It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago airshow to demonstrate the F-22's "full capabilities" (Member shot video included)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Sorry dont have time to quote it now but here is the link:

www.chicagotribune.com...

The first ever demonstration of the futuristic fighters "full capabilites"

And guess what....I'm going to see it in person...and film it...and upload it...tonight. And I will be there tomorrow too.

User Shot Video:www.youtube.com...
Mod Edit: updated title to reference video

[edit on 8/19/07 by FredT]

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
It will be interesting to see what they mean by "full capabillities". I somehow doubt they will be displaying the Block 30's full ISR abillity, or its super cruise performance at an airshow .

Try taking some nice still pictures if you can BlackWidow, and post them up here for us dial up challenged members.

LEE.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
That's Awesome Blackwidow23, make sure you post that video, I really want to check that out! I'm flagging this thread. It's not that I'm huge into planes( I hate Flying) I just want to watch the video and hum "highway to the danger zone"!

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Will look forwaed to seeing them blackwidow!And have a good time at the show!

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Pardon my french, but holy S***

I just got back. After seeing the thing, getting it on tape, I am still shaken. WHO SAYS IT CANT TURN LIKE THE SU-37!?

I tell you as a whitness to its capability, IT CAN. It does things others could only dream of doing in other aircraft. I am putting the video together now and will upload it as soon as possible.

It went RIGHT over my head.

There was one maneuver I have never seen before in my life, I also caught it on video. The F-22 came to a complete stop, yawed 180 degrees, stopped, yawed 180 degrees back, and went off, without losing more than 100ft of altitude. It was RIDICULOUS. I'm importing the clips into editing software right now and will have the video up soon.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Less posting and more editing then! Crack to it!

Youtube I presume?

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Oh and it did a maneuver I like to call the "yobra" and you will see why...

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Thanks for the first person reportage, I am looking forward to seeing the video.

With it's big control surfaces, FBW & thrust-vectoring, I expect the F-22 should be capable of some pretty impressive airshow tricks...

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Video is up on youtube.

No fancy transitions
No fancy titles
No boring tedium.

Just the raw shots in a row. Will add transitions and other effects later.

www.youtube.com...

This is MY video, I took it, NO ONE ELSE. ME. I was there.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Well i aint so suprised because IT is a 5th generation fighter... and it should have the performances off being like a 5th gen fighter so far with out having saw the vid.

But i reckon i would be amazed after watching it!!!

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Thanks BlackWidow!! Realy nicely done my pall!!

It has some big powerfull engines right there man!! Swoooofffff!!!

nice to see that it does maneuveres that since for a short time only the ruskies could do it.

cheers BlackWidow you lucky man

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Pretty impressive video, thanks.

I love that backflip at the end, very nice

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I really enjoyed seeing the Raptor do flips and "float" while it changes direction or drops altitude. I can't imagine how loud it was since I have seen this jet in action before, but not during a demo that would really push the engines to make the required power to perform these pretty cool maneuvers.

This is a great video, thank you very much for recording it.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Excellent video blackwidow!
That 22 raptor truely is a superior aircraft. I've never seen anything perform manuevers such as that before. Simply amazing. Let's hope all the f-22 critics will come out and start some interesting conversation.

I'd love to see what the critics have to say now.

Good job man!

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
DITTO That was an awesome vid, and nice steady hands there! Just goes to show how strong the F 22 can be , and seeing it manuever like that, just as deadly. That was an awesome 3 mins. Flagged.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
nice movie, fact that most airshow demonstrations of new hardware only show half the actal abilitys of the aircraft sugests that that thing is going to be hard to beat, still think the YF23 looked better tho

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Awesome video man! That's a beastly fighter. It's nice to get ATS hand's on material from our members.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
Pretty impressive video, thanks.

I love that backflip at the end, very nice
I thought it looked average in terms of airshows, up until the point of that back flip. That was just damn impressive.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   
holy cow that thing is aweome!, it defies gravity.
i heard someone say that on test trials against 4 f-16 it took them out before they knew what hit them...he said it was like clubbing baby seals!

glad WE own them

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Ive seen these maneuvers before on a documentary on the History Channel about the F-22. It's all in the multi-vectoring thrusters....let's em do things undreamable before!!

GREAT VIDEO!!!!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join