It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's AUGUST 18th!!! What Now!?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Ok, so as many of you know from past threads this week, earthfiles predicts that the latest crop circles predict an event for today, the 18th of august.. Well, thats today! check out the site:
earthfiles

SO, lets start recording what happens today! The last crop circle predicted an earthquake right? so I'm thinking the crop circles are going to represent natural earth phenomena.

ok lets get started...

So far rain in china traps 181 miners! if they new of the crop circles, im sure they would relate this even to them.

Floodwaters from heavy rains poured into two coal mines in a town in eastern China, leaving 181 miners trapped and feared dead, government officials and state media said Saturday.
There was no word on whether there was any sign of life in the mines or when rescuers might enter them. Two high-speed pumps reportedly were being rushed in to drain the flooded shafts.
CNN source

Ok, so thats one possibilty right? well we also have flood in North Korea, check it out:

SEOUL, South Korea (AP) -- North and South Korea agreed Saturday to postpone the second-ever summit between leaders on the divided peninsula to early October due to recent floods that devastated the impoverished communist North.
CNN source

Ok so two events so far today, all caused by natural causes.

BUT ITS STILL EARLY!!! perhaps we are waiting for something bigger! so it's YOUR job to keep this thread posted on the new events that take place today.. they dont have to be natural causes, that was just my guess...
doesnt the space shoutle come back today? maybe they are gonna bring a visitor along with them! that would be cool. who said the event has to be bad too? maybe its an event that will change the world forever for bad or good...

Ok lets get this prophecy busted!

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   
once again, mankind has covertly triumphed over an extra-terrestrial threat.

high fives all around

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   
There was a motorway smash up in the UK killing two people. Names not available at this time.

Bill Jones, an Indiana corn farmer, died of an apparent heart attack at his breakfast table.

A Mississippi woman, name withheld pending funeral arrangements, died during childbirth in the predawn hours.

Little Tommy Slovac of Hackensack, could not find his fifth grade homework this morning and mean Mrs. Pritchert will never accept that as an excuse.

Tewanna Kelly of Kansas City, Kansas was fired this morning for being late to work at the Dunkin' Donuts, even though it was due to her car not starting.

Life is just one disaster after another. Everyday the world ends for someone, and it starts for someone else. Doomsday comes every morning to some part of the world.

There are no particular dates, just all the dates. The trick is to make the very best of those that do not bring it to you and yours. So go out and hug a child. Bring some flowers to the nursing home you pass on the way to work. Give an extra large tip to that overwrought waitress at lunch.

Show the world, and yourself, that you care, because today is the end of the world.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Maybe this?!

www.cnn.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   
HOLY #.. check this out

www.sec.noaa.gov...

the solar activity has been spiking and is continuing to do so.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I must say here, give me a break. Crop circles don't predict anything.

Tragedies of all magnitudes happen on the earth every single day! There are over 6 billion people here, and something bad is bound to happen to some of them. Just because there was a crop circle made by college pranksters out on a midnight drunken lark doesn't mean that it's linked to any events that are going to happen today.

C'mon, it's like saying that Vitale da Bologna caused the Black Death.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
I must say here, give me a break. Crop circles don't predict anything.

Tragedies of all magnitudes happen on the earth every single day! There are over 6 billion people here, and something bad is bound to happen to some of them. Just because there was a crop circle made by college pranksters out on a midnight drunken lark doesn't mean that it's linked to any events that are going to happen today.

Well, i do agree with you for the most part... but I dont think crop circles are made by college pranksters... There is just too much evidence to support otherwise. remember, deny ignorance.

But who knows!? i surley dont know for sure... so lets see what happens. still more of today to go!

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
There was a motorway smash up in the UK killing two people. Names not available at this time.

Bill Jones, an Indiana corn farmer, died of an apparent heart attack at his breakfast table.

A Mississippi woman, name withheld pending funeral arrangements, died during childbirth in the predawn hours.

Little Tommy Slovac of Hackensack, could not find his fifth grade homework this morning and mean Mrs. Pritchert will never accept that as an excuse.

Tewanna Kelly of Kansas City, Kansas was fired this morning for being late to work at the Dunkin' Donuts, even though it was due to her car not starting.

That was great! keep em coming!

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   
What evidence? Not being snarky, I have only ever seen evidence that it was done by people, complete with video demonstrations. I have never seen a lick of actual verifiable and scientific standard evidence to suggest otherwise.

[edit to add: Why don't we run a thread on things that happen every day? Then maybe people will see that tragedy is a daily occurrence around the world and that prophecy is nothing but guessing. Not even guessing, really, as we KNOW there is going to be tragedy in the world daily. Predicting that the sun will come up tomorrow isn't a prediction, and neither is a prediction that a vague tragedy will happen on the planet. Believing crop circles predict anything is a delusion.]

