It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chemtrails In the Media

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Today, BBC had an interesting report on what appeared to be some form of chemtrailing and/or meteorological manipulation via planes or satellites in orbit. Decide for yourself when you look at this image and then scroll down:

news.bbc.co.uk...

"
'Hole in sky' amazes scientists

By Dr David Whitehouse
BBC News Online science editor

Rarely seen: A "hole-punch" cloud

Enlarge Image

A giant hole that appeared in a uniform layer of cloud over Mobile, Alabama, in the US, has left scientists puzzled.
Local resident Joel Knain said as he took pictures: "I immediately realised that I was seeing something unique."

Meteorological experts believe the hole formed when ice-crystals from a passing plane fell through the cloud, causing the water droplets in it to evaporate.

Experts say the process involved is related to that of cloud seeding, which is used to make rain over crop fields.

Stuck inside of Mobile

The unusual phenomenon was observed on 11 December last year.

"I ran inside to get my camera and shot-off 10-12 frames to capture the scene," Joel told BBC News Online.

"I would guess that we stood there for 10-15 minutes just staring in amazement."

Strictly speaking there is no scientific term for the apparition, and what exactly it is has been the subject of much meteorological speculation.

One hypothesis is that the hole is made by falling ice-crystals that could have come from the exhaust of a passing aircraft.

It is possible the air was at just the right temperature and with just the right moisture content so that the falling crystals could absorb water from the air and grow.

The moisture removed from the air could have increased the evaporation of the cloud's water droplets, which then disappeared to produce the dramatic hole.

The wispy clouds seen below the hole may be heavier ice-crystals that have fallen from the hole, evaporating (the correct term is sublimating) before they reach the ground.

Image copyright Joel Knain

"

I love the part about what the talking heads say. Must have been a biiiiig plane to make a hole that wide in diameter (before cloud expansion) and that load of scientifically-valid-in-another-context BS they use to further their explanation is adding insult to injury...

[Edited on 1/15/2004 by AlnilamOmega]

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Its pictures like this that make our scientists look like liars.

Just look at how the bit of cloud underneath the hole looks like its been torn from above and pushed down. Such as when paper or cloth is pushed on, the cloud layer underneath the hole looks like stresses were put upon it to create the radiating feathered effect.

I'd say whatever created this hole was a giant circular object which pushed down upon the area of clouds to form this anomaly.

The originating webpage with more pictures.

[Edited on 20-1-2004 by heelstone]

join