It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How come none of the territores that joined Cannada join the US?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey
Wow two subjects in one.

thats the way to do it.

The two fellows that start the company actually were Frenchmen who had gotten a 'hot tip' from the First Nations people One version is that France wouldn't give them any money for a trading post on Hudson's Bay because they wanted to get into farming and out of the exploration and fur trapping business.

Another version is that after they returned to Montreal from a very successful expedition, their furs were seized by French official, After fighting with the French for compensation for a few years, they met up with the colonists in version one of the story.
that second option sound like the one that is more likly.

Now, on to Joan...

The judge was a local bishop named Pierre Cauchon, and he opposed Charles VII. He was involved in getting her turned over (sold) to the English after her capture.
So the english had a hit on Joan...? I am not familiar with all the history of the middle ages...

Re: water - most people in Canada don't want to become your water provider, but our government (whichever one is in power, doesn't matter) will happily sell it to you in bulk over our objections.

I would be mad if they cam eout and said the US is going to take cannadas 80,000 year old glacier water... Fund technology is my motto, stop funding explotation

TKainZero, the secret to Canada having such a peaceful history is due to the fact that we got all our fighting done while we were still British North America.
We are, however, one of only a few countries that changed to democracy and self-rule through negotiation.

And that last thing is one thing Americans love about you Cannadians, you looked over the boarder and see something you like you do it in your country, now our other Boarder nieghbor, they look over the boarder, see something they like, and run, bringing everything with them...

new topics

<< 1   >>

join