It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Death of Martin Luther King

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Since you have a full plate of questions here at ATS, I will be to the point. Have you formed any opinions surrounding the events and people involved in the death of Martin Luther King?

Would you, at your convenience, share your thoughts on his murder, and those involved?

Thank you
NGC2736

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Like the assassination of JFK, a detailed investigation of the murder of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. could fill several books. Suffice it to say that as long as he stuck to civil rights, the Establishment did not like this but I doubt they would have been moved to kill him. But in the late spring of 1968, things came to a head. Robert Kennedy was a frontrunner for the Democratic nomination for President and Dr, King began to turn his efforts to the anti-Vietnam War movement. He was talking about organizing a million-man march on Washington to seek an end to the war and probably would have been successful in this. His death ended this initiative, just as RFK's death the very night he won the California Democratic nomination (which pretty much cinched the national nomination) ended his quest for the Presidency. RFK had just told people in California that he could not do anything about the death of his brother until he had the power of the Presidency. This means, he knew that federal agencies were involved and he needed control over them. King represented the peaceful side of American politics. By getting in the way of the "military-Industrial Complex," he sealed his doom. His death, in fact any death, is easy to cover up when you control the investigation as well as culpable government agencies.

Jim Marrs

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   
NGC2736 , William Pepper is the guy you want to check out. I believe his findings while representing the King Family in the 1999 wrongful death lawsuit is essential to understanding the MLK assassination. As Mr. Marrs above, Dr. Pepper believes King's involvement in the anti-war movement lead to his assassination.

I also believe that examining the MLK assassination can give us insights into the MO employed in the murder of JFK.

Would you agree Mr. Marrs that the MO employed in both assassinations would be similar?

Check out the video, although it is over 2 hours in length it is extremely interesting. Not only was there a Mafia hit taken out on MLK, there was also a US government sniper team on standby in case the first team failed in its assassination attempt!!

Google Video Link

/off topic

PS: Mr. Marrs, I recently viewed footage from the 2003? Aztec conference. Your analysis of the use of tabloids was excellent and I'm still looking into the Arecibo message you pointed out, Great stuff! (although I can't find any analysis of the crop circle, ie radioactivity, exploded nods etc.)

[edit on 30/12/07 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I haven't read Mr. Pepper's book but I just finished watching the linked video and strongly recommend it to anyone interested in 911 or the JFK assassination and obviously the King assassination.

The resonances are strong all over the place. The same perps and the same M.O., including an implied suggestion as to how George Bush may have been able to watch the impact on the North Tower a day before anyone else in the world saw it.

At the very end of the interview, Mr. Pepper reveals that he represents the government of Pakistan in their efforts to recover funds stolen by former leaders of that nation. This is in response to a question about his take on 911. He says that he is quite familiar with the government scene in Pakistan and although he hadn't come to overall conclusions about 911, one matter connected with it raised questions in his mind.

He said that he was interested in the wire transfer arranged by General Ahmad of the ISI to Mohammed Atta and wondered if that transfer was part of a rogue operation within ISI or was an event steered from overseas by allied intelligence services in Britain or the US.

My thread "Is General Ahmad to People What WTC 7 is to Buildings on 911?" discusses some possibilities in that regard.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Mr. Pepper has an outstanding grasp of what is going on with the media today with regard to controversial issues and illustrates this several times in connection to the lack of publicity of his work, of various eyewitnesses who have come forward and of the findings of court cases related to the King murder.

All in all, this is a first class presentation and deserves a wide viewing.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
It is very instructive to look at the details of the Wrongful Death civil suit adjudicated in 1999. Here it was found that conspiracy resulted in Dr. Kiing's death. But, of course, you never heard much about this from the corporate-controlled mass media and no one in the FBI or Justice Dept, seemed interested.

Jim Marrs

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   
As I mentioned earlier, I haven't read Mr. Pepper's book, but one of the things that intrigues me about the King murder is how the murderers knew that he would go out to the balcony of the motel.

