It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What exactly is Disney Teaching our Children?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I have been doing a little research on this because I have heard a lot of the rumurs over the years.

I came accross this article "http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,146,00.html" that actually has some of the photos and audio clips to listen to.

Let me know what you think.

I will post more links if I find them.

Here is a link to an entire search on the subject, you can check them out your self.

Link

[edit on 21-2-2005 by bpletcj]

[edit on 15/9/06 by JAK]

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by kurtcobainuk
i also head that walt disney was a pedophile is this true or is just because he loved wlrking with children so much?

No, this isn't true. The pedophile was the man who wrote the story of 'Alice in
Wonderland'. Supposedly he was a photographer and was living with a wealthy family for a while because he had become friends with them. When the family noticed how much time he was spending with their daughter (I think she was 12 or 13) they kicked him out. He had been taking nude photographs of her and made up the story of Alice and Wonderland for her as well (He did drugs).I think this was way back in the leate 18 hundreds or early 19 hundreds.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiesAllLies
Evil Step mother? Eveil Queen Bound to Kill You? Bambi's mom and a hunter? Lilttle mermaid didnt even have a mother....Aladdin, no mom's.... beauty and the beast? No mom's cept that fat lil tea pot, Nemo? ditto to the baracuda....

Walt Disney either hated his mother or Disney teaches every one of us to pretend they don't exist.

The only reason that Disney movies have this re-occuring theme is because little kids can relate to it. We are closest to our mothers and our worst fear, as children, is to lose them.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 12:50 AM
link   
The first movie my mother ever took me to was "Bambi".

She claims I started screaming when the fire broke out, and had to leave the theatre because of it. I was so young, I have no memories of it at all.

Oddly enough, the next movie I saw was Baksi's Lord of the Rings at age four, and that left a dramatic impression on me.

The next film they took me to was Kubricks 2001, and I can still remember crying my eyes out when HAL 9000 started singing "Daisy, Daisy".

I've long suspected I was part of an Illuminist family (we never talk about it) but I just find these choices of first films to be rather odd for a child under the age of six.

But back to the subject at hand - yes, there are lots of things about Disney that one could attribute to conspiracy and attempts at "social conditioning" - but since we are all aware of these matters now (more so than children, who rarely have frames of reference for such concepts) doesn't anyone here actually APPRECIATE the amount of time, detail and artistic genius that goes into the creation of these films?

I remember seeing the Hunchback of Notre Dame and being very much aware of several different layers of programming going on during Esmerelda's dance scene during the fair - it stuck me as interesting that Demi Moore (who voiced her character) was also staring in a movie called "Striptease" that was out in theatres about the same time.

Coincidence? You tell me.

[edit on 14-9-2006 by GENERAL EYES]

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I think there are much worse influences in the world that we can expose our children to than a few Disney movies. Are you kids around when you watch the news? Or for that matter most prime-time tv shows? There are violent, sex-filled undertones in many of these shows.

Movies are short stories ... in order to keep an audiences attention there has to be drama .. conflict .. resolution. Any movie has these, Disney does to. I don't expect a Disney movie to teach my child anything ... I expect it to entertain him.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Just go to the ride "It's a Small World" in the Magic Kingdom. It's obviously just one big advertisment for the New World Order.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 02:09 AM
link   
People die.
Kids need to learn that.

I dont understand how villifying Disney for telling a basic human truth is important.

Maybe someone could explain that one to me?

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Just go to the ride "It's a Small World" in the Magic Kingdom. It's obviously just one big advertisment for the New World Order.

I hope that was sarcasm.

If it wasn't you totally missed the point.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Don't get me wrong - I flippin' love Disney flicks - animation wise, anyway. I can do without the sachrinne sweet life action stuff they've been putting out recently. Their older flicks rocked though.

Seriously- the more I keep coming across stuff on the internet about Disney, brainwashing,etc the more convinced I am that people are just reading and parroting the same webpages over and over again for lack of anything constructive of imaginative to talk about in their own lives.

It's a sick sad form of self-delusion. But then again, maybe they're just like me - passing the time with small talk trying to connect with someone out there.

Must sleep...

