It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else having strange dreams/feeling really tired the last couple of days???

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I can't tell everyone how happy I am to see this post. I have had a feeling of foreboding all summer, but the last two weeks my sleep has been disturbed. I normally go to sleep between nine and ten, and wake up around three-thirty to four. Usually, I go ahead and get up, get on the computer, and take care of business before going to work. The last two weeks, I still wake up, but I go back to sleep, often sleeping until seven. (I normally only work two days a week.) When I get up I am exhausted, and if I sit down I catch myself going back to sleep, often after being up only and hour or two.
I have been having disturbing dreams, but I can't remember them. I just feel "troubled" when I awaken. My wife has had similar sleep disturbances the last couple of weeks, and we have both had an increase in joint pains, and headaches. (Actually, I have had more headaches this summer than I have had in my entire life, and I am 57.)
I would like to chalk this up to the dog days of summer, but this is the first time in my life that I have had this prolonged sense of forboding. We have been in the middle of a heat wave, with about 10 days of 100 degree+ temps.
I am inclined to think, based on my observations of family, friends, and co-workers, that this has something to do with global consciousness, and a subconscious global awareness that change is coming. I don't feel that our symptoms necessarily indicate a disaster of some sort, but change is stressful, and these seem to be the symptoms we are all experiencing and expressing.
I'm not much into meditation, but right about now, I'm thinking a little peace and quiet, concentrate on breathing, and just quieting the mind might be in order.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
the truth is out there- if you can handle it.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Well, I just had my third nap in a week. This is very unusual for me. Prior to this I hadn't napped in 5 years and then it was when I was sick. My husband reminded me that I had a bad dream a couple weeks ago. Again, I chalked it up to agitations in my life. It was after that, that I started feeling very drained and annoyed easily. So, did your unusual dreams come first or were they simultaneous with your drained feeling?

Walk in Silence, I like your Native American saying. I emailed it to some friends. Chonx I appreciated your summation.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I live in the Southern Hemisphere and I'm feeling many of the same things that everyone else is.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Even my dad is feeling this way and he has never hinted or anything that he believes in aliens or anything of the sort before.

For those people waking up in the middle of the night can you write down what time that is casue it could be if we all happen to be waking up around the same time it has sumthing to do with what could be going on at taht time like back to the magnetic field thing.

Or maybe Nibiru is close approaching =P.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I didn't completely read through this thread... mainly because this is very odd.

Usually I am the one who is always tired... that's just me. I usually don't feel very challenged. I also remember my very lucid dreams every night. They're always weird and people around me have become immune to my dream stories...

However, the last couple of days, I have had a lot of energy. I haven't seen any peripheral lights at all. The last dream that I remember was a week ago. Since then, I haven't remembered one dream. That is very odd to me.

The last dream I had, I was scaling a dull, golden brick wall. I was being chased by two guys with black cloths and turbans. They were carrying curved swords and trying to run up the wall after me. I made it to the top. Then for some reason a door opened and I ran out. I don't know what was in the door, it was only some form of "whiteness".

That's not even close to the weirdness of most of my dreams. IN fact I was happy to remember a dream that isn't completely crazy.

Regardless, I find it strange that I'm feeling the opposite effects of the people who are posting here.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I apologize for the double post as well..

I did forget to mention that I have been a little more mouthy than usual.

I simply attributed that to my energy gain.

However, I am not usually one to tell my friends that they are completely full of S***.

Well... not like that, anyway.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Here's an info request from you guys out there experiencing this phenomena.

1) Are you currently taking any prescription antidepressants?
2) Do you have a history of mental disorders?
3) Has the average daily temperature where you live been greater than 95 degrees Fahrenheit?
4) Do you have a history of alien abduction experiences?
5) Are you currently experiencing significant personal or family problems that either started or increased since roughly August 6, 2007?
6) Do you live within 50 miles of a government research facility or military base?
7) Do you meditate routinely?
8) Do you attend church on a routine basis?
9) Do you consider yourself athiest, or do not attend a religious facility regularly?
10) What do you think this syndrome should be named?

