It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada's Big Box pot factory!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
What is really interesting in this story is that this property where the grow operation was found is owned by a wealthy and well known individual that also happens to own other properties where smaller grow operations were found.

Seems like the wealthy are looking to pot to help improve the bottom line here.

This happens all the time. The rich often look at it as a thrill, criminal excitement. Usually it doesn't even have to do with greed. They are just so bored with life and their office jobs that they need some extra curricular activity. The extra wealth generated is just like a power trip and the anxiety of keeping the operation a secret is interesting.

I read an excellent book about this over the weekend by an author named Carl T. Smith called Lowcountry Boil

Because of their affluence, many important members of society turn the other cheek and secretely wish they were in on it. Going to the cops is usually not considered since most of them are bought anyway. At least thats what happened in the book.

Police who got greedy or wanted a larger piece of the pie were probably the reason for this bust. That's my guess.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by REASON
and start exporting pot like crazy to the US.

Jean Cartien (spelling?) is the next Pablo Escobar
Canada is the next Columbia!

Man how many times do I have to go through this. There is a border clamp down in progress. Next to no pot is being imported. You don't need to import when your own country produces the largest amount of cannabis in the world on its own. Canada is experiencing a glut in good weed. Marketing it to the states is not taking place right now, at least not nearly as much as it did pre-2002.

Columbia produces coke while Canada is famous for hydro weed. There is hardly a comparison there.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by insite

and start exporting pot like crazy to the US.

Jean Cartien (spelling?) is the next Pablo Escobar
Canada is the next Columbia!

Man how many times do I have to go through this. There is a border clamp down in progress. Next to no pot is being imported. You don't need to import when your own country produces the largest amount of cannabis in the world on its own. Canada is experiencing a glut in good weed. Marketing it to the states is not taking place right now, at least not nearly as much as it did pre-2002.

Columbia produces coke while Canada is famous for hydro weed. There is hardly a comparison there.

lol!!!!!
Geez.....your no fun. more or less joking around here!
ok!

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   

lol!!!!!
Geez.....your no fun. more or less joking around here!
ok!

Hey, us potheads take our weed facts seriously.

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Yeah, sorry REASON. I didn't know you were joking. As soon as you liken weed to coc aine I get offended for some reason. Probably because the misinformation and propaganda thats prevalent these days is doing serious damage to society. I just don't think that's a joke, and once you've been affected by the governments war on drugs you won't either.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taxman

Originally posted by baked

Ok this is how...

Over tax it (tobacco) so it becomes unaffordable.

I believe people should be informed of the dangers and let to decide for them selves. Who are you to tell people they can't do something because you don't agree with it. Can't people make these choices for them selves?
As long as it's not in your face, it's not your problem. What will you do with the tax money?
Do the smokers get to decide since they are infact, the ones paying this tax?

Your theory to end beer was tryed in the 20's if you havent heard. More people were drunk then anytime else in the US ever.

My theory? What theory?
Would it not be easier to grow a plant than brew beer?
How do you figure that more people were drunk then, than they are now? Where are your numbers or is this your own opinion?
That was a Depression era and noone had money which is why they went to Marijuana.
The drug was not common in this country untill the 20's.

Saying that pot makes it hurt less is stupid. ITS KILLING YOURSELF by the same way pot does. It isnt the problem of it kills you, its the problem of people getting high, with judgement impared, hurting someone or worse.

Im begining to wonder if you are high on crack, because this sentence makes no sence what so ever.
I'll try to translate it anyway.
Sitting in rushhour traffic, you inhale plenty hydrocarbons, shall we outlaw cars? After all they Kill You. Human kind lived with out electricty for thousands of years and since we have had it it has killed more people than pot. Should we outlaw electricity. Water is just as natural as pot. Water is also responsible for more deaths than pot. Should we criminaliZe it?
McDonnalds Makes you fat which makes you have heartattacks and strokes and #. Should we outlaw McDonnalds?

You are so quick to make a law against this and against that. Why? Why make laws to tell people whats right for them? Are you so smart you know whats best for everyone else?

I never said anything against medical, sanctioned pot (and sorry that I wasnt clear on that), I'd rather it as a last choice, however its ok by me as long as its controled. And In most states in the US, medical pot is allowed and I think in most countries too.

Becides, drug money supports crime (ie murder, narcotics, vandelism, terrorism, ect). And those who say it doesnt support terror, AL Queda's biggest money maker is heorin and pot.

Where are your facts dude? A superbowl commercial? It's just the anti-marijuana lobby propaganda.

Let's see...
What else supports crime then???
Some movies incite crime, shall we ban them all because of what some cause?
Some music incites crime, shall we ban them all because of what some cause?
Jealousy causes crime, shall we ban love because of jealousy leading to crime?
Sex leads to crimes like rape, shall we make sex illegal?
And most of all, MONEY causes crime, shall we outlaw it?

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Well I was wrong on where medical pot is allowed. Which it should be availible in all states by the government.

However pot is illegal for the reason which I mentioned and most of those site you mentioned is inclined to push thier political point. Indeed pot can hurt and help you, it needs to be controled.

Where does it say pot is illegal because it kills you? I want to see exactly where it says that! If you read any of the threads I posted you would see that I posted other sources like the New England Journal of Medicine, and the AMA have endorsed it. Where is their agenda?

However legalization of beer and legalization of pot are different. Allowing pot to be sold legaly will cause a immedate, extreme, increase of accidents caused by getting high and will open up the flood gates.
People once they get board of pot as often many adects do quickly it will lead to experimentation of the more lethal ones. Which then the'll find some bull# (not saying all the study on pot is) study that will end up to the legalization of the next drug and so on and so fourth. I am not saying that medical pot is lethal, its about as lethal as tobacco, which should be outlawed in public because of health risks to other people (privatly would be ok).
You have nothing to back any of this up.

Theres more points you made but I cannot rember them at the time.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by McGotti
Originaly in the united states weed was first outlawed by simply requiring tax stamps and not giving them out....you can still by federal drug tax stamps today..you can also be charged with tax evasion if you do not have a drug stamp if you are caught with the specific drugs...i will look for a link for these drug stamps because they are still available...

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   
How about personal experience for validation of the pro-pot side here? I smoked pot regularly,for 24 years, and I just ended up watching a movie or playing video games or something like that. I quit very easily 2 years ago when my pre-teen son "caught" me twice in one week. Lead by example. Quitting didn't bother me at all. Cig's on the other hand is a different story.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join