It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US rate cut boosts global markets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   

US rate cut boosts global markets

news.bbc.co.uk

Wall Street shares opened sharply higher on the news that the Federal Reserve was cutting the interest rate at which it lends money to banks.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   
...AND ALL IS WELL AGAIN

news.bbc.co.uk

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valorian

...AND ALL IS WELL AGAIN

news.bbc.co.uk

The scores are lowering again, there was a quick boost only.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   
i'm curious - anyone out there with insight are welcome to weigh in...

i currently rent an apartment but we have plans to get a house in a couple of years. if various pieces of fecal matter collided with their respective fans, how would this affect the housing market? would the barriers to entry become more prevalent (interest rate increases, etc) or would they ease up to encourage people to buy? this is all of course assuming that an average joe such as myself gets to keep their job and can still afford to even think about such things.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by an0maly33
i currently rent an apartment but we have plans to get a house in a couple of years. if various pieces of fecal matter collided with their respective fans, how would this affect the housing market? would the barriers to entry become more prevalent (interest rate increases, etc) or would they ease up to encourage people to buy? this is all of course assuming that an average joe such as myself gets to keep their job and can still afford to even think about such things.

Well he current fall in stocks and shares has been pretty much the sole responsiblilty of mortgage lenders who have been providing housing loans to people who really cannot afford them at all, mostly in the USA.
Now what happens is that a fixed rate of interest is given to those people for about 2 years (now they can afford this ammount) but when the fixed rate returns to normality it takes the re-payments out of their leauge and they then lose their homes.

So I would say that you should get on the housing market as soon as you can otherwise you are merely paying soemone elses mortgage for them...

Val

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   
If you plan on buying in a few years, start now and clean up your credit history. The housing market, if it continues to fall, will stay a buyers market when for so long it was not. Subprime loans were the initial spark but now people how have good credit are having their 5 1/4% ARM's coming due and they are now charged 8 1/2. That is a significant change.

top topics

join