, the monster pick'em up truck, with the tents, load up the Easy Rider Rifle Rack with a couple 12 gauges and the 30-06, then motate down Interstate 5 to the ranch. We'll pass right by Ramtha and Mt. St. Helens and slide up to the back country on 4WD diesel power. Slap on some bug spray for the skeeters and power us up some UFOs. My cuz is a Sarge in a US of A Army Stryker brigade at Fort Lewis and he says he can rustle us up some night vision binocs along with some forest Camy. Now I gotta tell ya I prefer redheads and I don't care if you see her first I got dibbs. She's mine. I figure it's a small price to pay. We even might find ourselves a Grizzly up in the Cascades. Just pray the mountain don't blow again. If we get lost the Injuns'll help us out. They're real friendly on account of my Gramma was a Cherokee and we kin prob'ly trade a couple of them brewskis for some spare ammo. I figger we can sign on as security for the Kum-by-Yaw Tour Bus Parade and keep the Sasquatches at bay so the baby saucers can land and get their rabies shots and some Advantage (That's that there new fangled flea powder stuff.) So trudge on outta that Outback desert to the Great Northwest and we'll do some venturin' in God's Country. Hoo-Rah. Semper Fi, bro!

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Why hasnt tezzajw's pic been taken off. if any moderator is reading this its gross and obviosly agianst the rules of avatars. He also seems to have nothing better to do then spout on and on about what he thinks of evidence when a few sentences would be fine get over yourself man.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Please leave the moderating to us

Get on topic and stay on topic.

The insulting, fighting etc stops. Please continue the discussion in a civil manner.

Thanks

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
and torsion yes he even talks about how the blue tack looks like a blue tack in the movie but it isnt he went out to check it himself on the car window yes he could be lying and I understand it looks like a blue tack tapped on to a window who knows. I dont think that or the obvious fake you tube videos are the point of his conference he probably isnt a great debunker and just tried to find corrabative evidence wherever he could I mean you saw the video right the man seems very trusting and nieve and bubbling with positive stories of crazy happenings that most people would be sent to the loony bin for. I guess the moral of the story is dont have a near death experience because you will come back a complete loon that gets hit in the chest by hot chicks wearing gold healing headdresses. were can I sign up. All I can say is if this crazy stuff turns out to be true we mere monkeys are in for a real shock as our realities crumble. Just think of what the guys in defense and intelligence most think of this crap its mind boggling and the thought in the back of my mind that it might be is really starting to screw with my life this abovetopsecret stuff should be outlawed.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by priloco
Just think of what the guys in defense and intelligence most think of this crap its mind boggling and the thought in the back of my mind that it might be is really starting to screw with my life this abovetopsecret stuff should be outlawed.

I'm not understanding what you mean there, priloco. You seem to have at least three sentences there in this small passage alone. You might try using more periods so that we might understand a little more clearly what you mean. You SEEM (I'm not sure) to be suggesting "this abovetopsecret stuff should be outlawed" because "[it] is really starting to screw with my [your] life."

So you want the abovetopsecret SITE banned? Or do you want us to just stop talking because it 'screws with your life?" What's the deal here?

In terms of this thread alone, well, it seems pretty benign to me. Oh, sure, we argue back and forth, but Gilliland seems to be a fairly gentle character talking about his idea of 'fairly gentle' ETs. Other than a couple of black helicopters and puported chemtrails freaking out chickens Gilliland is a lot less scary than someone like Steven Scalar Greer. This is low key stuff compared to reptilians eating babies.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Again, gotta love to see the same 2-3 figures coming to debunk.
You are very tiring. I just wished you would get off your fat behind and head out to watch the sky, just once in a while...
ETD

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
Mt. Shasta for Greer, up I-5 and East by the Columbia River to see Mothra II, then north to Yelm to commune with Ramtha himself, then bugger over to Sea-Tac to drop the rental for the ride home. Coupla weeks, and a few grand is all it takes for enlightenment. There are some nice hot springs in the area as well, and even a nude beach if you plan it right.

UFOs, etheric beings, and nude women! 3 of my favorite things!

Where do I sign up for the trip, Sky?

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by priloco
Why hasnt tezzajw's pic been taken off. if any moderator is reading this its gross and obviosly agianst the rules of avatars.

It's a metal, 25mm scale wargaming figure made by Games Workshop, called an Eversor Assassin, set in the Warhammer 40K Universe.

It's lovingly painted by my wife. While she's not a professional painter, she did a good job on it. Good, but not great.

The model costs around $15 AUD retail, but is probably scarce to find on shop shelves. You'll easily see it cheaper on eBay, sold second-hand. It's sold and marketed to children and adults of at least 13 years of age, which is by and large, the same age range as members on this forum.

I'm glad you noticed it, so thanks for the attention, despite being totally off topic, as we should be discussing Cult Gilliland.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by priloco

Hi priloco

The absence of commas and periods in your post is apparently a little difficult for some to work with.

However, I get the picture:-)

It is rather mind boggling to think some of these stories (such as the NDE that James had) might be true.

And it's also spooky to imagine that a forum like ATS might get your head spinning with all sorts of new concepts. It does that.

Someone else seemed to ask how I know Gilliland is telling the truth.

Well, what is truth?

It's only what you personally have experienced.

The rest is philosophy and opinion.

I have experienced an NDE.

That's my truth. (Crashed a bike in an enduro and fractured three vertebrae at the time - and recovered despite having paralyzed arms...and other things...for three months).

So as for getting back on topic.

Well, I think a trip in Schuyler's Big Red down the I5 to James' Ranch and a meeting with nude ETs would make a better weekend event than crashing a bike in an enduro.

