It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ECETI, James Gilliland - Excellent and Controversial Conference

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Michael Knight
Dr Ledwith (who happens to have five PhDs) has consecutive pictures of a

No, he doesn't. He bills himself as having: L.Ph., L.D., D.D., LL.D. Let's examine those, shall we? There isn't a PhD among them. Now, we can recognize a D.D. as a Doctor of Divinity. Indeed, Ledwith was ordained a Catholic priest and served as president of a Catholic seminary in Ireland, St. Patrick's, which he left rather suddenly as described here. Given his background as an academic theologian, we can certainly grant this degree as real. He was then dismissed from the priesthood, i.e.: Defrocked, in 2001.

Now, an LL.D. is a "Doctor of Laws" and is conferred as an 'honorary' degree with no need for study or marticulation. I can find no reference to L.Ph, though it may be a European degree of some sort. L.D. seems to be a variation on Doctor of Laws. He now apparently teaches at Ramtha's School of Enlightenment. He was featured in "What the Bleep do we know?" a kind of New Age quantum physics movie that purports to explain how we create our own reality. My guess is he has one legitimate doctorate, that of Divinity, and the degrees that would lead to it, e.g. B.A., but that the rest are honorary.

So essentially Ledwith was a high up official in the Catholic Church, received many awards and honors, served on important committess, and then was caught in a sex scandal in harrassing young seminarians, forced to resign, and was eventually defrocked. He bailed to America and joined the New Age movement where he now shills for Ramtha, the 30,000 year old warrior who ascended like Jesus and now speaks through J.Z.Knight.

I'm fine with giving credit where it is due, but let's not go on with the fiction that this guy has five PhDs. He has none, and a pretty poor rep to boot.

[edit on 8/20/2007 by schuyler]

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Apparently after using dozens of different types of cameras since 1960 I also have failed to grasp the fact that dandruff, raindrops, snow and dust are somehow visible to my digital camera when they are not visible to my naked eyes.

But raindrops and snow flakes are clearly visible to the naked eye! So are the dust particles if you look closely. Next time you use your digital camera look in the area directly in front of the flash - you will see any dust particles present catch the light. Any of these that are in the focal view of the lens will show up as orbs, or ghosts, or ufos, or plasmoids - whatever the photographer chooses to call them.

For outstanding results try ruffling your hair over the camera, or beating a well-used cushion before taking the pic - honestly, it really works! Better still, use an aerosol spray - one that you may use to delicately water plants with. Once you have mastered the art of generating orbs/ghosts/ufos/plasmoids, get someone to pose with a shocked look on their face or a pointing finger, squirt the aerosol, fire the flash and hey presto!

Personal experimentation really works and it's the best tool to reveal the truth!

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I've been following this thread with interest. I have watched the whole of the video and found some parts interesting and others sections down right trollop. I think both sets of posters have a argument here, there maybe something to these orbs, there maybe not, but one thing i do know there is nothing in that video to make me believe 100% that the phenomena is real. I never even used to entertain the idea of other ET'S existing, having watched certain documentaries and other clips, I changed my mind due to some of the evidence on view, sadly I've seen nothing on view on this video to make me think that this man is experiencing anything spectacular. The orbs are really old news, nobody really cares about them anymore, Ufologists are looking for more concrete evidence, definition and structure. I see nothing new in this video to change peoples opinions. I'm not discounting this man totally, But i don't forsee this man changing peoples minds.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Thanks for the corrections re the PhD references I made.

Whatever his academic qualifications, honorary or not, the man has a few.

Plus more than 100,000 pictures of orbs.

The word "shill" is factually inappropriate. Dr Ledwith does not promote or recruit for the Ramtha School of Enlightenment. Nor does he hide the fact that he has been a student there for many years.

As for the "sex scandal" - I have seen some of the web sites that promote this idea - and one has to wonder why they only appeared 'after' he split with the Catholic church. You know, the one that invented the inquisition, the assassination by innuendo, the burning of books and reputations by any means.

Would a man who has produced videos such as "Deep Deceptions" and "How Jesus Became a Christ" be at the top of such an institution's popularity list?

Hardly.

Instead, he would no doubt raise the ire of those with the inquisitorial mind-set.

Their forebears used to wear dark hoods and evil-looking faces as they went about their work of burning witches and wizards and gnostics and heathens and heretics...always in the name of 'truth' of course, knowing full well that a little truth can go a long way in disseminating a great lie...and that the Internet can be used today as a weapon of destruction.

Poison at a distance is a lethal weapon indeed - and it seems to have infected some of the posts in this thread.

Now...can we all hold hands and look up at the raindrops and orbs and visualize ETs coming to save us all:-)

[edit on 20-8-2007 by Michael Knight]

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrdDstrbr
And what did you make of this one, where he zooms in on a blue/pink Orb that is VERY obviously NOT an aircraft, that hovers, changes colors and pulsates, AND dematerializes?

