It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else having strange dreams/feeling really tired the last couple of days???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I don't want to contribute to what could easily be something akin to mass hysteria or a "contagious" form of paranoia (this is a website dedicated to unusual phenomena, with a large share of it being committed to conspiracy theories, so one should probably take that into consideration when interpreting the implications of so many members reporting similar experiences, feelings, and sensations of anxiety, dread, etc.) however this thread reminded me enough of how I've felt intermittently lately to post anyway.

About two weeks ago, I too began seeing odd flashes of light and patterns. In my case, I was told first that I had an ocular migraine, and then that I had anterior vitreous detachment and was treated with prednisone for inflammation, but was then told I had neither and it resolved shortly thereafter. In addition, I have had a powerful impulse to go somewhere quiet, more rural or natural in setting, and get away from the city. It started with a powerful need to see the stars which overcame me one early morning, and grew to such an extent that I finally broke down and reserved three nights alone at a camp site on Angel Island for a couple of months from now. I fully intend to go. I have an overwhelming urge to leave the city and be somewhere quiet and secluded for some reason. I've never felt that before.

I haven't had an inordinate need for sleep, however normally I do, particularly in summer, as I am very photosensitive. I usually need tons of sleep, and the more sun I get the more I seem to require. I could sleep all night, yet still sleep for 12 hours simply because it's particularly bright one day. Yet lately I can't seem to sleep well at all, and I appear to be full of energy and tension. In my case, it's taken the positive form of motivation and additional physical activity, however it is still there and appears to be increasing. Of course, I could simply be unused to getting in shape, in which case this is a good thing lol.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Those flashes of light could be from your eyes being affected by UV rays. Even tanning at a salon will cause that. Keep in mind that visual attunements are also part of the process. Its not just ears that will be experiencing new things. If you are the type of person who tends to leave no time for yourself to tune out and let go it then you might be in for a 3 day wild ride unloading your conscious platform. Bravo!

[edit on 18-8-2007 by Here Now]

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Those flashes of light could be from your eyes being affected by UV rays. Even tanning at a salon will cause that. Keep in mind that visual attunements are also part of the process. Its not just ears that will be experiencing new things. If you are the type of person who tends to leave no time for yourself to tune out and let go it then you might be in for a 3 day wild ride unloading your conscious platform. Bravo!

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by CryoKeen

No need to worry, your not going to get banned for stating your opinion in a respectful and polite manner. In all fairness, your probably right, there are enough people on here with enough varying experiences to fill a thread with a title which is pretty vague. That, is my fault and I can only apologise if anyone feels like I may be wasting othres time. BUT I do feel this thread is justified. I was hesitent about posting this in the first place but I think, for me personally, its getting worse.

I litterally just woken up from another nap lasting a couple of hours (I got plenty of sleep last night) and I still feel 'drained'. (no dreams at all this time though)

To be honest, I'm getting a little worried.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Hey man,

Another aspect of your feelings could be from you enviroment. As we all begin to be more sensitive. Electrical fields , micro waves, and other devices that you might be surrounded by could be affecting you.If you purchased a new computer or sleep with anything near your head at night that put out a field. Maybe you live near those big towers they run power lines with. Also if your physical not ill or have been checked out as having nothing wrong then you may want to consider relationships that started when you began noticing the changes in yourself. Integrating relationships can tire you out, or maybe somebody is affecting your energy field unknowingly or on purpose. Not to scare you but could your neighbors want you out, I heard these people set up multiple microwaves in the ajoining home and left the open and going 24 hours a day and aimed them at the neighbors dislike.

Lastly, if you stay up later then a normal time for the body to sleep you can experience a need for greater sleep. I believe the body needs the hours between 10-2am to sleep to rest and regenerate itself.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by CryoKeen

Excellent critical thinking there, wish I had thought of it myself but my head is too fuzzy from all of the exhaustion! LOL

This thread may get lop-sided, if only because if a person is not experiencing anything unusual they are likely to skip this one.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   
This thread is interesting. Me and my wife have had all of these symptons recently. I'll try to describe them.

Just to let you know my wife doesn't read this site nor is really into any conspiracies. I tell her some stories mostly about the bush gang but dont really go into details. As soon as her eyes gloss over i stop.

The other night my wife was really axious, she had no idea why. The only thing she could explain is that she felt something was going to happen to me or our son.

Two days ago my wife told that she had a wierd dream where aliens were attacking everyone in a bunch of chaos. She was running thru the streets and she grabbed twins that were standing in the middle of the road.

