It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 24 volcano's rocking the world NOW

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Mnt Saint Helens
Pavlof Alaska
Ubinas Peru
Tungurahua
Huila
arenal
Conception
Pacaya
Santa Maria
Popocatepetl
Doinyo Lengai
Erta Ale
Stromboli
Mnt. Etna
Talang
Rabaul
Yasur
Lopevi
Bulusan
Sakura Jima
Suwanose Jima (yellow alert)
Sheveluch
Karyusky

This is the list I get from USGS:

New Activity/Unrest: (5)

Fuego, Guatemala
Karangetang, Indonesia
Kilauea, USA
Llaima, Chile
Turrialba, Costa Rica

Ongoing Activity: (11)

Arenal, Costa Rica
Cleveland, Alaska
Karymsky, Russia
Merapi, Indonesia
Rabaul, Papua New Guinea
Shiveluch, Russia
Soputan, Indonesia
Soufrière Hills, Montserrat
St. Helens, USA
Tungurahua, Ecuador
Ubinas, Perú

Source:

www.volcano.si.edu...

Now I'm more confused. The list above almost looks like monkeys wrote it. Go ahead try to read it three times fast.

Seriously, anyone with a geography background that can help cross cancel?

But yeah... it seems like a lot of volcanoes... 16 by usgs count. Though, is that normal? There were 14 "ongoing" Aug '04.

Sri

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by swimmer
I have had a topic last year Yellowstone rising

Nothing has changed since then, but you will have to search smart on Google to find anything new on it - not because it is not rising any more (it is, dramatically) but because there are many like apex whose job is to make you forget these things.

Or you could go to the Yellowstone Volcano Observatory and get full color enhanced maps of the rise and fall of the entire caldera system... Seems to be a silly way of 'hiding' the data...

volcanoes.usgs.gov...

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
yes, we all know that millions of people go to usgs sites and read (and understand) scientific data...

like apex, the official media is just ALWAYS downplaying events. Some of it is understandable, since ordinary people would often panic and cause more problems. Still, I think that the order of importance should be established in the news industry. People should be more educated, less protected from the truth.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   

yes, we all know that millions of people go to usgs sites and read (and understand) scientific data...

like apex, the official media is just ALWAYS downplaying events. Some of it is understandable, since ordinary people would often panic and cause more problems. Still, I think that the order of importance should be established in the news industry. People should be more educated, less protected from the truth.

I can tell you didn't even look... very nice... seems a rather odd way of 'downplaying' anything, what with the full color charts and statements like:

"Ground Deformation Summary: Through July 2007, continuous GPS data show that most of the Yellowstone caldera continued moving upward at similar to slightly lower rates as the past year. The maximum measured ground uplift over the past 34 months is ~15 cm at the White Lake GPS station. An example can be found at: www.mines.utah.edu..."

Being more educated woulud mean studying the actual geology of Yellowstone, as opposed to glossing over evidence that doesn't support your claim.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by sp00ner
I can tell you didn't even look... very nice... seems a rather odd way of 'downplaying' anything, what with the full color charts and statements like:

"Ground Deformation Summary: Through July 2007, continuous GPS data show that most of the Yellowstone caldera continued moving upward at similar to slightly lower rates as the past year. The maximum measured ground uplift over the past 34 months is ~15 cm at the White Lake GPS station. An example can be found at: www.mines.utah.edu..."

Being more educated woulud mean studying the actual geology of Yellowstone, as opposed to glossing over evidence that doesn't support your claim.

Plus the other problem being that at one end of the (main) lake there is evidence of ground rising and sinking multiple times when Native Americans lived there. But obviously the fact that it's rising now must mean its bad.

Plus earthquake swarms are generally a reasonably good predictor of activity, plus harmonic tremor (whatever that looks like).

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Who ever metioned about the "elk" dying and trail closings from ground temps, I can only assume you're referencing the Norris events from a few years ago. In which a sizeable ( i think 5-8) bison were found dead in the Norris Basin. The Bison had slept in a depression around the vent or spring that they had choosen for warmth, a common practice for the wildlife there. However, on this particular day the vent they choose decided to belch out a rather nasty concentration of carbon monoxide/dioxide, which hung about in the low lying depression like fog in the morning and suffocated them.