Just trying to get scientific about this syndrome. We need to establish a common set of symptoms, predisposing characteristics and then maybe we can find a cure.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Hey, you're not alone. It seems that a lot of people have been complaining about being very tired, even with plenty of sleep. All I can come up with is that the weather has been so back-and-forth lately that it has been toying around with our physical well beings.

I can't come up with anything to explain the weird dreams though; I have been having those as well. Really really random things. It could be some sort of collective conscious thing going around, as many of us have seen similarities between the bible's warnings of how the world will end and what is currently goin' on around the world. Floods, wars etc. You know what I mean. Well. I don't want to ramble on my first post so that's all for now.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I explain any tiredness I have due to the fact that the temperatures in my area have reached 105 officially in the shade. The temperatures have reached 100 and exceeded that most if not all days in the last 2 weeks and it seems to be ongoing. Maybe today was cooler, it was only in the upper 90's. I got more sleep during the weekend and I feel much better. I know the high heat decreases my appetite and then I end up with less energy. On the bright side, if you don't decrease your energy expenditures or the amount of activity you are doing in a day, you end up losing weight which is good for most Americans.

I expect to be feeling a big surge in energy sometime in September when the temperature starts getting colder in my area. October will be even better. That is if world news doesn't have a depressing effect (such as stocks going down, storms, droughts, war). My dreams haven't really changed.

I'll add a little piece of astronomical information. We are supposed to have another solar peak in solar storm activity around 2011, 2012. I have heard there is a possibility of a major solar storm which could knock out our power grid here in the US and around the world. There is a real chance this could be devastating and last for several months with no power. You can't even pump gas at the gas station without power. I think the world is full of too much bad news. It is harder to sleep peacefully at night when your mind is busy thinking of all the bad things that could happen. Concentrate on peaceful thoughts and think about one of the most pleasant comfortable settings before you fall asleep.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
There has been some strange energy in my personal life, trouble sleeping, people I know acting irrationaly etc. Perhaps there was a subtle energy fluctuation this weekend, solar flares or something.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I've also been more tired, sleeping more, and very dippy.(I'm talking doing things I normally don't do... distracted, and uncoordinated.) But, then agian I'm getting over a cold or something so that could have something to do with it...

I had a dream last night that my son was crawling, and he was so happy, laughing and giggling. I felt sad and distraught for some reason as I watched him crawl.

Also, my cousin called me up one night in the middle of the night... she was in the cemetary looking for my Mom's grave... she said she was compelled to go there... and the same thing happened to my aunt a few days before if that is anything to go by.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   
That's odd the day you posted that was one of the weirdest days of my life... (I remember what day it was because it was the day before school)

But yeah, I felt tired, Light-headed, and I had some of the weirdest thoughts I've ever had(almost demonic)

I fell off my trampoline and landed in the same position Jesus was crucified,

And a locust was in my room and kept flying into the fan until it killed itself. What struck me weird about that was the fact that the light wasn't on or anything.

[edit on 19-8-2007 by Mman19]

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 12:40 AM
link   
ive been waking up at 3:12 everynight on the dot, when i wake up my check my phone for the time straight away and everytime i have i have seen the time clock over from 3:11 to 3:12

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by arius

I will gladly be a part of your information gathering!

Nope. I tried them for a few days a few years back and hated them.

Oh, yes. Chronic depression and anxiety, and BPD.

3) Has the average daily temperature where you live been greater than 95 degrees Fahrenheit?
It's hung around that, but it's extremely humid. The heat index has put it around 105 degrees most days.

Nope.

5) Are you currently experiencing significant personal or family problems that either started or increased since roughly August 6, 2007?
Quite. But they've all been a long time coming. Some have gotten better in the last few days, actually; most have gotten worse.

6) Do you live within 50 miles of a government research facility or military base?
Not that I know of.

I did (I'm training for shamanism), but for the past few weeks I've felt an immense block. It's really been getting to me.

