It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100 million light years away? No, it's in your head. (video)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Consciousness !? Consciousness arises from reality! Do underlaying reality need it at all?

I am speaking about that ultimate reality that has given rise to my perception, experience, one that is the same for all (objective/apsolute).

I said it before - whatever this reality is - it exist independent from my perception or consciousness. What is the Kants 'noumenon' beside the 'phenomenon' that I experience through perception by electro/chemical reaction.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by blue bird
Consciousness !? Consciousness arises from reality! Do underlaying reality need it at all?

I am speaking about that ultimate reality that has given rise to my perception, experience, one that is the same for all (objective/apsolute).

I said it before - whatever this reality is - it exist independent from my perception or consciousness. What is the Kants 'noumenon' beside the 'phenomenon' that I experience through perception by electro/chemical reaction.

WRONG!

consciousness is primary, everything else is secondary.
we create our reality and it only exists if there is something observing it.
the double-slit experiment proves this.

"if a tree falls in the woods when no-one's around, does it make a sound?"
no, it doesn't.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Eonnn

No, we observe and measure the event - we do NOT create it. We do not collapse the quantum wave function and made universe to pop up in existence!

Love this one from PhysicsOrg Forum:

"Consciousness causes collapse" was just one interpretation which is not accepted by most physicists. A bunch of new-age scammers have embraced it as a new way to confuse the public into buying their books, movies and seminars.

And yes, a tree makes a sound ( vibrations in the air) when falling independently of the observer. There is just nobody to HEAR it.

If a tree fall near deaf man - does it make a sound?

[edit on 28-8-2007 by blue bird]

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by blue bird

actually you could be right.

we may not create the reality, but we definately influence it.

but as i said in my previous quote, "what we perceive to be real is in actual fact a manifestation of individualised thought consciousness on the light spectrum of pure unaltered thought consciousness."

perhaps reality, is just the pure unaltered thought consciousness within the light spectrum. So thats already there, then we come along with our individual thought consciousness, and our thoughts start molding this into what we require to satisfy our thought curiousity.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join