The trail closings are absolutely accurate, however, these occur frequently in all sorts of areas of the park. Thermal features change with the seasons almost, as someone that's been going to the park for 10 years now, i can atest that at least 25% of the features i've come to know over the years are either brand new, or now extinct. Hell, in norris they guessed right, there's a parking lot near the... Mud Volcano, I think is the place, where a hot spring formed under the lot and caved it into parking lot hot spring.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
apex, we can't be all "educated" as you...hehe

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
There have been a few large earthquakes around the Ring of Fire and I am keeping a check to see if the underwater volcanoes off Japan act up. I sure hope Japan isn't due for the next big one.

I also notice there have been some nice sized quakes in the Atlantic that you don't see so I'm keeping my eyes on that too.

I do believe our families from above and within are attempting to help us by keeping the Poles from shifting.

[edit on 20-8-2007 by observe50]

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Thank you O50 interesting, I came on to bring some related information and it seems to back where I think you are going with your post. Let me say also that I have seriously thought about the connections between earthquakes and volcano's. One thing for certain they do work in unison to allow energy to be released and adjusted. As for stopping the pole shifts, I am not so sure. It is a natural event and as we continue to move towards a higher dimensional level of existence, and a level one society, perhaps then we will be able to manipulate such events, but not before. I do not believe that the elders or anyone else with the capability will envolve themselves at this turning point.

Now here is that piece I brought over for consideration.

www.avo.alaska.edu...

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Thankyou well said and I couldn't agree more.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Sri Oracle, I used to be a huge fan of USGS, I wanted to use all resources to monitor the California coast as that is where my children are.
So about the time we had that false tsunami warning for the Denver(?)area and the rapid increase in earthquake activity in the Alaskan and Northern California coastal regions, the site shut down for a few hours and it came up differently and less available to the average person like myself. It was a stake through the heart, but I guess they just did not want ordinary people privy to sensitive information any more. I still visit once in a while, but it is just not the same. I noticed the same thing for some of the volcano cams.

Never-tell, The earthly alignments you talk about , do you mean like prophecy or natural cosmic?
I think very strongly that it is ALL relevant and connected. Look at the tides and the human body, yes to me it is all an intricate dance.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Maybe a "Volcanic Winter" will offset the global warming....

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   
volcanic winter is something that i have given alot of thought to lately. howevre ,not due to volcanoes, but because of all the wild fires worldwide.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Antar,

I know how you feel.
I get tired of doing a dozen google-searches to learn about the ongoing catastrophy that is not reported on the mainstream media. And, when I find something, I still have to filter it, figure out what is really happening.

In the end, I have to put all the events together and figure out if anything is happening on Earth and what is the magnitude of events.

There is absolutely no official source that can be trusted. That is so sad.

[edit on 22-8-2007 by swimmer]

