It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 24 volcano's rocking the world NOW

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Apex, you are wrong, and you know it.

There are many VERY UNUSUAL volcano activities in the World right now. Yellowstone rising, a number of other volcanoes and an ABNORMAL rate of seismic events.

I am sure if you count them more closely, there are far more than 24 active volcanoes. The whole Earth is affected.

People are being evacuated, life is lost, and it is happening EVERY DAY. End everywhere.

If you read any post from Apex, you will see that all he does is DOWNPLAY any importance of any seismic event. Nothing is a big deal to him, all normal. This is an exciting scientific field, yet mr. Apex is not excited about it, but he writes A LOT and ALWAYS just downplaying everything.

I know a crook when I see one. I just do.

[edit on 18-8-2007 by swimmer]

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Swimmer thanks for your comments and can you tell me more about Yellowstone rising?
I have looked into the caldera in the past, it is just so darn scary to think of it erupting into a full blow event. It would wipe out civilization as we know it. The question would be, where is safe?
Also don't fret about the naysayers that's just their own protective mechanisms kicking in. Its good to have people from all avenues of thought, keeps the table wide open you know? Thank you again. And I am looking forward to your info on Yellowstone !

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Here is an update on Pavlov which 'if' it blows will interrupt international flights and pose a danger to aviation.

From external source:
Situation Update No. 1 On 17.08.2007 at 06:34 GMT+2 Open Close
A massive volcano on a group of islands southwest of Alaska looks set for a huge eruption that may affect international air travel. Satellite images of Pavlof Volcano have shown strong thermal readings, consistent with what the Alaska Volcano Observatory called a "vigorous eruption of lava" at the volcano about 590 miles southwest of Anchorage. The volcano lies directly in the path of hundreds of daily international flight paths. An explosive eruption could severely interrupt those operations, said Steve McNutt, a volcano seismologist with the observatory. "Volcanic ash can enter an engine and make it seize up," Mr McNutt said. "What our concern is, is that there will be a more explosive eruption. "This is right up under the international aviation routes, so a big plume could pose a significant threat." Seismic activity was first picked up at the 8,262-ft volcano on Tuesday, with one tremor recorded every minute.

[edit on 18-8-2007 by antar]

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Here is some information on the Yellowstone caldera. I see no new news in connection to the rise and subsequent fall of the caldera.

pubs.usgs.gov...

Enjoy it is a great site and very informative.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by swimmer
Yellowstone rising, a number of other volcanoes and an ABNORMAL rate of seismic events.

I would like to see information backing up the claim on yellowstone having abnormal activitity if you do not mind.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar

I appreciate all of the well thought out opinions that have been generated through this thread and it is just a reminder to remain vigilant and alert.

But lets not all go home now , OK?

Oh come on now we do not need to make these events into a big deal, as I stated they have regular activity and this is nothing special.

Just last year the pavlof Volcano belched once or twice and then poof nothing. Several years ago My St Helens went off for a few days then poof again back to normal.

Now I better run and tell henny penny

[edit on 8/18/2007 by shots]

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Apex, you are wrong, and you know it.

I love a fair trial. What is this, the Spanish Inquisition?

There are many VERY UNUSUAL volcano activities in the World right now. Yellowstone rising, a number of other volcanoes and an ABNORMAL rate of seismic events.

How do we know what is an abnormal rate of seismic events? The Earth has been here for 4.5 billion years and we've been studying tectonics etc for about 150 years.

I am sure if you count them more closely, there are far more than 24 active volcanoes. The whole Earth is affected.

I never said there were only 24. There are only about 24 doing anything at the moment though it seems.

People are being evacuated, life is lost, and it is happening EVERY DAY. End everywhere.

I never denied that. I know that is what happens. It's how the earth works, even if it isn't particularly friendly to life.

If you read any post from Apex, you will see that all he does is DOWNPLAY any importance of any seismic event. Nothing is a big deal to him, all normal. This is an exciting scientific field, yet mr. Apex is not excited about it, but he writes A LOT and ALWAYS just downplaying everything.

I know a crook when I see one. I just do.

