It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100 million light years away? No, it's in your head. (video)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 08:28 AM
link   
This video claims scientific proof it's all in our head.

Everything is in our head, there is no proof of anything.

To me this was a great video everyone might enjoy.

Just ignore the ending, if you want to.

Google Video Link

[edit on 18-8-2007 by earth2]

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   
MUST.... CONVERT.............. TO ISLAM!

Or not.. I don't really believe any of that. It just tries to offer an easy explanation to our existence. Once again boiling down to religion

Thats not aimed at you by the way earth2 but to the creator of the video...Allah. Thanks for bringing up an interesting post.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   
It was interesting until the the 20minute marker, after which the word Allah in every sentence kinda destroyed any credibility it might have had if anyone looking at it had an open mind for listening to the theories presented.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Yeah thats why I said ignore the ending. I dont care to really know about all that allah stuff.

But anyway I thought the rest of the video was awesome and made total sense. You have to admit they are right though, it IS all in our head.

[edit on 18-8-2007 by earth2]

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   
This is exactly how I have been thinking for years now...

Thinking that god isn't part of the afterlife but, the one thinking of all this. Not him creating all the images though... just the games physics and rules.

Who would want to sit their and think about all this for that long.. this might just be a fast thought, less then a second but with a mind so powerful create an existence.

I came to this conclusion in what felt like hours but was only a couple minutes.. A very odd experience seeing all existences, knowing their an illusion and not caring for going back, not knowing if I would get back to the right one, not caring if I do, Wondering how many times I switched between different illusions... very odd, changing my perception of this 'reality' I may or may not have created myself.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 02:46 AM
link   
This can be likened to the idea that we understand the idea of "infinity"...but for infinity to be "infinite"--it must include the finite (definitive).

For if the infinite-ness did NOT include a finite reality (matter, perception, ect)...it would not be "infinite".

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Sciene may prove the theory of thought correct. Quantum Physics, atom teleportation, etc is gaining credence. Our minds are often said that it uses only a small fraction of its actual capability, which is yet unknown.

Thus will we one day discover that the truly last frontier in space and time lies in our mind, with an undiscovered yet ability to leap back and forth in person thru time and space, akin to astral projection but scientifically proven thru similar repeatable results?

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I know this and believe this to be true, yet it doesn't change how i see my reality, or give me any extra ability to be able to manipulate my reality. you'd think that knowing the truth would be enough, but it seems theres something missing to be able to apply the truth. any ideas?

if you liked that vid you'll like the one here at:
www.perceivingreality.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   
How do you explain events that happen outside our limited area of perception? The old "if a tree falls and no one is there to hear it is there sound" popped into my head as I watched this. Since we have a limited perception of reality it still doesn't mean it doesn't exist and I saw nothing in the film to explain that.

It did follow the Matrix idea, but then why is our brain real and everything we perceive is not?

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Can you prove your brain is real?

Can you prove the branch fell when no one was around?

No.

You can tell me your perception of the event, but that doesnt prove its real.

Until further evidence this is a Matrix.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by earth2

No.

I can tell you this. While I watch your video Allah touched me. He touched my noodly appendage and made it rise for his glory

[edit on 25-8-2007 by ConstantlyWondering]

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ConstantlyWondering

First let me say thats not my video, and I dont even really have a clue who alah is to be honest.

btw, your post was almost funny. Maybe next time.

Just ignore the last 2 minutes trust me, unless you are a allah fan.

I just think its intersting that nothing can be proven, its all in our head.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   

No.

Well then the Matrix is real or then maybe it’s an illusion too of a never ending link of them. Reality is there somewhere, and it might not be what we think, but I think there for I am.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I thought it was going more for a Buddhism thing till it started talking about a god.

The one and only thing I can be sure of is that I my self exist and I my self create the reality around me. I could be "God" and projecting the images at my self, I do not need some superior being to do it for me.

So the real question then becomes "Why am I creating this reality for my self".

However I also excpet that there may be others around me and that this dream world is infact a combination created by all of us.

I perceive you, you perveieve me. However the perceptions we see of each other are not the perceptions we see of our selves. Hmm... not explaining this to well...

There is you, there is me and there is the you which exists in my mind. Just as there is me, there is you and the me which exists in your mind. Our perceptions of each other affect how we interact with each other, thus your perception of me helps to create me and my perception of you helps to create you. Ehhh.. does that make sence?

Geh... I suck at this, basicly there is a famous phycologist who explains what I am trying to talk abot here, I am sure another ATS member knows who it is and can explain it far better than me.

It just seems to me phycology, religion and science all link together somehow.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
All the scientist's building bigger telescopes, spaceships, ect ect may find the answer right inside our head.
Maybe instead of looking out we need to look in for the answer to space travel and other secrets.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   
The ideas you guys are throwing around involving the relativity of consciousness are very old. Renee Descartes' meditation are all on this topic. What you are talking about is "cogito ergo sum", or "I think therefore I am".

This is the basis of almost all modern philosophy.

Vas

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Wherever you go there you are. I think therefore I am. The Matrix is broken.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 05:46 AM
link   

No.

Define 'real' !

If you say 'matrix' - do you mean that it is not 'reality'?

What is the underlaying nature of physical reality represented by 'countinous field' ( Einstein).... we certainly do not precive it with our senses ( we know that the chair I am sitting on, while writing this post, is not quite solid as my 5 senses see it - but is made of protons,electrons and empty space)!

There are obviously layers of reality, but my interaction with that reality is trough perception data ( I see colors with rods and cones in my eyes and brain , not the certain wavelength of reflected light).

So, there is the reality which we experience and the underlaying (apsolute) reality that is the cause of this experience. Whatever this reality is - exist independently of my perception.

If some people find answer in words like 'spirit', 'god', 'allah'....well...

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by blue bird

Define 'real' !

What is the underlaying nature of physical reality represented by 'countinous field' ( Einstein).... we certainly do not precive it with our senses ( we know that the chair I am sitting on, while writing this post, is not quite solid as my 5 senses see it - but is made of protons,electrons and empty space)!

So, there is the reality which we experience and the underlaying (apsolute) reality that is the cause of this experience. Whatever this reality is - exist independently of my perception.

Which is perceived by our brain and our 'brain' is only a perception of our senses.
In other words, even Einstein's theory is a perception.

I know im in over my head on this but it is very interesting.

btw that is a good question, 'what is real'?

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Do you really want to know what reality is?

I can sum it all up for you in one sentence...

"what we perceive to be real is in actual fact a manifestation of individualised thought consciousness on the light spectrum of pure unaltered thought consciousness."

All that really exists is light and consciousness.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join