[edit on 18-8-2007 by MajorMalfunction]

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorMalfunction

I agree with you, which was the meaning in the post that I made here earlier. Doomsday is relevant. You may be diagnosed with some major illness on the same day that I win the lottery.

And while I also agree that crop circles predicting the future is not very high on my believability meter, I don't think they are being made by drunks either. I haven't found a drunk person yet, myself included, that could do that kind of precise work under the influence.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   
OK, perhaps I used the word drunk a little facetiously. I meant drunk with silliness.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   
i dont really see the point, i mean those things happen everyday. I mean we had a huge tsunami years ago and a huge flood in new orleans as well, etc. If anything im waiting for something that will seperate this day from all the rest, something that will make it unique. I dont think these small things have anything to do with it, anwyay, only time will tell.

[edit on 18-8-2007 by luis9343]

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
www.sec.noaa.gov...

THIS IS BIG STUFF HERE!

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Sager, that is part of the solar cycle. It's not unexpected and it's not something having to do with the crop circle. The sun flares regularly. Without going to do the research because I'm about to take a nap while my kids are with their dad, I think the solar cycle goes every 11 years or so (someone feel free to correct me if my time is off).

All this proves is that whoever made the crop circle (and that would be humans), if they WERE "predicting" something to happen today, could have been well aware of the solar cycle and extrapolated a day of high activity and that's where the "prediction" came from.

It's a magic trick, sleight of hand, illusion. Not someone really predicting the future.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

That makes perfect sense to me!!
Its true, for some its the end, for others it only starting. If you take a step back you will see, that every day something really bad happens to people, good things happen to people. This world is so big, any prediction is like saying, Your going to get a paycheck on friday. Some people get paided friday, others on tuesday. Somewhere down the line things are going to happen!! Its what makes the world go around. And for the most part all I see is doom and gloom, and people almost wishing bad things to happen..
I know for a fact when I listen to Bills interveiw, he talks about some people that wish for the bad. Yet here at ATS we try to remain open minded while the whole time wishing with all our hearts that what we say is totally wrong and nothing bad will happen..
So lets try to just stay postive and say hey, things that are bad will happen, yet there are many good things to come out of today..

Whats so wrong with finding the good things that happen on the 18th. Today! Its a good day for me, and I will remain in a good mood, and not going to get overly parinoid that its all going to end..
Yes for some its the end, but for others they are just being born..

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
You all make Fantastic points.

I agree with all of you that good things and bad things happen every day.
The events i mentioned earlier (to me at least) would not credify the crop circle predictions. and I kind of used those examples to make a point. This cant be what the circles meant.

I think if a warning was giving to the people of earth, it would have more significance than 200 people. It would probably be in the thousands if not more.

But that still doesnt mean that the prediction is false. Lets see what happens today. I want people's thoughts on what the prediction could mean. I spent the last week reading a few threads on this matter where people genualy think something is going to happen. I want to hear from them as well and see what they think different events are being interprated as.

[on anoter note. earthfiles gives evidence of flashes of light, lasting approx 90 seconds as being the cause of these crop circles. While Im sure humans could make some crop circle hoaxes, which would still take a countless number of hours, I think the more elaborite, geometrically precise crop patterns are a bit of a stretch to credit human beings with. I have to go to work soon, so im not going to look it up, but im pretty sure if you do some research that spuratic energy levels can be found in these more elaborate circles...
but i am interested in seeing the video of the people making the circle. i want to know how long it took them to form it and how geometrically accurate there circle was. how many people did it take.. etc... while how crop circles are made is not the subject of this thread, i am still curious.]

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Well I thought I'd just check the global consciousness meter and it was blue.
Just changed to Red. thats odd.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction

You must remember that this prediction was made not by the circle's creator, but by a woman interpreting the circle. I could make a few distinct and very different predictions based on that particular formation and it's intricacies (Mayan number 6 + 13 swirlies + Cyclops that's neither smiling nor frowning = lots of fun). However, I believe that the final and "correct" meaning of the circle will be determined a few months from now when it is taken in context with all of the other circles that have appeared this year.

college pranksters out on a midnight drunken lark

And another thing, of all of the crop circle explanations I've heard, drunken college students is the least plausable. I'd sooner believe something involving thetans and Xenu.
In college (and for some people, for the rest of their lives), there is only one thing you want to do when you're drunk, and that's play with someone else's reproductive organs. You get me a beer and a birth canal and I'm a happy camper, and that's just the way it is. If someone ever mentioned going into a field and hoaxing alien activity while I was drunk I would punch them square in the throat and ask them why they had to go and make me dent their trachea.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
There's already a thread going on about this subject over here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Some of you should be very ashamed. The way you've made light and saracasm out of very specific peoples suffering is absolutely stunning.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join