It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 24 volcano's rocking the world NOW

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 01:02 AM
link   
earthquake in indonesia
happened to click the link that started this thread
11 pm here, 5 am there
weirder then weird

but yeh, stay in the cities
us country folk already know about the mass
exodus thing, usually after its too late
the smart ones get out ahead of time
and avoid that

[edit on 18-8-2007 by netsurfer4t4]

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Here is a link to th usga for earthquake frequency, I don't think we have anything to worry about, since 1900 we have had over 1300 EQs, in the 4.5 5.9 range, 10 times that in the lower ranges., some are so deep in earth you will never know about it.Temblor frequencies

Quote"
Frequency of Occurrence of Earthquakes

Magnitude Average Annually
8 and higher 1 ¹
7 - 7.9 17 ²
6 - 6.9 134 ²
5 - 5.9 1319 ²
4 - 4.9 13,000
(estimated)
3 - 3.9 130,000
(estimated)
2 - 2.9 1,300,000
(estimated)
¹ Based on observations since 1900.
² Based on observations since 1990.

Unquote "

I don't think the Earth is breaking water yet
But the bible is an interesting source of courage during times like these.

The global volcano watchdogs say not really and back it up with data..there is a lot more reporting due to populations spreads over the centuries.Global Volcano Activity

Therea are 20 at any given time and 50 per year

SyS
^i^

[edit on 18-8-2007 by Sys_Config]

[edit on 18-8-2007 by Sys_Config]

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProjectDreamland
Thats because its a load of BS. Sorry, but I don't buy it.

It's not BS. That's an emergency map, what's BS is that this is being called a unique event. It's really not.

I've brought up this map countless times and each time I do it ends up spawning one of these threads. If people would care to sit back and examine the map for a period of over 1 day, they'll notice there are days where there are 30+ Volcanoes on yellow/orange alert.

Nothing to see here, move along.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar

Here is a partial list of the volcanos that are erupting now:

I don't know about all of them but if I remember correctly there could be a lot more. about 150 more at least.

Mnt Saint Helens

Has been like that since May 1980 when it blew up.

Popocatepetl

Famous for it's UFO activity, and almost always seems to have small eruptions.

Ol Doinyo Lengai

Famous for its cool (relatively) lava.

A similar eruption took place for several months in 1926 and between July and December of 1940, resulting in the ash being deposited as far as Loliondo, which is 100 kilometres away. Several minor eruptions of lava were observed in 1954, 1955, 1958 the early 1960s.

The most recent eruption took place on the 27th of March 2006.
Volcanic activity in the mountain has caused daily earth tremors in Kenya and Tanzania beginning on the July 12, 2007. The latest to hit parts of Nairobi city was recorded on July 18, 2007 at 8.30pm (Kenyan Time). The strongest tremor has measured 6.0 on the richter scale Geologists suspect that the sudden increase of tremors is indicative of the movement of magma through the Ol Doinyo Lengai.

Erta Ale

Happens to be a Lava lake and has been that way for along time. Erupted last in 2005.

Stromboli

Erupts every day. It even has it's own type of eruption named after it.

Mnt. Etna
Talang
Rabaul
Yasur
Lopevi
Bulusan
Sakura Jima
Suwanose Jima (yellow alert)
Sheveluch
Karyusky

No idea about the rest really. And most are on the Pacific Ring of Fire. It's called that for a reason you know.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Thank you for the article post as I didn't know squat about EQS and volcanoes until now. thats still a lot of heat, ash, etc going into the air causing disruptions of transatlantic/pacific flights. Ash pumice is murder on jet engines and other motors. and of course heat. I understand the Sun's activities may have a bearing on this but I cannot comment further as I don't know. The Japanese just released today a report also that arctic is really shrinking at 2050 levels this year. is tthere a connection?

