It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Emergency Dean

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I live in Miami if Dean hits us don't you think that Bush is gonna call a National State of Emergency. Has anybody even bothered?

It is now at Category4 and is going to move over even warmer waters, this is going to be bad especially if it misses Florida and hits aroung new orleans or texas.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   
The current track takes it into southern texas. Miami looks to be in the clear for right now but the whole gulf coast is a potential target.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Hurricane Dean is being discussed here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   
No I think we talk here I mean someone should have mentioned a national emergency because that is what is important.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I personally think that any storm that makes landfall on the US mainland as a cat 4 or above will be a reason for GWB to call a National Emergency.

Now just how far this would go towards a place where martial law would be used, other than in those areas directly effected, is anybodies guess.

This might be a good test for just how far GWB is willing to go.

Edit to say "cat 4 or above" not "cat 5 or above. I don't think there is an above 5 rating. At least not yet.

[edit on 17-8-2007 by NGC2736]

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   
There are enough threads about this hurricane already, we should probably limit our discussion to those threads.

As far as Miami.... this storm would have to make a u-turn in the gulf, and then cross over the state of Florida to reach Miami. Suffice to say, that is extremely unlikely.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
There is no reason for a state of national emergency to be called even if it hits Texas
at Category 5 status, however a state of emergency can be called in the states that
are affected by it, namely Texas and Louisiana.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Hurricane Dean is being discussed here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join