I was listening to Mr. Pepper's presentation again and there is a part where he is talking about a man named Johnny McFerrin, a black community leader, who was shopping in a wholesale store run by Frank Loberto, the mafioso who organized the hit on King. McFerrin, while in the store on the day of the killing, overheard Loberto, talking on the telephone, say words to the effect of "shoot the SOB when he comes out onto the balcony."

Similarly, the army snipers were positioned to take advantage of an appearance by King on the balcony.

My question for Mr. Marrs or anyone is, was there someone in King's party who betrayed him by encouraging him to go out on the balcony?

I posted the above a couple of hours ago and managed to get back to it for an edit that I'd rather include with the post than as a separate post:

Andrew Young was, according to Mr. Pepper, also supposed to be targeted that day. End of pithy paragraph.

Why is the above paragraph so pithy? Let me explain. The scenario, as I understand it, was that King and his entourage would appear on the balcony and King and Young would be shot. I'm only a security guard but I see problems with that scenario.

First problem. As I understand it there was only one mafia shooter. I think the crowded balcony scenario and only one shooter with two targets doesn't work. Not for me, anyway.

Where was Andrew Young, the supposed other target? He and Jesse Jackson were down below the balcony in a parking lot. Fortunate for him right? Targeted but not shot. Lucky man. But there's another problem. The original question was why did King go out onto the balcony?

I don't know about the King assassination. I haven't read the book, but has anybody besides me thought the unthinkable, that King went out to the balcony BECAUSE Young was in the parking lot with Jackson?

Did King have one or maybe two Judases in his life?

P.S.: The army snipers and spotters, who were supposed to backup the mafia shooter failed to mop up Young. That's not like them. Maybe Young wasn't a target after all.

[edit on 12-1-2008 by ipsedixit]

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Mr. Pepper's findings are so compelling, that I thought I should google around a little and see what I could find on other websites. His version of events has come under heavy fire from debunkers. The contempt level is pretty intense in some quarters. He's called a gullible crackpot, etcetera.

I imagine if this topic generated the same level of interest as 9/11 there would be the same sort of "pork chop hill" style battles going on in this forum over each point he raised. The contrast between the two topics is amusing. If you google around you find that Pepper has really raised hackles in certain quarters.

You can get a feel for what I'm talking about if you check out these sites:

www.teachervision.fen.com...

www.crimemagazine.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
This video combines a short retelling of the career of Martin Luther King with a look into the notion that he died as a result of a conspiracy. The film doesn't cover the subject in the depth that Mr.Pepper's presentation does, but it gives a good picture of the temper of the times.

It mentions that a number of Mr. Kings followers were horsing around in the parking lot outside his room prior to the asassination. The day's schedule had been disrupted because of the cancellation of a dinner I believe. No obvious indication of a plot to get him out onto the balcony, but the film doesn't go into the sort of depth of detail that would rule it out either.

Happy Martin Luther King day. My world is richer because he lived and so is yours.

Google Video Link

[edit on 21-1-2008 by ipsedixit]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Thanks for all the input. I too have long thought there was more than just another nut with a gun in town that day.

It is a shame that in such a short span of time we lost the Kennedys and King. The world might have been a much different place if they had lived.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
It is a shame that in such a short span of time we lost the Kennedys and King. The world might have been a much different place if they had lived.

I know what you mean and I've often thought the same thing about many others whose lives were cut short. But then I have to stop and remind myself, "They did live."

It's just that what they purchased for humanity is very expensive. They only made the downpayment, a big lump sum. We have to make the yearly, monthly, daily payments. These payments never stop.

With the errosion of the constitution, the creation of the Patriot Act and other measures undertaken by the Bush administration, and especially with the passive way these initiatives are being accepted by the public, I wonder if some future generation of enslaved people, talking about us, will be saying, "If only THEY had lived."

[edit on 22-1-2008 by ipsedixit]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Howdy Ipsedixit,

I don't think future generations will wish "if only we had lived" (although I get your point). I think future generations will either look back on us as a bunch of self-indulgent and misguided fools or they won't think of us at all in their daily struggle for survival.

