It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Turkish plane hijacked

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Report: Turkish plane hijacked

news.yahoo.com

ISTANBUL, Turkey - Self-proclaimed al-Qaida members hijacked a Turkish airliner on its way from Northern Cyprus to Istanbul on Saturday, the private television station NTV reported.

The hijackers demanded that the airplane be flown to Tehran, Iran, said Tuncay Doganer, CEO of the private Atlasjet airline company.

But the plane landed at an airport in Antalya, a Turkish province on the Mediterranean coast, after pilots said there was not enough fuel to fly to Iran, Doganer said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Hmmm, could this be the start of a new war? We will have to stay in tuned!
I am hoping the families and people on board will come out of this safely.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 18-8-2007 by Equinox99]

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Interesting:

The story has been updated since your original post:

he hijackers had asked that the Atlastjet Airlines plane be diverted to Iran or Syria but the pilots landed the plane at Antalya airport in southwestern Turkey, said Tuncay Doganer, CEO of Atlasjet.

Now it`s Iran or Syria.

updated yahoo story

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Most of the passengers managed to escape after the plane landed, leaving only the hijackers and a few passengers and crew on board, officials said.
www.news.com.au...

Hopefully the crew and remaining hostages are released without incident

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Doganer said only crew and "a small number" of passengers were left on board. CNN-Turk television said two crew — possibly the pilots — and nine passengers were still inside.

full article

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 03:05 AM
link   
www.news.com.au...

They spoke in Arabic, sometimes they spoke in English. One of them spoke a little Turkish," said the woman, who was not identified.

Hmmm. Odd that Al Qaeda is using English these days. Also odd that their destination has been given as both Syria and Iran, depending on who you ask.

false flag, perhaps?

[edit on 18-8-2007 by vox2442]

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Well you must remember this is a Turkish plane and not many speak English.
So who knows what the hijackers are planning.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 03:10 AM
link   
BBC News - 4 passengers, 2 crew and 2 hijackers still on board. Wanted to go to Iran but there was not enough fuel.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
Well you must remember this is a Turkish plane and not many speak English.
So who knows what the hijackers are planning.

Sorry, I don`t follow you.

A witness reported that the hijackers were speaking Arabic, English and a little Turkish to each other. What does the Turkish plane have to do with it - especially because only one of them spoke any Turkish?

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeyJo
Hopefully the crew and remaining hostages are released without incident

Hopefully the terrorist will be killed and the passengers will remain unharmed. It's important that these types of people understand that hijackings do not work.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Ok so these al-Quaida members rushed the doors to the cockpit couldn't get in? I think that they would have been smarter than that. They allowed the hostages to have water; I believe that. Why would they claim to be al-Quaida, and why would they open a door on the side of the plane to get fresh air? Something just doesn't sound right. Oh yeah, they announced that they are Muslim?

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Sky news were just saying that the pilots escaped out of the window,so the plane won`t be going anywhere unless the hijackers can fly it themselves.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 04:52 AM
link   
You know what I'm finding odd about this? It's that they wouldn't dare do something like that here again, and for good reason. We'd have no problems bum-rushing their sorry behinds right into the bulkhead, and pounding their skulls in. Is is barbaric? Nope, it's called self-defense. When the rest of the world realizes this, then we can stop these petty attempts to get attention.

Wow, thinking about this while typing it up I'm beginning to get the picture that these "terrorists" are nothing more than attention-deprived kids that never grew up mentally... scary stuff.

TheBorg

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Sky news just said the hijackers have surrendered.
No one hurt thankfully.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I didn't think they believed in surrender? What's up with that? Is something changing in their ranks? I wonder....

TheBorg

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by discomfit

Hopefully the terrorist will be killed and the passengers will remain unharmed. It's important that these types of people understand that hijackings do not work.

Until the full facts get out, lets hope nobody is killed. Maybe the hijackers are just trying to escape a repressive regime and have no other means of refugee status?? Desperate times require Desperate measures??

Why is every act of terrorism/hostage taking/bombing these days pointed straight at Al-Qaida? Surely there are other reasons, other than "Oh its because they are part of Al-Qaida".

Have these hijackers made any demands?

I thought these Al-Qaida guys were ment to be just in Afganistan. Oh that was 2001.

Is every terrorist now days instantly Al-Qaida?

Dont get me wrong, I in no way support terrorism, hostage taking, any 'llegal acts (1)' but Im just sick of every body being labelled.
We are all falling for the current US administration's properganda machine.. Arent we?

(1) what that administration says is illegal (NWO??)

edits - fixing my quote. New but learning quickly

[edit on 18-8-2007 by SmokeyJo]

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 05:23 AM
link   
It certainly seems like a half hearted affair in terms of what we are led to expect of AQ.
Maybe its just to ensure that people believe that AQ are also in Iran?
More softening up for the next war?

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Smells like a false flag to tie Iran into AQ. I think its been quite awhile since we had an actual plane hijacking...

Could have been Turkish themself ofcourse. Its not like US has a monopoly on false flag ops by any means. Its been the norm to have these ops when ever public oppinions on key issues have been wavering towards the "wrong" side.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 06:48 AM
link   

THE two men who hijacked a Turkish airplane and forced it to land in southern Turkey today have surrendered, a Turkish official said.
www.news.com.au...

Peaceful solution, the hijackers surrender. Hardly AQ style IMO

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   
BBC news24 just said that one hijacker was Turkish,and the other Syrian.
They had to pretend it was the Iranians for a while though..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join