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Thank you for all of your great ideas and comments to this important thread.
I want to talk to you about a couple by the names of Stan and Holly Deyo. I have known of them for years and have even been visiting their sites and taking their plan seriously.
I heard them last night on Coasttocoastam, a radio program that covers many of the same topic's as we do here on ay ATS. We in fact now have an advertising spot on the show for ATS.
Stan and Holly have a website called millenium ark that stays abreast of earth changes and the challenges we face in surviving them. You can find their site here.
standeyo.com...
Now how this ties in with the thread is that it gave validation and cohesive understanding to some of the issues that have been given in this thread which on my part were based on hunches rather than scholarly advice.
I took some foot notes but strongly urge you to pay the 6 USD and join coastotcoastam stream link and listen to the show for yourself.
www.coasttocoastam.com...
Just in case you do not have the capability to do so here are a few of my notes on the show:
On his site (BTW his hit ratio for earth quakes is incredible) under quake alerts for the 14-19th in the region of Peru.
He talked about weather modification being an actual reality,The sun and global warming, green house gasses. And how the sun is not a constant but varying. He spoke about the Munder minimum, And the vulnerability of life on earth ion terms of the fragility of it being just a few degrees off to have made life on this planet impossible.
He spoke about the flood risks and heat waves. Now this was confirmation for my above posts that since November of last year his number one site for valuable and accurate data was shut down after 10 1/2 years it was the FNMOC. This program was deleted from public access with all kinds of funding excuses etc. This was a blow to him and his data and research as NOAA was not as accurate or timely. (I too noticed that and mentioned it in above posts.)In fact there was a suppression from sites employed by Government employees, a gag order. All new data and information was to scrutinized by superiors prior to any interviews and release of information to keep from alarming the populations. They wanted to keep the populations calm in the midst of abnormal situations and extremes.
He spoke about hurricanes turning into Cat. 5 becoming the norm. He spoke more in detail about certain government agencies such as NOAA and NASA and their silence and gag orders.
He urged people to visit his site and click on the threat watch and go to the talking points link and then to silence is golden for more information and a ton of links to back his claims.
He said that anarchy being the number one reason for the silence instead of slowly educating the public. Emergency prep on state and locals levels have been being implemented and that it needs to continue to educating people to behave in a calm and orderly manner. He stated that he had not had any pressure on him and rather thought that he was even appreciated because of his non official status and that he strove to keep a calm while educating people rather than creating a panic.
Here is more confirmation to my thread, he talked about volcanoes and whats happening to the core plate tectonic order.
He spoke about the obvious increase in the earths diameter by 20-25% and the evidence of gravity and a faster spin rate watching volcano's. He spoke about MOHO discontinuity and the disappearance of dolphins at the great barrier reef. And also about Pavlof and how the eagles and the king fish and more had begun to disappear around the volcano.
He went into his and his wife Hollys visit to the Hopi's land in Arizona and how they were welcomed and invited in. He has a lot of very heartfelt things to say about their treatment there and of the Hopi prophecies in general as well as the preparations that the Hopis already have in effect such as storing of corn beans and such in their underground shelters known as Kivas.
Stan spoke quite a bit about biblical prophecy and how it all intersects and connects from now thru and past 2012 just a few short years away. He noted that the Hopis plan to live safely underground during the approximately 2 weeks that the sun burns the earth. The prophecy spoke of all the trees and life upon the surface will burn. He stated quite a few possibilities to back and confirm this through the coming sun spot activity cycle.He states that it will in all probability take 2 -3 days to reach its period of heat to reach the maximum of more than 130+ degrees. This means that the tar on the roads will begin to melt and travel by road would be impossible, he said to think now about where you will be safe and to consider having an ATV or dune buggy of sorts that can traverse the off road situations you may need to get to safety. He spoke about the biblical warnings and to be aware to survive. He has a very positive out look and urges everyone and has for years to make some simple changes and strategies now to survive the near future and the earth changes in the near future.
Stan's wife Holly wrote a fantastic book called 'Dare to Prepare'that can give you great information on how to survive any number of situations. It is one of those books you will want with you for sure.
He went on in the second hour to discuss many other subjects such as Aliens, Technology, Anti Gravity, Propulsion, and even building his own craft.
Truly a great interview and again I challenge you to go online and visit his site as well as to down load the interview on c2c stream link.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
It is interesting to think about how as the earth expands the crust has to move and adjust. It is amazing that the process is as gentle as it is for us.

posted on Aug, 25 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Just checking back to see if anyone listened to the coasttocoast show with Stan and Holly Deyo that I mentioned above. It was a very timely show and one I think everyone should hear.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Ah come on now friends, the post a couple back is worthy of a comment or two. It is most timely and very informative. Don't you listen to Coasttocoast ? It was a great show and had so much information and validation reguarding the earths cycles and the volcanic erruptions as well as many other subjects on earth changes and how to survive. Please comment and lets talk further.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
The approaching of Nibiru is having a bit of an influence on our planet.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join