Also, on friday (about 10 minutes before i read this thread) i was talking to my boss and trying to explain to him that i was abnormally tired lately and its not that i was sleepy tired just that i had felt drained. I have been getting plenty of sleep (actually more than normal).

Well thats my story for what its worth, i understand that if you ask enough people enough 'situations' that you're bound to get a match and mark it as 'spooky' but when i read this topic it really made me think.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Maybe ATS needs a "mood meter" of some sort. Something with readings like tired, sleepy, anxious, etc... that you click when you're signing in. and then a little graph that stays on the screen that shows the overall "condition" of all the ATSers.

Somebody go ahead and put that in the suggestions area.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Blue field entoptic phenomenon is normal. I can tell the difference between that and these flashes that I see.

The flashes feel as though they are going to hit me in the side of my head. I never see them straight on, only in peripheral. I react as though I'm going to be hit, I move. It zooms by me and is gone.

If it weren't for the fact that two other people have seen them in my home, the drinking bird disturbances I mentioned, and the fact that I don't tan or sometimes even leave my house for 3-4 days at a time, I would consider the UV thing.

I originally thought there was an energy disturbance in my home, after this thread I am reconsidering that.

I am a firm believer in 'everything happens for a reason' and it is possible that those experiencing this were meant to be in contact with each other somehow.

I understand that having a thread like this leaves the door open for everyone to vent their feelings, and of course once someone reads it they can say ' Yeah, I have been feeling weird lately'. However, I have talked to too many people in the past week who don't even know what ATS is that just in conversation, in an off handed manner, indicated that they have been feeling 'agitated and anxious'. Not simply weird, strange, tired, sad....but in particular Agitated and Anxious.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack

Last weekend I felt compelled to take by family 600 miles away to visit my grandparents. It was a completely inconvenient time but I felt I must do it.

I have been specifically avoiding the doomsday threads because I don't want to ramp up my anxiety level or have my perception colored by conjecture. By a remain vigilent - as for what I have no idea.

Although I'm not one to buy into this sort of thing I couldn't help but also mention that a few days ago for no apparent reason I started to have a sudden urge(and a strong one) to pick up and goto Vancouver....and Im in NYC.
I brought it up to my gf and she found it strange that I had had that feeling. She asked me "why" and couldn't give her anymore than "I don't know, I just want to go"

I haven't experienced the flashing light that some of you have but I have been sleeping a lot "heavier" lately and have been feeling very groggy at times.

I dunno, could be nothing and just a coincidence.

I find this all very interesting though.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Exactly the same is happening to me, extremely tired the last few days and having to lie down - no energy. Being a personal trainer it doesn't help to have absolutely no energy. I have found i have slept better but wake p utterly exhausted. I'v been hoping a thread like this would come up.

Last night, i had a dream but it felt so real. I don't usually dream very often but the last few days i seem to be getting very weird ones. I was in bed, but had a really stupid and pointless thought that i had an overwhealming need to research on the internet i went to my computer, switched it on, looked in my skylight and was overcome by the most horrifying terror - there was a HUGE black object in the sky - as soon as i saw it i couldn't move and i was completely paralysed by the most intense and real fear that i have ever experienced. I tried to scream but it sounded hollow and quiet, while desperately trying to breath. The next thing i knew i was back in bed (2:55am)

Also, i'v seen the "smoke" in my peripheral vision but thought it was just my mind playing tricks on me - that again has never happend before.

[edit on 18-8-2007 by dodgygeeza]

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I have been having wierd dreams recently also some night ihave dreams of true horror sickening flashes and torture and other nights i have strangely norma dreams of just going outside with my friends and nothing abnormal happens during them.
But the strangest part is while i was writting this i had the strange feeling than something didn't want me to write, i literally had to struggle just to continue writing, I am scared now more than i have been for a long time it was very creepy

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Yeah, I've been having some weird dreams lately. I even woke up three times last night, which is unusual for me. I have also been mentally and physically drained the past couple of days. Then again, today is my last day at work and I have been pretty stressed about it, so I don't know what to think.

