It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why do religious conservatives oppress?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
In my past religious conservatives are brazen in forcing you to not say or bring up a free thought. Now I know emotions, feelings..etc.. but why do conservative religous people live by pc feelings and attitudes, I didn't really take to that thinking as it was boring, just wondering why people who are deeply religious cant handle 9-11 conspiracy theories, or hear people say, "the president is a lying thief whore for england or corporations" ..etc. just quoting general beliefs by the way.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Mastermind77 I don't understand what exactly the point of your post is. Political correctness (I assume what you mean by pc ) can hardly be associated with the nut jobs known as religious fundamentalists who I don't regard as conservatives. Of course the religious fundamentalists spew chips if you don't subscribe to there beliefs or put up with there hypocrisie.

IMO if you want the real deal in terms of Conservativeism(SP?) look up Barry Goldwater.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I'm kind of puzzled by this post as well.

Religious people of all faiths can be strong believers in various conspiracy theories, plus I would say tend to not be politically correct on many issues.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   
First off, these people arent Conservatives. Theyre psychos who took advatage of a particularly unstable period in Conservativism.

Second, they do it for the same reason a group wants to take my guns away or ban a particular breed of dog or tell me I cant smoke pot or tell me I cant pay afor my own private doctor or take my money away or force me to comply with global warming scams or any other thing some clump of people think they know better than I want to push their views on the rest of the world.

There's always some one out there who thinks they know how you should live your life and feel this unholy and immoral obligation to force you to comply with their views.

From the evangelical mascarading as a Conservative to the eco-nut taxing my lightbulbs to the frightened yuppie wanting to kill my dog and melt my rifle to the beurocrats who thought invading another country was a good idea nobody seems capable of minding their own damn business.

Remember these fundies the next time you think you know whats best for someone.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   
First of all, political correctness is NOT a conservative concept.

Secondly, most of the people you are talking about are brainwashed and believe everything that is spoon fed to them via their pastor or mainstream ideas.

[edit on 21-8-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Witch Hunt

part III of 'Fear'

The night is black,
Without a moon.
The air is thick and still.

The vigilantes gather on
The lonely torchlit hill.

Features distorted in the flickering light,
The faces are twisted and grotesque.
Silent and stern in the sweltering night,
The mob moves like demons possesed.
Quiet in conscience, calm in their right,
Confident their ways are best.

The righteous rise
With burning eyes
Of hatred and ill-will.

Madmen fed on fear and lies
To beat and burn and kill.

They say there are strangers who threaten us,
In our immigrants and infidels.
They say there is strangeness, too dangerous
In our theatres and bookstore shelves,
That those who know what's best for us
Must rise and save us from ourselves.

Quick to judge,
Quick to anger,
Slow to understand

Ignorance and prejudice
And fear
Walk hand in hand.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
the basis for my belief is the right wing radio hosts, they say one thing, do another, and defend themselves with a very convincing yet totally obsurd argument. Its typical for me to come away from listening to prager or medved with a sense of "what a bunch of morons" in my head. Not because they are stupid, but because they are paradigm manipulators, they argue about things that wouldnt exist if we didnt have or start out using heirarchical systems of control, oppression and if greed never entered the equation, oh yeah laziness too.

Money drives these people, just like liberals, they just want paradise with a lack of diversity while claiming they are fair, but then I see the white house and all its affairs, the congress, normal average people.. just because someone has money, doesnt default make them a decider, but wait in this world it does, I guess thats why cannabis users still get thrown into bad situations these conservative fascists love to see and mock ignorantly out of control fetish. Which the drug war and legal system pretty much prove my impitous for this thread. And no the drug war isnt via just liberals or conservatives, it was conservatist ideals used that started it, using the ignorance of conservative and liberals and wealthy city goers to ratify the drug wars beginnings. But nonetheless religious conservatives use the Godlessness coin alot, and I would have to say the accuser is more godless than the one who practices living without a repressed or sheltered existence

[edit on 19-9-2007 by mastermind77]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
This post is very bizarre and non sensical, maybe you should try again or try not typing when you are tripping

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Mastermind77 is English your first language ?
I ask but I still don't really don't get your point or how your 2nd post ties in with the first one.
Cheers xpert11.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mastermind77

There is a certain reoccurring glue with religious zealots adhesively sticking themselves and their followers with the conservative party- I believe it has to do with the notion of "morals" as many conservatives share gay marriage ideals and similar absurdities that should never have been served on a political platter.

Also, many conservative candidates pander to religionists because of the votes they offer- rather than working for smart votes- many conservative screw-ups are and have gotten into the bad habit of head counting for votes. This has destroyed the conservative credibility because the conservative party is supported by a bunch of superstitious whack jobs like Mike Huckabee and such.

Hypocrisy by proxy if you will. Religion has survived not by the good contributions- but by riding on the coattails of politicians. Where there is religion- there is lots money and where there is lots of money- there are conservatives collecting, liberals too- but I am addressing conservatives.

Edited for /sp

[edit on 22-3-2008 by dk3000]

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
True religious 'conservatives' do not oppress.

Religious ZEALOTS do. There's a difference.

new topics

top topics

join