It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peru see's earthlights in the sky before earthquake.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I am not sure if this story was posted on ATS yet, so I apologize if it was. But there is some video on here of possible lights in the sky just before the earth quake.

Peru's Earth light Video

What does everyone think?

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
it is a natural occurrence when large sections of tectonic plates move in opposite directions and cause earthquakes, large amount of energy is released and these lights arre somehow formed by it. they have been seen before prior to large earthquakes. it was in the mainstream media also.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
DarkHeart,

I'm curious. You mentioned these lights "somehow" form during an earthquake. Could you elaborate for me please. This is the first I have heard of this particular phenomenon.

OP- Good post. I don't know what to make of the lights. They really need to be proven to correspond with the quake itself IMHO.

Becker

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Earthquake Lights
Article #83
by T. Neil Davis

This column is provided as a public service by the Geophysical Institute, University of Alaska Fairbanks, in cooperation with the UAF research community. T. Neil Davis is a seismologist at the institute.

When scientists are skeptical about the existence of reported phenomena, they often try to cover up under a layer of humor. Such an attempt by one seismologist led him to remark that "the chapter on earthquake lights is the darkest in seismology."

No longer does this subject lurk in the shadows of scientific skepticism. Among the more illuminating observations that have brought this topic out into the scientific light of day are those acquired by a Japanese dentist. He managed to photograph earthquake lights occurring during a ten-year earthquake swarm starting in 1965.

While seismologists are not yet certain of the cause of earthquake lights, they now are highly interested. Not only is it certain that earthquakes can cause lights in the sky; it seems possible that the lights sometimes occur before earthquakes and so serve as warning precursors.

One of the more logical explanations of the cause of earthquake lights is the piezoelectric effect. Certain materials, including quartz, respond to changes in pressure by changes in electrical voltage across their surfaces. The idea is that, as quartz-bearing rocks are stressed, they might produce such high voltages that lightning-like discharges could occur in the air above.

Earthquake lights have been described as looking like auroral streamers diverging from a point on the horizon. Beams like those from a searchlight have been reported. Other reports describe sheets or circular glowing regions, either touching the ground or in detached clouds above ground.

The lights seem to show up best during the time of the main shock of an earthquake and also before and after. From a practical viewpoint, the lights before an earthquake seem most interesting since they shed light on the occurrence of the next large earthquake.

So far, no earthquake lights have been reported in Alaska.

Link

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
ive heard of this phenomenon. its supposedly from the plates rubbing to gether causing an electrical discharge into the atmosphere. However this is a crumby video... the type i take with my camera. you see what appears to be a star and alot of peoples feat and than some lightning and more feat. No idea if that was a year ago or right before the earthquake. But im sure more videos will surface if those lights were unusual enough for people to notice.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
There are some actual film of quake lights as they happen made in Japan during one of their quakes, I think in the 90's. I have seen it and it is quite interesting.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Becker44
DarkHeart,

I'm curious. You mentioned these lights "somehow" form during an earthquake. Could you elaborate for me please. This is the first I have heard of this particular phenomenon.

OP- Good post. I don't know what to make of the lights. They really need to be proven to correspond with the quake itself IMHO.

Becker

i think PROJECTDREAMLAND coverd it in his post.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Becker44
DarkHeart,

Becker

Well, now that you ask. I ran across a link from Jeff Rense's website that linked to Earth Files about a possible crop circle warning about an earthquake between the dates of August 16th - 18th. What they did was take the crop circle formation and noticed it match the old Mayan scribes by numbers.

I know this sound nuts, but I was seeing if anyone else every heard of lights in the sky appearing before an earthquake.

I am sure it's probably nothing though.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Haarp Sig, AMIRITE?
The elite is psychopathic, they are not going to build anything that doesn't have a dual use as a weapon. **** to all this fluffy nonsense about studying the aurora. Check out the 1975(5) UN declaration on weather weapons. Also commander Alex Jones has interviewed Ben Livingston, father of weather weapons.

[edit on 2-12-2008 by HiAliens]

[edit on 2-12-2008 by HiAliens]

new topics

top topics

join