It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Changing IP address

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schmidt1989
Is there a way I can change my IP address? I have cable internet, and windows vista home premium if that helps.

Is your ip Static or Dynamic. If your ip is static then you cannot change your ip address. Otherwise your ip address is dynamic, you can change your ip address following the procedures:

1.Simply turn off or unplug your modem for about five minutes. (You don't have to turn your computer off.)
2.If that doesn't work, try unplugging your modem overnight and checking your IP address the next morning.

After that you can check your ip address change or not using the site IP-Details.com here it display Internet service provider, IP address, location and so on...

edit on 6-9-2013 by twistys because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Most internet providers try to retain your existing WAN IP address they have gotten better at doing that. However it's still possible to change it. Back in the day all you would do is release and renew, and the dchp server would usually assign you a new IP. If it still works the only way I know how is to spoof a new mac address into your network card and then tell your router to clone that mac address instead of using it's own. Doing this and resetting the router it should look entirely new to the DHCP server on the ISP's network and you should pull a new WAN IP.
edit on 8-9-2013 by sean because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Changing an IP address is as simple as tinkering with your router.

1) Turn off your modem. Make sure your router is turned on.
2) In your browser, type 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 to access your router's configuration menu. Kindly refer to your manual.
3) Find "Clone MAC address" and enable it. For the letters you can only enter from A to F and the numbers 0 to 99. For example: FF A1 D3 99 0C 42
4) After entering the MAC codes you have randomly entered, save it and turn off your router.
5) Turn on your modem and your router. You now have a new IP address.

Before doing this, check your IP address first to see whether your IP address has changed after enabling clone MAC address. To check your IP address, just google "What is my IP".

This may or may not work with your ISP. In case you get stuck and can't access the internet, kindly wait 30 minutes. If this doesn't work, disable Clone MAC address. Turn off your modem and router and wait for at least 30 minutes before turning it on. This only means that it is not compatible with your ISP.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

rootlevelaccess
reply to post by CPYKOmega

Ethernet works at the Data link layer. IP addressing is a function of the Network layer.Swapping cards wont allocate you a new IP, your router does that.

if you swap ethernet cards you will get a new IP. new MAC address as well
im sure there are easier ways than switching ethernet card though, even though thats not too hard

top topics

<< 1   >>

join