It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chevron Refinery Fire Contained

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Chevron oil refinery, the largest in the nation, has burned down
lookout for rising gas prices....

www.wlox.com...

mod edit to clarify event--title change, was Chevron burns down largest U.S. refinery

[edit on 17-8-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Title is a little misleading, Chevron didn't burn it down, there was an accidental fire.

Your title makes is sound like it was done on purpose. Uh oh, did I really say that, now all the "die hards" will be in here claiming it was done on purpose...

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
Title is a little misleading, Chevron didn't burn it down, there was an accidental fire.

Your title makes is sound like it was done on purpose. Uh oh, did I really say that, now all the "die hards" will be in here claiming it was done on purpose...

oops you're right, it does sound that way, sorry if i mislead you , it was not intentional.

anyways we welcome the "die hards"... my kind of peoples

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Now if I were a paranoid person, I would think that they not only burned it down to raise gas prices, but all that insurance money will come in handy when the aliens land and give us "free energy".

Besides, a real paranoid would be sure that GWB had a hand in it, simply because he is guilty of being an evil shape shifting reptilian.

Seriously, this will hurt gas prices bad, as most refineries start making heating oil once the summer driving season slows down. I'll bet winter, if it's even halfway bad, will see heating oil prices really go through the roof.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Wow, 3 replies and nobody said the T word yet?

I say it was a pigeon strapped with explosive thermite and a GPS detonator set loose by the free energy people!

But whatever the cause, be it GWB's reptilian deathray eyeball or pigeon crap clogging a valve, i'll bet they'll use it as an excuse to eek out a few billion more in profit over it.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
A "Freudian slip," happens of course when you tell the truth.

Inadvertently Chevron has every cui bono to do exactly what the title suggests, with the general oil consortium. Besides the industry has so limited refinery development for twenty seven years, that it fits the trend of artificial scarcity and high prices.

[edit on 17-8-2007 by SkipShipman]

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Can't you edit the title?????? I pretty sure you can unless you want it to stay?
It is very misleading.....it is an asumption on your part not the facts....at least not yet. if you know what I mean. hehe

[edit on 17-8-2007 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I edited the title to reflect the event.

The plant is appraently still operating as they investigate the cause of the fire that affected part of the refinery.

Chevron's largest U.S. refinery continued production Friday while teams assessed damage caused by a fire Thursday in one section of the sprawling facility.

biz.yahoo.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

thank you for editing, it really was unintentional.
cheers

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I used to live in Pascagoula... The fire may have been started by and over zealous crack head trying to get that one last hit...

sorry, I think in lived in the wrong part of that town. It seems like after Katrina every crack head in the nation migrated to the area to make some quick cash and feed the habit.

[edit on 19-8-2007 by Viszet Oki]

[edit on 19-8-2007 by Viszet Oki]

new topics

top topics

join