It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Mystery of Invisible Matter Generated by Cosmic Collision

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Link to article

Observations of a distant galaxy cluster collision reveal a core of invisible matter devoid of glittering galaxies-something that is hard to explain by current theories.

I found this article very intersting. Just when you think we start to understand dark matter

edit:fixed link

[edit on 18-8-2007 by Jbird]

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
My my you really are the klever one haha, you allways seem to find wicked stuff.

And yeah I personally think that dark matter is going to be what leads us deeper into the feilds of alternate dimentions and such.

Becasue some say gravity is too weak, and alot of it is somewhere else, i think the same may be true for dark matter IMO, it exists enough to take up space but its too big/dense/whatever to exist anymore or something along those lines.

[/$0.02]

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Link no work.

Dark matter gremlins.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   
This works:

www.space.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Well it looks like our astronomers are going to be at it again, inventing and re-inventing mythical invisible forces to give a failed model a little more life.

The first option is that the galaxies were catapulted out of the dark matter halo by some kind of gravitational "slingshot" effect. The problem, however, is that computer simulations have failed to produce slingshots powerful enough to cause such a separation.

An alternative idea is that there is more than one form of dark matter and that the different types interact with each other. But conceding such a possibility would mean conjuring up yet another unknown substance that is as mysterious as dark matter itself.

Yes conjuring up yet another unknown substance sums it up really. These guys talk as if dark matter was fact, do a little history on dark matter and you'll soon see it is what is commonly referred to as a fudge factor, a monumental fudge factor of epic proportions.

This is similar to the bullet cluster which heralded much of the same drivel.
Here's a better explanation. www.holoscience.com...

top topics

join