It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 24 volcano's rocking the world NOW

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Watchtheskies

Man, this is going to be bad for Jamaica if it gets hit.

Take a look at the Drudge report's home page: www.drudgereport.com

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar

Just interested as to why you wrote that when it simply isn't true or happening?
unnecessary scaremongering if you ask me.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Why would this page state that a lot of the Volcanoes have a 100% chance of ERUPTION in 2007?

www.intlvrc.org...

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by promomag
Why would this page state that a lot of the Volcanoes have a 100% chance of ERUPTION in 2007?

That may be, but not all at the same time and not today.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I don't know how long you have been checking that particular alertmap, but I would say that 24 volcanoes erupting is not really that many. I have seen upwards of 40 at times. Also most of those eruptions are small steam vents. You can look at Mt. St. Helens webcam, which is currently erupting according to that and see that it is not much of an eruption.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by promomag

www.intlvrc.org...

Thanks for the great site! I love to watch these kinds of sites. I only read down so far on it but if you compare it to the site that I have been monitoring for the past couple of years it is a bit different.

Lets take a look again. I am sorry if you think I am suffering from chickenlittlesyndrome! Just never before have I seen so much activity all at one time.

I put it out here for those that are much wiser to explain to me in layman's terms what the bleep is going on! Thanks now here is the link I was referring to.

visz.rsoe.hu...

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProjectDreamland

Just interested as to why you wrote that when it simply isn't true or happening?
unnecessary scaremongering if you ask me.

I sure hope you are right ProjectDreamland!

I have been checking this site on a regular basis and have discovered events happening long before it even hits the national or world news.

Sometimes I tend to see more into events than others would, but I have just neverseen this much volcanic activity happening at once.

Can't you feel the earth changes and the unsettling movement that is just not normal? I don't think it is armageddon or the end of the world, but I do say to keep your eyes wide open and not shut. Ok? Be safe and well.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Can't you feel the earth changes and the unsettling movement that is just not normal? I don't think it is armageddon or the end of the world, but I do say to keep your eyes wide open and not shut. Ok? Be safe and well.

I agree alot of things have happend recently, but for me it feels like any other day. Maybe I don't have my eyes open enough, after all it is 4:40am where I am. I was just interested as to why the words "Rocking the world NOW" were used.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
reply to post by Watchtheskies

Man, this is going to be bad for Jamaica if it gets hit.

Take a look at the Drudge report's home page: www.drudgereport.com

Now I am crying, sitting here all safe and sound drinking ice tea in my airconditioned home. That was the news I did not want to see. Well I hope nothing short of a miracle happens now. The statistics are mind blowing for Jamaica.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I agree antar, we can only pray for those people.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Oh OK Dreamland I understand now, and I understand what you meant.

Were ok I hope?

Did you check out the Hurricane Dean thread on the top page? I'm headed over there for the latest.

This just all seems to be too timely for me. We will all keep a close watch together on all of the strange events happening around the world. At least we have each other to bring in news as it breaks.

This may all blow over for us here in America, (doubtful really) but for the unfortunate ones that live in the disaster areas it is already too late.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Oh OK Dreamland I understand now, and I understand what you meant.

Were ok I hope?

Did you check out the Hurricane Dean thread on the top page?

Yeah were cool
And yes I have just seen that update to hurricane Dean on BBC News 24. I hope people stay safe and look after eachother through the worst of it.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436
I don't know how long you have been checking that particular alertmap, but I would say that 24 volcanoes erupting is not really that many. I have seen upwards of 40 at times. Also most of those eruptions are small steam vents. You can look at Mt. St. Helens webcam, which is currently erupting according to that and see that it is not much of an eruption.

check out the mt st. helens cam now, the closest one is out. the far away one is almost completly blocked by cloud, which 10 mins ago it wasn't.

www.fs.fed.us...#

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   
There's always a bunch of volcanoes on a warning status. There was a similar thread last year and people were freaking out then too.

No worries. It's not like we got 20 lava/gas spewing volcanoes.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Bring it on ET beeches .

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.
Mod Note: Please Stay on Topic

[edit on 18-8-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   
this is crazy, mt helens cam has now blacked out...

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Well, this map is not up to date, but as of August 04, but at the other site there's 249 earthquakes going on, but that was when I looked last which was a few minutes ago, but most are under 4 as usual.

volcano.und.edu...

earthquake.usgs.gov...
249 Earthquakes on this Map

earthquake.usgs.gov...

www.iris.edu...

But perhaps the site you showed is better, but then I was thinking earthquakes for some reason and not volcanos, so back to the first page and the link there.

I don't think any volcanos are major though as of now, but it never hurts to check.

A little volcano icon perhaps though for some fun~!

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Its dark (as in, its at night)

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Wow, a lot of natural occurences are happening today.

It COULD just be a coincidence though.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join