It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guitarists! I need your help!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Now, I've got most of "Canon Rock" By Jerry C down (minus a few bits of sweep picking). But I just cant get the right sound. I know for the song he uses a few different subtle effects, none of which I have. So could someone please give me some basic amp settings to get a close sound?

Thank you very very very much.

Cug

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Schmidt1989

Hummmm what's all ^^^^^^^^^ that stuff?

Anyway....

That basic sound comes from a single coil, a high gain preamp, and a delay/reverb.

You never said what you have, so just crank the gain and reverb and you will get about as close as you are going to get without any effects.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
What amp/guitar do you have?

youtube.com...

Ibanez Jem 20th ^ Heh

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
cool playing over the howe backing track,was that for a greg howe.com comp or something?I got a mail not long ago from his website with a couple of backing tracks,wish i had the time and talent to play over them

back on topic-Does he realy play that on a single coil?I have single pups in my strat(texas specials)and a JB JNr in the bridge that acts as a humbucker but looks like a single.(pictued to the left in my hands)
Personaly i would alternate between neck and bridge pups for dynamics but as long as you know it you can do whatever floats your boat sunshine

I think that song is the curse of youtube!Sounds good but every one and their monkeys are playing it these days

[edit on 19-8-2007 by noangels2006]

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by noangels2006
I think that song is the curse of youtube!Sounds good but every one and their monkeys are playing it these days.

Yeah, I dont post anything on YouTube. Maybe I might post a drum cover or something one day, but besides that I wont do it.

I dont hav single coils, but one of my guitars is coil split and it seems to sound ok.

join