Jim Marrs

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Jim Marrs

You are probably right, Jim. People today seem to carry on as if history never happened, and as if the golden rule was made to be broken. We are living in a singularly stupid time which will probably be seen by future generations as an era of sleepwalking leading to catastophe.

There is a horrible feeling of cyclic folly about our time. I don't know if you have read Barbara Tuchman's, The Proud Tower, but the similiarities between our time and the prelude to World War 1 are striking. Rampant militarism, terrorist outrages, rivalries for resources, the lavish decadence of the wealthy, a large ineffectual peace movement; the picture painted is like an image of our own times. The only thing missing is the Orwellian gobbledygook spewed out nowadays. It's an awful time for people who know history.

[edit on 31-1-2008 by ipsedixit]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I must interject here that each of us is responsible for keeping the spirit of those who have paid the unltimate price........
We are only too quick to laud these past heroes, and slow to emulate them.
They died to a man, because they were willing to stand in that place where their lives could be forfit for the things they believed in,and struggled so hard for.
Nobody ever gets assassinated for keepingh their mouths shut in the face of inequality and abuse.
It takes a great deal more courage to stand out from the crowd and stand for true democracy,equality, and freedom,than most people can find within themselves.
History is filled with the stories of such martyrs.
I find it heartening that there are still some who are willing to speak the truth whatever the cosequences.
Recently, i believe JE Rays brother has offered some new information in this investigation.
According to him JE Ray was an MK Ultra treainee....
bergle

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit

Where was Andrew Young, the supposed other target? He and Jesse Jackson were down below the balcony in a parking lot. Fortunate for him right? Targeted but not shot. Lucky man. But there's another problem. The original question was why did King go out onto the balcony?

I don't know about the King assassination. I haven't read the book, but has anybody besides me thought the unthinkable, that King went out to the balcony BECAUSE Young was in the parking lot with Jackson?

Did King have one or maybe two Judases in his life?

P.S.: The army snipers and spotters, who were supposed to backup the mafia shooter failed to mop up Young. That's not like them. Maybe Young wasn't a target after all.

I've just read this thread - and yes there was a second Judas in King's party and his name is Jess Jackson - which is why Mrs King has had as little to do with him as possible ever since... and why Jackson has has been allowed to spew unimpeded ever since...hes a good little "fireman"...

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by realshanti

I would really like to ask William Pepper why King wound up on the balcony. The evidence cited by him indicates that the whole plan depended and was predicated on King going out to the balcony. It seems clear that someone in his party, whether Young, Jackson, or somebody else set up a situation in the parking lot that would end in King coming out onto the balcony or possibly out to the parking lot himself.

People must know who it is, but it has been hushed up. Jackson's exaggerated behavior after the shooting . . . is very suspicious.

[edit on 5-8-2008 by ipsedixit]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
The Texas bulldozer Johnson and Nixon were common criminals they murdered JFK, RK and MLK and countless others .It was the nature of these guys. not just bad politicians.Actually they were Criminals like the Mafia no difference. America has been under this gangs criminal tactics ever since.
We can doodle about the specifics , but the real issue is what Is America going to do to regain it's self.
Forget freedom thats a bunch of hooey you have been led to believe .
In reality America is not a sovereign country .
it never won the war of independence even.
these were myths to make the American people ignorant vassals.
so many lies have been heaped so high ,Americans are and will always be in the dark and ignorant. The true masters of America will kill them and steal from the American people what ever they want. And this is the real tragedy
,this is what must be brought into the light of day and laid bare for the American people to understand the whole truth. So as to make the American people understand reality. So few Americans look into their past to find out what is the truth.
probably only 1 in 100,000 knows that The United States of America is a Corporation.
a sovereign but not a sovereign Nation. that all of the colonies were set up by corporations and not people.
it is a tragedy and an embarrassment for America as much as it is for the people . If Americans would only look into who they are and what place they have in this world .it would go along way to making the people of the USA understand reality .

[edit on 6-8-2008 by solo1]

top topics

join