I hope we can critque any post without necessarily calling it B.S as we all have feelings here and are not just Avatars or talking heads. We all are bringing food to the table..as each cannot be everywhere at once. I love to read everyones stuff..and everyone appreciates a constructive comment . We bring more stuff to the table that way, and get smarter at the same time.

SyS

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 04:11 AM
link   
ohh.. mother nature are probably pissed or annoyed with us puny humans

well its quite surprising that 24 vulcans are erupting... i wonder why... are our planet in stage of changing?

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Something gives me the feeling people need to understand the alert system:

Volcano alert system

A volcano on Orange does not mean it is erupting, and even if it is, it's likely a small eruption. It only gets on the news if it's near a populated area like Etna or Vesuvius is, or if it's going to be big, like a 1980 Mt St Helens one. Otherwise it's quite small and nothing to worry about unless you're near it. 24 on watch or above does not mean the end is Nigh.

To give an idea of how small these are (relatively speaking of course) it would take them all erupting like St Helens once a year for 41 years before you would get an effect similar to a super eruption at Yellowstone.

FUEGO Guatemala 14.47°N, 90.88°W; summit elev. 3,763 m

INSIVUMEH reported that on 8 August, a Strombolian eruption of Fuego produced gas-and-ash plumes that rose to altitudes of 4.8-5.6 km (15,700-18,400 ft) a.s.l. and drifted W and SW. Lava flows advanced and avalanches of incandescent blocks traveled down river valleys, including the Ceniza river valley to the SW. Several pyroclastic flows descended the flanks and ashfall was reported in villages to the W, SW, and S. CONRED raised the Alert Level to Orange (level 3 on a scale of 1-4) in surrounding communities on 8 August, based on a later report from INSIVUMEH. source

Approximate Translation:

On 8 August a small eruption of gas and ash with small explosions occurred. The plumes rose to about 2 km above the summit, far from a large amount. It doesn't give the distance traveled by the the flows, but going from the wording I'd say not far.

Such a plume and the rest of the description suggests a VEI of 1 or 2. 2 is 1,000 times smaller than Mt St Helens in May 1980.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 07:38 AM
link   
There's a difference between a volcano having a little leak here or there, with some ''puffs'' of gas / ash, and a volcano puking his bowels out with all its might.

For some reason I think people are assuming this is all like those disaster movies where the eruption destroys everything on the country the volcano is located in and leaves them in the darkness. (aka, the puking volcano, lol)

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by -0mega-
There's a difference between a volcano having a little leak here or there, with some ''puffs'' of gas / ash, and a volcano puking his bowels out with all its might.

LMAO!

Thats the funniest way of putting that I've ever seen. You are right, many people seem to think erupting, means exploding.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 07:54 AM
link   
last winter there were two small quales in my area, i looked them up at the gov website here in canada, both quales were 3 months apart and almost in the exact same area, like the longitude and latitude stuff were almost identical

my first thinking then was the haarp program, and, i also had wondered if the ptb used the haarp to tryn and either stabilize the pacific rim area or destabilize it..... my thoughts then, and yeh, maybe now i can realize thisis normal, still, pays to be vigilant, no?

and i am not talking any religion type vigilance, no, i am saying, basic common sense vigilance, but yeh, i am a 'crazed' individual, i even still have troubles, i was in a ward for 9 days, a locked obvservation psych ward, yet they tell me i am intelligent, until i start talking vitamins and natural cures etc

so, do your own research and then when i saw this 24 volcanos etc, i called my family on the coast and told them it might be a good idea to have their van ready with food and gas, they live on the coast in vancouver bc area

yeh, i am a nut head, and so there

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by apex
Something gives me the feeling people need to understand the alert system:

Volcano alert system

Exactly, relax people. I have been watching my alert map for 2 years now and it looks relatively the same. People need to know how to one read the map, two follow it for at least 6 months, then understand their is seismic activity in at least 40 places or more all the time going on.

Here is my map:

hisz.rsoe.hu...

