It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Burned-out star harbors signs of Earthlike planets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Burned-out star harbors signs of Earthlike planets

www.reuters.com

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Chemical elements observed around a burned-out star known as a white dwarf offer evidence Earth-like planets once orbited it, suggesting that worlds like our own may not be rare in the cosmos, scientists said on Thursday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   
seems earth like planets are becoming common, how much longer will it be before life IS found. Imagine how the religious fundamentalist will see this?

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
i'm a christian.....and i've always thought God created life on other planets....i mean...what's the point in creating this giant universe that we live in....

there would be no point in exploring...searching for what God wants for us....nothing to show that this is a bit more than randomness...

but if you believe in evolution....i dont see how they cant believe in life on other planets.....if you evolve, then you adapt to your enviroment...so what we have on earth is not the only way to survive....

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
i would laugh so much if we did find life on other worlds and on first meeting they react

`err , yes, thank you - good bye`

and leave never to return.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Other than American Protestants I dont think it will make a big difference to people of really any faith.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Of course there is life out there, we cannot be the only ones.
There is probably even life in our own system, but it depends on how you define "life"...

The big question will be is there anything with the same or even more advance intelligence than us.

top topics

join