[edit on 8/18/2007 by SonicInfinity]

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I had a dream a while back where I was running up a hill with a platoon of American soldiers holding xm8 rifles and behind me was a bombed out New York City in which the freedom tower was partially done and burning. In front of me were Russian soldiers. Holding weired flags. I was holding something along the lines of this (I suck at drawing on the computer):

I also had a badge on me with the words
"General War Czar of the Easgtern United States"
I tried to draw it a while back but I suck at it onthe computer:

I have been feeling tired recently though. I got 8 hours of sleep and was feeling like I got none.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I just wanted to say that I myself have had the urge to move lately and that all my friends who I have been in contact recently have also moved all around the country. I have been given information concerning this. Some may chalk it up to cooincidence but it seems its a move to reorganize people who are tapped into these higher energies that I discussed earlier. To be positioned in place to help when the time comes. I believe these moves are of your own free will. I think that its the universe(s) way of setting the stage for world events ahead. This may be why people are feeling anxious and tired, because choices are being made and energies are changing in our bodies do to our choices. If we let fear stop us from allowing our hearts from being followed then in a sense you could be working against your own free energy flow.

SP.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
lol maybe you guys are just getting old... jk

but ive also been having almost life-like dreams, i'm usually concious in them to but for some reason i can't really remember them, and its like the real world never existed,it was like ive been in that dream for years before i even had the dream. Not only that, ive been having dreams for almost everyday now since the end of July. I have also been feeling insecure these past few weeks as well... and sometimes when i wake up i feel like #.

[edit on 18-8-2007 by noobius0ne]

[edit on 18-8-2007 by noobius0ne]

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I have to say that I usually have sleep problems, either too much or too little with very vivid dreams, where I wake exhausted. But lately both my husband and I have been sleeping like dead folks and I am not dreaming. He is usually a very light sleeper, I can whisper his name and he wakes up, but the last week or so, he is out. I even turned on the light one night to read and he didn't move, although he was facing the lamp, completely unlike him. So.... don't know what it means, but there it is.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
hmmm i must say i havent been feeling extra tired latley juss my normal amount of lazy lol but the dreams that have been spoke about intrest me i feel theres more to dreams then we are even close to comprehanding yet.ive not had anydreams that i can remember for about 2 years now besides the occasional beyonce/shakira fantasy in wich we......never mind lol but as far as wierd dreams go i had a dream once that always stuck with me it was about a month before i moved in with my mother after my 18th b-day and i was at the time staying with a friend...now in the dream i was laying on the couch sleeping in an apartment id never seen before...but where it got wierd was i was lookin at myself from the corner of the room.at a me that was standing in front of the couch looking at the me that was asleep...now were it gets even stranger me is that thats all the dream was...nothing else just that for hours and when i finnaly moved in with my mother into a place she had just moved into that id never seen....there was the couch and the exact setup of the room in my dream...ever since then ive not had another significant dream besides the occasional fantasy.just thought id share that lol but what i really wanted to comment on was these flashes of light....thats been happening to me for the past few months.at first i thought nothing of it but my eyes were playing tircks on me but its interesting to see that its happend to other people.because it happens to my roomate as well now i disregarded that but it makes me kinda wonder...is it possable there mite be more going on with our minds at this time then we know?maybe its possable that we are catching glimpse's of another dimension?lnot saying that its fact but it would be an interesting thing to look into.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I've been quite tired and at a lose for energy for about a week and a half. i've been telling my wife all about my wild dreams too. its funny to see this posted here. although not really this site is all about strange things. my dreams are always very vivid and many times hard to distinguish from consciousness " reality " .but what is strange is the amount of death and the manner of death in all my dreams. plane crash, stabbed, shot, drowning in the ocean because of fire on top and couldn't surface for air. many dreams of dieing or being murdered until last night. Last night i had a dream of finding out an old friend died of blood poisoning by his microwave oven leaking radiation. i didn't die or see his death and i must say i feel better and more energetic then i have in weeks. i won't post a comment on why because i really would just be speculating as is anyone else who claims to know because dreams and the mind is so under studied and discovered as of yet. nice post anyway and at least we may find others with troubling dreams and how long we have been having them. sweet dreams all!

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
The Missus and I have been unusually tired as well recently. Even more peculiar I have been having a vivid recurring dream involving aliens. I would just like to say I am open minded about aliens however I have never seen one or an UFO or anything weird really and never really thought I ever would. However back to the dream in the dream I am living at the bottom of a valley (which I do) with two large mountains either side. In my dream dozens upon dozens of spaceships (flat and oblong in shape not saucerlike) are flying overhead and I gather my wife and kids and tell them its started lets get the hell out of here. When we get to my front door I llok up at the mountain ahead and on top is a Power station which these ships have attacked and it is in flames. Next thing I find myself at a harbour and I see the leader of the aliens I am hiding behind something with a pea shooter and I am blowing cocktail sticks at her without any effect. How weird is that. What do you think this dream is trying to tell me cos I aint got the foggiest lol.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join