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Cool volcanoes are fantastic, there a natural wonder to behold. They we're here before us, So people shouldn't live in close proximity.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I know this is off topic but there are also 4 epidemics in the world right now.. Indonesia, Sudan (42 out of 79 dead) Carribean and Bangladesh (worst outbreak) .. All along the equator oddly enough, though it does not say what the disease is exactly I found it interesting enough as I have not seen anything about it on the news.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar

Now I have been looking at this site for several years and have never seen this many volcano's erupting at one time. Any ideas as to why we are experiencing all at once along all of the coastal lines?

Chicken Little here. The sky is not failing as you seem to think they are active volcanos which have been active for years. Nothing new at all, now where is foxey loxey so I can tell him too

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
That's the way these kind of disaster alert sites are. If you want to learn the facts unless its Paris Hilton type news you do not rely on the local and national news go to the farthest reaches of them you can, and there you will begin to touch on the news that is worthy of consideration. And since news changes from one moment to the next you have to take that into account as well.

I appreciate all of the well thought out opinions that have been generated through this thread and it is just a reminder to remain vigilant and alert.

I hope that it is just mother nature spewing off some underground pressure and a natural occurrence. But lets not all go home now , OK?

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Now, just a thought, but why after all these years are we experienceing tempuratures that can cause a partial (Non Threatning) event at a nuclear power plant due to excessive heat in the Tennesse River? Could it be , and I put this to you for examination and consideration, that the ground temperatures below the water tables are compounding the problem?

The Tennessee Valley Authority shut down one of three units at the Browns Ferry nuclear plant Thursday because water drawn from a river to cool the reactor was too hot, a spokesman said. The nation's largest public utility shut down Unit 2 about 5:42 p.m. CDT because water drawn from the Tennessee River was exceeding a 90-degree average over 24 hours, amid a blistering heat wave across the Southeast. "We don't believe we've ever shut down a nuclear unit because of river temperature," said John Moulton, spokesman for the Knoxville, Tenn.-based utility. He said TVA would compensate for the loss of power by buying power elsewhere. The utility announced earlier Thursday that it was imposing a fuel surcharge on customers because of lower hydroelectric power production caused by drought conditions. Two other units at the plant were operating, as well as towers to cool the water. But searing temperatures and a lack of cooler water in the upper part of the Tennessee River system made it too difficult to provide cool water for all three reactors.

For the full story :

visz.rsoe.hu...

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
what would happen if the earth errupted alot of its pressure? Would it warm us top side, burn us?or would it get colder because of it? Would the contenents move faster or stop forming fresh at the ends. If such a thing happened and then the preause built up again, it could fracture our crust very severly, no? if that happened alot of our water would be converted into gaseous form again, I bet the environment would change, drastically.Like having a huge humidifier over earth??????

[edit on 18-8-2007 by newyorkee]

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Magnitude 5.2 quake, 7 miles from Ol Doinyo Lengai. Definitely connected I would think.

Magnitude 5.2 - TANZANIA
2007 August 18 07:44:02 UTC

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Apex I was just looking at the quake activity and contemplating a connection. There are so darn many mini-earthquakes happening daily, that is hard to make a distinction between any real connectivity. I certainly would not rule it out though. I did notice a slightly higher magnitude of the quakes than normal. Meteorologists, Geologists and Volcanologists must be having a field day. I raise my mug of coffee to them!

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   
When I was a young surfer girl growing up in Huntington Beach California, my also young Mom used to take my brother and I out on the pier to experience the Tropical storms first hand. We loved it when the waves would come crashing over the pier and the spray would soak us to the bone. I guess this is where I first developed my interest in the earths magnificent and unusual occurrences. I do not have a chicken little fear of our planets moving and shaking abilities, but as an adult I do like to stay a breast of her unusual habits. I was really hoping that there would be some experts here on the site like KrOnOs who can give us down to earth information and accurate updates about all of the coincidences happening around the alleged August 18th turmoil.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join