It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago airshow to demonstrate the F-22's "full capabilities" (Member shot video included)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   
That was beautiful. That backflip at the end was incredible. That thing is Beast! Buhleeve it!

I feel the need, the need for speed!

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Yeah, I purposely saved the best for last.

But how about when it yawes left and than right like that?

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   
"Highway to the DANGER ZONE!"

Oh man, that was fantabulous! I'm assuming the "Yobra" was when it was circling around while losing altitude? That was just incredible. That flip at the end was truly amazing. It makes you wonder how fast it could do that in combat, let alone just doing it for an airshow.

Go Team America!

-Droops

[edit on 18-8-2007 by DrOOpieS]

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Just watched the video. WOW.
Nice job.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 11:33 PM
link   
imagine how incredible it would perform in combat... i didnt think any plane was capable of pulling those maneuvers until i saw this vid.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Pretty impressive
I will be at the Nellis show in november and hope that it will just as impressive.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 11:46 PM
link   
So... This is like 5 10 year old technology?

logically I only have to wait til 2050ish to buy one?

Awwwww snap!

I will so die the day I buy one... but it will be a fun death.

Coven Out

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Could someone explain why this jet is so fantastic? On the video, it
looks like an easy target for enemy missles, going slow and stopping
in mid-air like that.

Maybe someone can help those of us who are unable to appreciate
the strategic military benefits to hanging in the air. Looks cool though.

[edit on 19-8-2007 by carewemust]

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Agreed that was incredible controlled movments seen in no other fighter as of yet. That was absolutely stunning and the whole idea incorporation of thrust vectoring is brilliant IMO. Thanks for the Amazing vid.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 01:30 AM
link   
wow man....bravo to you for posting that..and gettin your ats reporter on lol...seriously though im not normally into planes but this thing is amazing and that backflip at the end.....wow that was something i never thought id see a pane do like that thanks for posting great stuff

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by carewemust

You are correct, these manuvers would certainly get you shot down if performed on the battelfield but I think that you are missing the point of what was actually being put on display. That fact that if was able to do that backflip without any stall and in such a small area means that this Jet has better thrust capablity than any other Fighter Jet the American Military has ever had. This Thing really only seems to be limited by its operator.
I would hate to be chased by one of these.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 02:37 AM
link   
We saw similar things on this year's Oshkosh... Indeed amazing. Shattered my conceptions of Russian fighters... I even got SAD

I feel bad that I missed this year's air show. The beast was fully loaded and able to do stuff like THAT? Holy cow!

For those who want one, go to the radioshack website and grab the RC one. It's the closest we can get for 35 bucks.
And it works pretty well too.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 03:46 AM
link   
really niec vdieo - totally stupid babyish comments by you on the site though but a great video

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Hi guys,

Awesome vid.

Question I just saw Die Hard 4.0 what´s the airplane in that movie?
I thinks it´s newer then the F22 right?
Hovering and turning like that is the BOM

Nando out!

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Nice vid

Hate to burst the bubble but I saw the Mig29 OVT perform virtually the same display last year at RIAT in England.

Thats not to say the Raptor isn't an awesome beast, because it is, but its not as far ahead as some people here seem to want to make it out to be.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by carewemust

Hehe I don't think the pilot would be showing-off like that in a live dogfight
I think the point is to show how controlled the craft is, and my god its a superior craft. Excellent vid

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by PPLwakeUP

That Jet in Die Hard 4.0 was the F-35 JSF.
Check here, here and here.

[edit on 19-8-2007 by Swordbeast]

[edit on 19-8-2007 by Swordbeast]

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Nice one blackwidow23!

Here's the MiG-29 OVT comparison vid: www.youtube.com...

I think the F-22 appears to have a bit more control than the MiG when pulling similar manoeuvres, probably due to the F-22 having more thrust, and an additional 5 degrees of movement..

That said, the 29 OVT is still only an experimental aircraft

Interesting times ahead for the fly-guys

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I have been a long time lurker on this board, but this thread finally got me to register.

I wanted to let you know how happy it makes me that people are starting to fall in love with the Raptor. I work for company that has a very vital role in putting the F-22 in the air, and believe me, it's really easy to love your job once you see this bird fly. The demo pilot, Max, is a pretty amazing guy, and is the only certified F-22 demo pilot in the world right now. The things he makes this aircraft do are pretty impressive, but what's even more amazing is the fact that any F-22 pilot could execute any of those moves. (maybe not in the tight sequence that he can, but this speaks volumes about the quality of this ship and the quality of those who fly it)

In response to the poster who asked what was so amazing about this aircraft, I thought I'd just give you a few of the main benefits. First of all, the F-22 takes advantage of "stealth" technology. There are obvious techniques at play such as the shape and the materials used, but there are also many others that will not see the light of day for many years. There are many detractors of stealth technology on here, but I don't really think a lot of these people know what they're really dealing with.

The F-22's engines, (2) F119-PW-100s, are extremely powerful, and allow the F-22 to "supercruise." This means that the Raptor can fly supersonic without even lighting the afterburners. The top speed of the F-22 is classified, but use your heads, and look at the thrust increase that 2 lit burners add to other jets, and then add that to a speed that's already over Mach 1.8

An F-22 is invisible to its enemy and can fly faster, but should all this fail, and the Raptor gets itself into a dogfight, it can also hold its own. The manuverability of this aircraft is amazing, and it can out-turn just about anything in PRODUCTION. I often hear people talk about the Su-37 / Su-47. Let me know when more than 5 of these exist. The F-22 attained IOC in 2005, and is ready to fight at any moment.

If you have any questions about this system, let me know. Please be sure to tell everyone you know about this experience you had with the aircraft. There are many detractors of this program, but I have a sneaking feeling that they've never actually seen it perform in person.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 08:00 AM
link   
WTF! I couldn't believe that backflip. I don't even know what to say. I have seen many many f-16's and training out of Selfridge in Michigan, but that footage was just awesome.

I am glad the US has them.

I wonder how many more hours it will take to train in these babies?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join