But I'm going to pass on that, because it might include tezzjaw (can't spell) and that bloke from Austruckinfalia who would probably fill the back of the Ute (that's a pickup) with Fosters after he'd drunk it....

Instead, I'm going to seriously stay on topic and drift off down to San Jose to that Bay Area UFO conference this weekend where James is speaking and showing the DVD we made aboiut him.

I'm also going to ask some of these UFO researchers if they have ever personally seen a 100ft long mother ship.

If they say "yes" I'm going to have to tell them that NO Mother ship would EVER allow herself to be THAT small:-) The ones I am familiar with (wait for the hoots of derision after I post this) are big enough to hold a city the size of Los Angeles in their belly.

Now that's a MOTHER.

Or is it Mothra. (And what the heck is a Mothra?).

Having said all that, I took the "ignore" thing off the blue heelers and it's a pleasant surprise to see they really do have a sense of humor. They just like to bite ankles because that's what they were born to do.

Best way to fix a blue heeler (that's an Australian cattle dog) is to stick blue tack in its mouth. Or get them to byte a Kiwi:-)

Last word saved for and about James Gilliland: He was one of those kids who had invisible (to others) friends. Which means he has had a lifetime of being 'different.'

When he told me this during the interview for the documentary I responded by saying "But again, most adults would say 'imagination.'"

He answered: "Yes, they would say imagination. But it's my experience."

That's how I know he is telling the truth. HIS truth.

He had the experience. To him it is the truth.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phil J. Fry
Jumped to the next shining ray of hope ?

Just to clarify here, the "ray of hope" I referred to in the other thread is NOT the ETs. I was referring to the release and mass production of the Free Energy and other suppressed technologies that will enable us to end all pollution, poverty and the endless oil/fossil-fuels/natural-resource wars.

People like Gilliland and Greer have said that the ETs may intervene to prevent an all-out nuclear war or other major disaster, but they are NOT to be viewed as our "saviors". We need to SAVE OURSELVES!

Turned to the next prophet, now that it's nearly impossible to stick with the cult of greer ? We knew, you would

Who's "We"? Who all are you speaking for here....?

And no, it's not impossible to support Greer, nor Gilliland, and I will continue to do so, since they both have basically the same message and I feel they are correct. Heck, I'll even support Yahweh (or at least his summoning footage anyway
)

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Michael Knight, one of my questions might have gotten lost in all the flotsam and jetsam.

In all the hours of Gilliland's video footage you had the chance to personally review, did he have any of plain old metallic-looking spaceships, the kind these guys are demanding to see? Or is it all just Orbs and bright lights?

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 01:24 AM
link   

I'm also going to ask some of these UFO researchers if they have ever personally seen a 100ft long mother ship.

If they say "yes" I'm going to have to tell them that NO Mother ship would EVER allow herself to be THAT small:-) The ones I am familiar with (wait for the hoots of derision after I post this) are big enough to hold a city the size of Los Angeles in their belly.

Now that's a MOTHER.

Or is it Mothra. (And what the heck is a Mothra?).

Hey, Michael, you've outsized Greer with that statement! Greer's ships are only the size of football fields.

If you go to the Greer threads you'll see a photo of Greer's rod - one that he's very proud of. You may have the biggest mother but Greer is currently the holder of the largest rod

Mothra is a photo of a moth that CSETI claimed was a 'Light Being' or 'Loved One'. It belongs in the blu tac evidence box.

I'll hazard a guess and say that you have zero evidence of the city-sized mothership you claim to be familiar with.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrdDstrbr

In all the hours of Gilliland's video footage you had the chance to personally review, did he have any of plain old metallic-looking spaceships, the kind these guys are demanding to see? Or is it all just Orbs and bright lights?

The footage James took was of UFOs overhead at night, powering up.

They appear as lights - not as metallic craft.

Question: Why should we assume that UFOs are metallic?

Why does anyone think James or anyone else should be able to film a craft flying thousands of feet overhead at night and get anything but its lights?

Can anyone film the average passenger aircraft at night when its in its cruise altitude and see its shape, size and construction material?

The lights on planes do not increase and decrease in brilliance - nor do plane lights split apart and go in different directions. The UFOs in James' footage that we selected do all that and more.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Why does anyone think James or anyone else should be able to film a craft flying thousands of feet overhead at night and get anything but its lights?

That's easy to answer.

They should be able to film them, because the G-Cults make the claims that these things land in front of them, then aliens emerge and they all celebrate in exopolitical diplomatic festivities.

If the G-Cults stopped making claims that they have seen the craft on the ground, etc... then we wouldn't be bothered about asking them for the evidence, would we?

Lights in the sky show NOTHING other than lights in the sky. Big-freaking-deal!

We ask for proof and all we get is blu-tac and moths.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by torsion

I'll hazard a guess and say that you have zero evidence of the city-sized mothership you claim to be familiar with.

You're quite right. I have zero personal evidence of a mothership that size, and I should never have said I was familiar with such mothers.

In fact, the only evidence I have is pure hearsay - from a couple of guys I met while working in Western Australia.

They said they worked at a radar station and had tracked an object which was at least a mile in diameter as it came down over the desert (Pilbara region) and submerged into the Indian ocean.

Definitely not big enough to hold Los Angeles in its belly either.

I really must quit this KoolAide stuff that Schuyler put me on to.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Question: Why should we assume that UFOs are metallic?

Well, it's just that, there are plenty of photos and footage of up-close, metallic-looking spacecraft, from other witnesses around the world.... so it does seem strange that Gilliland hasn't produced any.

Why is all his footage taken at night? Doesn't he have any sightings occur during the day? Do the crafts never come in closer than thousands of feet overhead....?

new topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join