And just how exactly do I do that then? And what you said about Yellowstone holds no weight, last month there wasn't even an earthquake swarm. And i am very interested in this field, and do not suggest I know everything about it, but i don't 'downplay' anything. In fact, I think it very important that we understand how the earth works and so on.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
now i dont know for a fact if anything out of the ordinary is going on with our earth at these times.....but in my opinion its sure does seem like it..from the raised strength of hurricanes these days...as well as them popping up in places were it was thought they couldnt(if youve seen an inconvienient truth you know what im speaking about)to the floods over in the east,the earthquakes in piru recentally as well as other places....the mine collapse in utah and the siesmic activity that caused it to injure and kill some of the rescue people(see any news station covering the mine cave in for that story) im not sayin it means the end is comeing or anything like that but what i feel is that its def not something that should be just brushed aside as a little abnormal....i dont need to remind everybody how much the earth has changed over the course of its life so who are we to say changes arent happining rite now.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
My eye is on Pavlov in Alaska.

All of these volcanic trouble spots lead me to wonder about solar spots and flares and the weirdness of the current and preceding solar cycles.

There are so many changes happening to all planets in our solar system that I also wonder about an unseen traveller stirring up all of this volcanic trouble.

A worldwide volcanic winter has happened before and it would be disastrous for all of us.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Keeping an eye on Sepat, it is set to smash into the cities of Kaohsiung and Taichung with populations of over one million people. This is a category 5 typhoon w/ wind gusts up to 227Km/hr.

Our thoughts and prayers are with all of the affected people of these regions during this devastating time, please connect with us here on ATS when you can to let us know just exactly what your personal experiences were with this catastrophe.

Here is the latest info on Sepat:

visz.rsoe.hu...

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Doesn't look too odd to me. Almost all of those volcanoes are in the Ring of Fire, which is a seismically active area. I'd be more worried if they started erupting everywhere, but this shouldn't be that unexpected with all of the earthquakes that have been taking place in the Ring of Fire.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I have had a topic last year Yellowstone rising

Nothing has changed since then, but you will have to search smart on Google to find anything new on it - not because it is not rising any more (it is, dramatically) but because there are many like apex whose job is to make you forget these things.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Apex, this is what I am tuning into at this time...

Yasur which was on your list from an eairlier page has now been raised to a level 3 warning status. Although this may not affect you or me personally, it is still important as world news of people we share this planet with. Here is the latest.

visz.rsoe.hu...

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I have had a topic last year Yellowstone rising

Nothing has changed since then, but you will have to search smart on Google to find anything new on it - not because it is not rising any more (it is, dramatically) but because there are many like apex whose job is to make you forget these things.

Actually, it is rising more and it's now at 15 cm. It used to be at 10 cm uplift. Whether that means anything beyond normal activity we do not know.

And if you could kindly stop accusing me of it being my job to deny something like that, I'd appreciate it.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Apex not to worry, your input is valued and we appreciate your diligence.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Well, scientists use the word "unusual" when talking about the behaviour of Yellowstone. It is growing WAY TOO FAST. But, speaking in your words, until it explodes, we cannot be sure, so why even talk about it...until it explodes? That is how the media works...we need to know about Paris Hilton every day...but many apexes are there to make us forget about trivial things like Yellowstone, federal reserve, global warming (it only affects polar bears anyway). It is all normal...rising just 15 cm a year. No big deal.

I will kindly not only stop insulting you, I will forget that you exist. The pleasure is mine.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Dont panic, dont panic people. It is just the planet adjusting itselfes like you adjust yourself in bed when you are asleep: rolling to lay in a comfortable posistion just like the planet is doing now...

Activity like this is normal and healthy for our planet.

I am even comfortad to see this activity because it shows how healthy our planet is doing

If you are close to these volcanoe`s, just take a chair and watch the free show of mother nature giving to us

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Yeah i noticed the activity lately there has been allot of 7.5 to 7.9 earthquakes here lately but i don't think they will all blow it might take a couple of years for them to all erupt we need to invest in better thermal technology so we can use the earths pressure to fuel or technology then that will stop volcano's from erupting like with the yellow stone super volcano we need to build a really huge thermal power plant over yellow stone to release some of the pressure so it won't explode well thanks for the info peace.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Hi Antar,

Yellowstone is an interesting place. With the entire site of Yellowstone being the SUPER VOLCANO when/if it ever blows you will have your three days of darkness I have no doubt.

Last year or so Elk had a die off and they think it was from the sulfur being emitted from the ground or something to that effect. I read they closed areas because the ground temperature was over 200 degrees.

My understanding is if this blew that a 1200 hundred miles radius around Yellowstone would be wiped of life very quickly. Afew years back I saw massive ufo's on the web cam I was looking at the Old Faithful web cam live.

On the 28th we have a Lunar Eclipse so looking up might be interesting.
With the two hugh quakes and other quakes that are occurring in unusual places this 5 hurricane coming I think we should all be aware and keep our eyes open.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   
clue: look and see what kind of "heavenly" alignments are in process...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join