It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's your best mpg achievement?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
With my current car a Nissan Micra 1.5 dci (turbo diesel) i can regularly achieve an average of 65mpg easily whilst driveing up and down the hills/mountains around snowdonia, yet after visiting family and coming back on the flat motorway's if i stick to around 50 mph and keep a steady throttle as well as the other usual fuel saving tip's i have had the car's onboard fuel econemy computer reading that it is doing in excess of 92.3 Miles per gallon.

So i'm wondering what is your best mpg achievement's?

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I have a 2006 Cobalt and I usually average around 39mpg, but if I try really hard I've gotten it to stay around 68mpg if I go 60mph down the interstate and stay behind the semi's.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Chrysler Crossfire and get about 25-27 mpg on a motorway run to the office.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Harley Sportster 1200

46MPG

Jeep Wrangler

18 - 20MPG

So when it rains, I pay... LOL

Semper

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Well, on my 2001 Civic, I have gotten about 40 mpg.

It's not really fair to compare gasoline and diesel engines.

On my Accords, I can get about 34 on the highway, but I don't really care anymore. I drive for fun and to get where I'm going. The faster the better.

[edit on 2007/8/21 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   
well, if you want to talk short trips ... a 3 mile trip 101.3 mpg. a 1.5 mile trip maxed out the guage at 120 mpg.

Interstate ... 88 mpg from a gas station in Louisiana to another gas station in LA ... friend I was following had a tire going out, so we stopped to get it fixed. I don't remember the exact distant, but it was nearly across the whole stretch of the I-10 and cutoff of I-10 (skipping the New Orleans route) in that state. Usually get 60s to 70s on the interstate ... 50s to 60s in the city on a hot red light laden day, 40s.

05 Civic Hybrid CVT

What you said is so true, learning to drive smooth, and calm. Filling up once a month every few months isn't too bad. I got over 900 miles on a tank before ... averaged over 70 mpg.

I feel much more peaceful since I have been driving that way. Much different than my sports/muscle car days. I wonder what I could get with them now with the same techniques. I would need a guage, they help a LOT.

top topics

join