It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Superman and the Relationship of N to TEN (10)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   

In the world of “gematria”, one of the basic accepted truths is that words of “equal value” share a necessary “esoteric significance”. What this means is that if we add the value of any given word, and if another word shares the identical value, then this means that there is an “esoteric significance”.

The fact that words have shared mathematical values becomes a “mystical reality” and so the words are seen to be “mystically connected". A word of caution: Do not buy so easily into this simplistic definition.In truth, although words may surely be interconnected via simple Gematria (ordinal addition), or “adding up the ordinal placement of the letters”, the assumption that this exercise reveals an "esoteric" or "hidden significance", is grossly in error.

illuminatusobservor.blogspot.com...

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread/Post Reply Page): AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts or simple "I agree" posts when replying to threads. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites that supports the thread; please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item as it relates to the thread.

[edit on 17/8/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Man, you've got me hooked now.

I just got finished my reveries on the letter "e". Now you hand us this little bit of chicanery.

The relationship of "N" to 10.

Well, 10 is represented by the letter yod, the hand. N is represented by nun, the sign of a fish.

Nun is actually an elongated letter yod once you see it in perspective.

The sign of the fish has resonance for Christians and Piscians in general; the number 10 stands for completion in the physical world; i.e., 10 commandments, ten plagues on egypt, Jerusalem conquered 10 times etc.

Now, the hebrew word for ten, eser, doesn't contain the sound of "n."

When you mention Superman, to you mean the Cartoon hero with a gem on his chest? Or do you mean Nietzsche's "Oebermann."

Because, see Nietzsche's Superman ends with an extra "n." Because in German, "man" means somebody, a person. "Mann" (with two n's) signifies the male human.

Nietzsche's Oebermann has "an extra n." Is he more studly than the American Clark Kent, that foppish dandy who lacks the vir of his Teutonic counterpart? Is there veritas in vir - itas? In vino, veritas.

Now the value of nun is 50, which is 40 more than 10. So the connection betweeen N and 10 is . . . 40. The number of purgation, of cleansing, as the world was cleansed of its wickedness by forty days and forty nights of rainfall. As the Son of Man/n was cleansed by fasting in the wilderness slowly, for 40 days.

Man is represented in hebrew by a variety of words. Adam, ruddy, refers to man as virile and newly created. 'Ish refers to man as a tough and ready warrior. Enosh on the other hand, typifies man as a feeble weakling, who makes errors and lacks strength--he who runs and grows weary.

So, Enosh is man, but 'Ish is Mann.

Superman himself is juxtaposed against the legion of doom, 10 of whom are of terrestrial origin. His own Justice League of America, the original seven, plus the implied "missing Hero" add implies a connection to the 8 immortals of Chinese mythology.

Had enough?

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Hey brotherforchrist

How have you been the past couple of months?

TheFetch made some interesting correlations here:

Superman post

Of which I have not yet had time to delve into....

[edit on 17-8-2007 by Tamahu]

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 03:56 AM
link   
edited to delete

[edit on 19-8-2007 by spirit7]

top topics

join