Nope.

9) Do you consider yourself athiest, or do not attend a religious facility regularly?
Nope. I practice animism, if you could call that a practice.

Temporary.

Interesting idea in working up a catalog.
I'm curious to see how this goes.

Take care, all.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 02:14 AM
link   
1) Are you currently taking any prescription antidepressants? Nope
2) Do you have a history of mental disorders? Nope
3) Has the average daily temperature where you live been greater than 95 degrees Fahrenheit? Yes but that's normal. If it were under 95 in the summer where I live that would be downright freaky. It has been more humid than usual though.
4) Do you have a history of alien abduction experiences? no way
5) Are you currently experiencing significant personal or family problems that either started or increased since roughly August 6, 2007? nope
6) Do you live within 50 miles of a government research facility or military base? yes, just about 30 miles from a large Air Force base. I'm also under the airspace of 3 airports. Lots of air traffic over head.
7) Do you meditate routinely? no
8) Do you attend church on a routine basis? yes
9) Do you consider yourself athiest, or do not attend a religious facility regularly? I'm sure not athiest
10) What do you think this syndrome should be named? a bunch of people feeling wonky

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by arius
Here's an info request from you guys out there experiencing this phenomena.

1) Are you currently taking any prescription antidepressants? [no]
2) Do you have a history of mental disorders? [no]
3) Has the average daily temperature where you live been greater than 95 degrees Fahrenheit? [not even close]
4) Do you have a history of alien abduction experiences? [no]
5) Are you currently experiencing significant personal or family problems that either started or increased since roughly August 6, 2007? [no]
6) Do you live within 50 miles of a government research facility or military base? [no]
7) Do you meditate routinely? [no]
8) Do you attend church on a routine basis? [no]
9) Do you consider yourself athiest, or do not attend a religious facility regularly? [not an athiest, but no church]
10) What do you think this syndrome should be named? [LIFE!!!]

Just trying to get scientific about this syndrome. We need to establish a common set of symptoms, predisposing characteristics and then maybe we can find a cure.

Perhaps we can develop a new drug for this

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by arius

Nope

Nope

Nope

Nope

Nope

Well, I live in Southern Seattle. You can guess how close I am to military personnel.

Daily

Not a bit, but I'm a Christian through and through.

As described above, I'm a Christian, and I don't attend a church, nor will I. I'm not interested in someone else interpreting what the Bible means to them. I can read, my God gave me that much intellect.

I don't really know....

Hyper-cognizant flatulitis maybe?

TheBorg

[Edited for content and P.S..]

P.S. Zarniwoop,

One medication comes to mind...

I hear Prozac keeps people's brains kind of quiet. Don't get me wrong, I like my voices. But sometimes, I'd just like em to be quiet for a few minutes so that I can do some thinking of my own.

[edit on 20-8-2007 by TheBorg]

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 03:49 AM
link   
The only yes is meditate daily. This weirdness started after the first time i ever meditated (1 week ago)

[edit on 20-8-2007 by dodgygeeza]

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBorg

P.S. Zarniwoop,

One medication comes to mind...

I hear Prozac keeps people's brains kind of quiet. Don't get me wrong, I like my voices. But sometimes, I'd just like em to be quiet for a few minutes so that I can do some thinking of my own.

No worries... It's all good

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by arius

No

No

No - The average is around 65 in upstate NY.

No.

No. -- However, I did get very irritated with my friend for being a pompous punk. That is solved, however.

No.

I'm in practically perpetual meditation. It is when I get irritated that I lose this.

No.

No; yes, both 8 and 9 can be answered with a "No."

Up Syndrome.

I would just like to point out to those who think this has to do with a collective consciousness... if this is true, then your "collective" has booted me out.
Funny, because I used to be the only one in that "collective" out of all the people I know personally.

My irritability subsided and the issue was solved easily. It certainly had nothing to do with the "Up Syndrome".

[edit on 20-8-2007 by TarzanBeta]

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join