Closed System?

page: 1

join

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Alright - this is nagging me to death.

I stepped outside tonight to go to the corner store and it was the most bizzare experience I've had in quite some time.

No stars. A dark grey cloud cover, thick and humid in the air.

No wind.

Very few cars on the road, but everyone out driving seemed...different.

I couldn't stop thinking about terrestrial spaceships.

I'm on foot most of the time, so fixed objects and slow travel enable me to take in a lot more of the world than just rushing by in an automated vehicle.

But tonight, was just odd. Very intense with regards to personal space.

It was as if the entire town had slipped underground, and no one outside of our closed sytem knew we even existed.

It just felt so real.

Has anyone ever experienced something similar?

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Yes, when I was maybe 15 or 16 there was an incredibly thick fog that blanketed N London for a whole day. A real pea-souper, as they used to say. Sound was deadened to the point where everything sounded wrong, and hardly anybody was out on the street. I spent the whole day wandering around and saw perhaps twenty people.

The only other similar experience was travelling from Cowes to Shoreham, on the south coast of England, in my old boat, a 1920s built R.N. pinnace. Half an hour out and we hit the thickest sea fog any of us (with maybe 50 years combined experience) had ever seen. Visibility was down to less than a hundred feet and the boat had no radar and, being wooden, was pretty much invisible to anyone elses radar. Keeping a lookout continuously to spot any other vessels for the 14 hours it took to cover 100 miles or thereabouts meant that all of us were hallucinating by the end of the voyage. I kept seeing lights where there were none and my friend Neale, skipper of the Brownsea Island ferry, saw people walking out on the dead flat water a couple of times. That has to be the oddest day of my adult life. I had lots of weird days when I was a kid.

A break from the norm, as long as you come out the other side, is always to be welcomed!

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by GENERAL EYES

happened just the other day. i wonder if thats when our bodies come to a poin t where we need to re proccess all of the figments of people we create. almost like a rendering system.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Nice to know I'm not completely losing it.

Thanks for the tale, Karilla - that must have been an amazing moment in your life! I got chills just reading about it!

iotaetasig284 : That's an interesting concept! I was thinking something along those lines...like we reach a crossroads or a crux in our personal evolution and have to re-evaluate everything about our perspective.

Makes sense to me!

[edit on 20-8-2007 by GENERAL EYES]

join