So, that's conclusive proof of ET is it? If that's the best he can do, then he doesn't amount to much. Cult Gilliland needs better footage than a single light in the sky, at night, without any reference at all.

BORING!

"Look at that! I got them! They're paying me money. I got them!"

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Michael Knight

Finaly! Someone that understand what I have been trying to say for a couple of weeks now.
Thank you Michael, you are a fresh breeze to these forums.
ETD.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by paul76
UFO or VENUS? In reference to the last link. I remember seeing a video on YouTube and i was wondering do you see any similarities?
www.youtube.com...

Experienced stargazers are smart enough not to take VENUS for a UFO

So, you can stop bringing this lame argument.

[edit on 20-8-2007 by ETDisclosure]

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ETDisclosure

Originally posted by paul76
UFO or VENUS? In reference to the last link. I remember seeing a video on YouTube and i was wondering do you see any similarities?
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 20-8-2007 by ETDisclosure]

Lol your talking about lame!! That video is lame, There is nothing new in that video at all. Any Tom, Dick, or harry could replicate what Gilliland is portraying. I'm no blind Skeptic, I'm usually arguing with Skeptics!! Even I see no substance to this footage. What's been showed amounts to drivel. I can go to twenty other threads and find a lot more to offer than this video. It's just the typical orbs and lights in the sky. A couple of weeks ago there was a incident in Stratford, West midlands, England. One hundred people witnessed lights in the sky...I was 100% certain that these we're genuine UFO'S, there was footage and pictures, I ended up with egg on my face. Not everything is what it seems!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Theres the link. Sometimes you have to keep a open mind, and that applies to believers and skeptics.

[edit on 20uMonday07/27/20 by paul76]

[edit on 20uMonday07/27/20 by paul76]

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Plus more than 100,000 pictures of orbs.

'orbs?' 'Orbs?' 'ORBS??!?' You are asking us to believe that camera lens reflections and amateur photography represents what? space beings? angels? This 'orb' issue is worse than Mothra!

As for the "sex scandal" - I have seen some of the web sites that promote this idea - and one has to wonder why they only appeared 'after' he split with the Catholic church. You know, the one that invented the inquisition, the assassination by innuendo, the burning of books and reputations by any means.

The web sites may have appeared after, but he was forced to resign his position after overwhelming evidence that he was a pedophile. The Catholic Church is certainly not without blame here. They supported him for years and during that time lives were wrecked. The first priest to raise questions about his behavior was summarily fired from his scholarly post and sent to the boondocks. It destroyed his career. Now the bishops have 'apologized,' but the man's career was ruined because this guy was in a powerful position in the church heirarchy. Not to mention the lives of the young boys he preyed upon.

The man should be in jail. Anyone without his connections would have his mug shot on the Pierce County police blotter for Class Three sex offenders. The fact that he has escaped into a shelter under Ramtha's protection is a travesty of justice.

Now...can we all hold hands and look up at the raindrops and orbs and visualize ETs coming to save us all.

Raindrops and orbs. ETs coming to save us. Holding hands. Good Lord! Jesus was supposed to be back right away (according to Paul), but so far he's taken 2,000 years. ET will likely take longer. Meanwhile when I see raindrops, I think probably it is raining. And when I see orbs in a photograph, I'm certainly not going to believe ET has come to rescue us. If anyone thinks so, hey. I hear there's another comet coming, and ET has a spaceship right behind it. If you drink the Kool Aid right now, you too, can be saved.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Speaking only for myself, this also releases me from any urge to defend what I have experienced.

So, using your words, my opinion releases me from any
urge to call you a full-fledged, aiding and abetting
hoaxer.

Regards,
Lex

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

Raindrops and orbs. ETs coming to save us. Holding hands. Good Lord!

Gotcha.

[edit on 20-8-2007 by Michael Knight]

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Michael Knight:

I just want to thank you once again for your excellent, and unexpected, contributions to the thread.

I wouldn't bother getting caught up in debating photos and footage with torsion, tezzajw and schuyler (where are Fry and Kaminski I wonder? On vacation...?), as no amount of visual evidence is ever satisfactory for them. It is like you said with your "cognitive dissonance" post - you show them real evidence and all they see is "Venus", "dust", "airplanes" and "raindrops", because they simply don't want to believe that what they are seeing could really be true.

What they are missing is the fact that Mount Adams is a UFO/paranormal hot spot, sightings are happening on a daily basis there and thousands of people have gone there and seen or experienced something extraordinary. I was wondering if you could speak more on that fact?

The testimony of thousands of eyewitnesses isn't so easy to dismiss as photos and footage....

