It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did aliens build the pyramids & other monuments?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
This may have been discussed before, apologies if it has. Did aliens build the pyramids & other monuments? Or help in their creation? Is there any evidence for this? Probably the most well known believer in this theory, and I think the one that started it all, is Erich von Däniken, who won instant fame as a result of the television special "In Search of Ancient Astronauts," based upon his first book Chariots of the Gods. Has anyone read any of von Däniken's books? Is there any evidence for his claims? Do we not give ancient man enough credit for these amazing works of art? What do you think about this subject? I don't fully support this idea but it makes for great and interesting discussion. Picture below and afew interesting facts about the biggest pyramid at Giza.

Pyramid at Giza, The exact number of stones was orginally estimated at 2,300,000 stone blocks weighing from 2-30 tons each with some weighing as much as 70 tons. Computer calculations indicate 590,712 stone blocks were used in its construction. It area covers 13.6 acres with each side greater than 5 acres in area.

There are supposedly 144,000 casing stones, all highly polished and flat to an accuracy of 1/100th of an inch, about 100 inches thick and weighing about 15 tons each with nearly perfect right angles for all six sides. Computer calculations indicated 40,745 casing stones were used averaging 40 tons each before the face angle was cut.

The average casing stone on the lowest level was 5 ft. long by 5 ft. high by 6 ft. deep and weighed 15 tons. The casing stones weighing as much as 20 tons were placed with an accuracy of 5/1000ths of an inch, and an intentional gap of about 2/100ths of an inch for mortar.

The casing stones for the Great Pyramid were cut in quarries from Tura and Masara located on the east bank of the Nile on outskirts of Cairo.

The mortar used is of an unknown origin. It has been analyzed and it's chemical composition is known but it can't be reproduced. It is stronger than the stone and still holding up today. The cornerstone foundations of the pyramid have ball and socket construction capable of dealing with heat expansion and earthquakes. The four corner sockets are at different heights. The vertical distance between the highest and lowest is 17 inches. The reference point known as the "mean socket level", or base level, is generally used as the reference for height and perimeter measurements. The "sidereal socket level" is the mean of just the SW and SE socket heights.

It was built in just 20 years and is lined up exactly with the North Pole, less than one tenth of a degree out. It is thirty times larger than the Empire State Building(in mass), the Pyramid's features are so large they can be seen from the Moon. The oldest structure in existence, having been started almost 5000 years ago, it is the sole remnant of the Seven Wonders of the World.

[edit on 17/8/07 by ProjectDreamland]

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
While I like the idea of aliens building pyramids I don't believe they did, simply because their an unnecessary parameter in the equation. I think they're fully man-made and it's an amazing accomplishment by one of the oldest civilisations ! Egypt is remarkable indeed.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Ah, I thought so, apologies. I will search ATS in future before posting a new topic. Close thread if you wish.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
If you have an alternative theory or such, you may wish to discuss it.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
It amazes me that some think
so poorly of the human race,
that "aliens" must have built
some of these structures.

Truly, I'm amazed.

Tales such as this make for a great
read on a rainy weekend, but to
actually think we're so ignorant, not
to have built these ourselves is,
IMO preposterous.

Just my 2 cent,
Lex

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
If people built it, and nobody in our time has yet offered a conclusive blueprint and plan showing how we could exactly duplicate it, then either smarter folk built it, or smarter non humans. We want to be the smartest ever, the first people this smart, and therefore we avoid any theories which require smarter people than us. It is likely we now have the means to copy it, but I feel that it has not been more than a couple of decades that we have been able to, if in fact we can, which is unproven.
The great pyramid is great, and I feel that since it is on earth, likely earthlings built it. Even if little green men in saucers built it, I bet they would be earthlings, though I find the theory men built it more likely.
Why it was built, and what purpose all the intricate, and advanced design features are incorporated into it have, is another story. I say it is a final calling card from folks who knew they were toast and chose to leave a note to say 'we were here'.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
1-Great pyramid mystery (nearly) solved- ENG subs
last i heard is this theory will be tested on the "GP" site itself within a few months

2-et's built pyramids?-discovery channel

[edit on 17-8-2007 by themaster1]

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackGuardXIII
I say it is a final calling card from folks who knew they were toast and chose to leave a note to say 'we were here'.

Great post BlackGuardXIII

I agree with you, as I said, or rather one of my questions was, do we really give ancient men the credit that they deserved for creating these true wonders of the world? I don't think we do. Really, having never lived in that era, nobody really knows what ancient man was capable of achieving in this time period, but we can certainly see it here with the pyramids.

[edit on 17/8/07 by ProjectDreamland]

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
People built them period. There are ancient writings about the construction of the pyramids, using some sort of wooden type crane.. Also they further back they go in history the greater the civilizations they discover. I personally believe humans are a race that suffer amnesia. alot also may have been lost in the dark ages. Ethier way I believe 100% men made them and there is absolutely no evidence to contradict that hypothesis.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProjectDreamland
This may have been discussed before, apologies if it has. Did aliens build the pyramids & other monuments? Or help in their creation? Is there any evidence for this? Probably the most well known believer in this theory, and I think the one that started it all, is Erich von Däniken, who won instant fame as a result of the television special "In Search of Ancient Astronauts," based upon his first book Chariots of the Gods. Has anyone read any of von Däniken's books? Is there any evidence for his claims? Do we not give ancient man enough credit for these amazing works of art? What do you think about this subject? I don't fully support this idea but it makes for great and interesting discussion. Picture below and afew interesting facts about the biggest pyramid at Giza.

Yes They did, there is no way Humans beings could do it alone without the help of E.T

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

new topics

top topics

join