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ETDisclosure

Richard, of course experienced stargazers know Venus when they see it. Just because they know it's Venus doesn't mean they will admit to it once they've filmed it. The whole purpose of the exercise is to deceive. Film Venus and shout "Holy cow! A ufo!" onto the soundtrack- simply- P T Barnum would be proud. The undeniable evidence of deceit is there in Gilliland's photo and video gallery - rotor kites, chinese lanterns and blu-tack stuck to windows. Ignoring it won't make it go away (until Gilliland removes it like CSETI did with their fraudulent photos)

He even mimics Greer's claim that he is under military attack. Not with 'scalar' weapons but 'chemtrails'! He states that the chickens were paralysed after one such assault on his base! Someone needs to explain to the man that in order to conduct a military assault on chickens at ground level a low-flying crop duster would be required. Any aerosol dispersant released at 30,000 ft isn't going to land directly below its point of release. There are such things as air currents which carry the particles vast distances - the stuff is more likely to hit the ground in China!!

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 12:54 AM
link   

The testimony of thousands of eyewitnesses isn't so easy to dismiss as photos and footage....

Testimonials are easier to fake than photographs. Look:

"Everything he says is true, I was there and witnessed it all." P. J. Toronto.

See how easy it is? Simpler than pressing blu-tack onto glass!

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 01:26 AM
link   

where are Fry and Kaminski I wonder?

Don't panic, still here, but that one's too simple, GLP material at best.
Jumped to the next shining ray of hope ? Turned to the next prophet, now that it's nearly impossible to stick with the cult of greer ? We knew, you would

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 01:33 AM
link   

What they are missing is the fact that Mount Adams is a UFO/paranormal hot spot, sightings are happening on a daily basis there and thousands of people have gone there and seen or experienced something extraordinary. I was wondering if you could speak more on that fact?

Speaking of dismissing...I have discovered the "ignore" option here. Works like a charm:-) But I must admit I have wondered whether 'they' are actually relatives of the Monty Python mob...sort of half witty...

There's not a lot more I can say about watching UFOs power up over James' sanctuary. I saw them. I have been there at two conferences, and many others have seen them.

But the decision to make the documentary was not dependent on the UFO phenomena - although that was certainly an integral part of the story.

In sum, James' spiritual life - his Near Death Experience - his genuine desire to help humanity - and his concerns about where we are headed as a people and a planet - all played a part.

The end result is a DVD that tells one man's story. And no matter what others might say, it is a true story.

It's also true that at no time was James' paid anything for his participation and time. He never once brought up the subject of money.

It is also fair to say that it is the message - not the messenger - that James' is focused on. There are many things he and other speakers touch on in the documentary that go some way toward answering questions such as "where did we come from?" and "why are we here?"

And then there are concerns about global warming and earth changes - which really are accelerating events...and it is these that his ET contacts are concerned about.

But I don't expect them to suddenly appear and start a big clean-up on our behalf. We are the ones who have turned the oceans into a sewer (one dead zone is at least 70,000 square kilometers in size) - and our atmosphere into a gas chamber....

I think they'll wait till Mother Nature has shaken the vermin off her back...and then if there are any of us left, we'll get to see an armada of them.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 01:35 AM
link   

I wouldn't bother getting caught up in debating photos and footage with torsion, tezzajw and schuyler (where are Fry and Kaminski I wonder? On vacation...?), as no amount of visual evidence is ever satisfactory for them.

Visual Evidence:
Footage of moths? Footage of raindrops? Footage of dust particles?Footage of blu-tac stuck to a window? Footage of... wait for it... a light, at night???

Where, in any single one of those pictures or videos is there a clear picture of an undeinable UFO of ET origin????? Why, despite their claims, can't we see any CLEAR pictures of 100 foot motherships?????

The G-Cults (Greer and Gilliland) are nasty and deceptive. 'G' obviously must stand for 'Gullible'.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw

And what did you make of this one, where he zooms in on a blue/pink Orb that is VERY obviously NOT an aircraft, that hovers, changes colors and pulsates, AND dematerializes?

So, that's conclusive proof of ET is it? If that's the best he can do, then he doesn't amount to much. Cult Gilliland needs better footage than a single light in the sky, at night, without any reference at all.

There are at least FIVE videos available on Google Vid, did you even bother to watch them tezzajw? Did you even bother to review ALL the material I linked to, or just check out one or two things and start jumping to conclusions like torsion and others did?

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by torsion

Testimonials are easier to fake than photographs. Look:

"Everything he says is true, I was there and witnessed it all." P. J. Toronto.

See how easy it is? Simpler than pressing blu-tack onto glass!

Testimony from several attendees can be viewed in this conference video.

And BTW, one of them happens to be Dr. Brooks Agnew!

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw
Where, in any single one of those pictures or videos is there a clear picture of an undeinable UFO of ET origin????? Why, despite their claims, can't we see any CLEAR pictures of 100 foot motherships?????

That is actually a good question (for once).

There will always be those for whom overwhelming evidence of Orbs and anomalous lights in the sky powering up, bi-locating/merging and dematerializing is not enough....

Michael Knight, out of all the hours of footage you reviewed, was there any footage of metallic spacecraft?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join