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   
okay so you can't blame the stuff in alice in wonderland on disney, they may have choosen to put that in the movie, but it was based upon the book by lewis caroll, yes it was done laste 1800's because the movie was produced in 1903 and the book published in 1862. . . as for the comment on another thread, the thing that the caterpillar was using to smoke was not called a hashish. . . its a hookah. and there is not basis for it being marijuana usage. . . the mushroom is not a specific mushroom because it is not colored or described except that it is "perfectly round" and the "psychedelic images" (puffing of smoke and images by the smoke) are created by disney so you cannot blame that on lewis carrolls use or not use of drugs because that was not in his book. . . at all

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   
If you havent noticed if you look at the LOGO of Disney there are (3) 6s or 666

In the D....the dot in the i and the y. The D is a reverse 6.

Personally I think Disney is an extension of Nazi Mind Control that came over on project paper clip.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Hmm sounds plausible
but nothing "responsible" parenting and a television remote control cannot fix

[edit on 9-10-2006 by SteveG]

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by USAFSF
Yea the aladdin thing is true i tried it. Another thing i noticed was in the Lion King when Simba lies down in the dust and it poofs up in the air it spells sex.

LOL

ROFLMAO

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Most of the classic disney features were based on folk tails, fairy tales and classic literature. Many of the cartoon, as well as te live action films stayed true to the original works. But face it.. Grimms fairy tales are grim. Many of the comedy disney films such as "The computer wore tenness shoes" and "The Love Bug"

Under the control of Micheal Eisner, Disney has become an outlet for Politically correct drivel. Compare the original version of "The Nutty Professor " to the modern remake.

The original starred Jerry Lews in a comedic take on the classic "Jeckel and Hyde" story. Even if you are not a Jery Lewis fan, His portrayal of the homely, shy and nerdy Professor Kelp is as beleiveable as his take on the Handsome, popular and arrogant Buddy Love. As in the original story, the point is that outward appearances do not indicate the heart and soul of a person.

The remake starred Eddie Murphy as the grossly overweight Prof. Klump and Buddy Love. He also plays 5 other members of the Klum family. It adds a lot of sexual innuendo, and outhouse humor including a too long scene consisting of the Klump Family farting around the Dinner table. NOt to mention all the blacksploitation sterotypes and the putdowns of fat people.

THe original "The Shaggy Dog" tells of a young man that through a magcal curse is turned into a dog, and must perform an act of bravery to turn back. The remake adds in a flimsy plot and animal rights advocacy tripe.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   
you guys clearly missed the main thrust of all disney movies. if you look pretty, cook and clean, your prince wil come and take you away, presumably to cook and clean his castle.

it's an important lesson I wish my wife had learned. my daughter, on the other hand, is not allowed to watch Disney movies.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Stop bugging over disney movies, I'm sure you've watched them when you were younger and never thaught that killing a mother is good. You guys are the sole reason the future generations will be brain dead SOFT punks. So thanks for screwing up the future so there'll be no fun and only strick rules set by parents who failed to be what they wanted to be and try to cecede their kids from the real world so they don't become tainted by death, blood, or even a curse word. Get real...

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SaltyBeachedRat

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
NO WAY DUDE

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
this is actually for another thread about disney but its basically the same princible i decided to do a list of all disneys movies and see how many actually had either no parents figure or a dead parents, mainly mothers and you wont be suprised most do!!!
i also listed weird things that happen to
add on if you can think of anything i missed.

heres the list
1. Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs - no mother

2. Pinocchio - no mother

3. Fantasia -

4. Dumbo - mother gets killed when she trys to protect him

5. Bambi - mother gets shoot by hunter

6. Saludos Amigos - (ive never seen)

7. The Three Caballeros - (ive never seen)

8. Make Mine Music - (ive never seen)

9. Fun And Fancy Free - (ive never seen)

10. Melody Time - (ive never seen)

11. The Adventures Of Ichabod And Mr. Toad - (ive never seen)

12. Cinderella - never hear about a mother, father dies when shes young and step mother is evil

13. Alice In Wonderland - basically a drug trip

14. Peter Pan - lost children no parents, only adults are pirates

15. Lady And The Tramp - dogs getting put down blantently showing this in the kennel. also when tramp kills the rat he gets in trouble

16. Sleeping Beauty -

17. 101 Dalmatians -

18. The Sword In The Stone - the kid is an orfan thats looked after my his evil uncle

19. The Jungle Book - racism, the vulturs

20. The Aristocats -

21. Robin Hood -

22. The Many Adventures Of Winnie The Pooh -

23. The Rescuers - (we all know about the breasts) orphans

24. The Fox And The Hound -

25. The Black Cauldron -

26. The Great Mouse Detective - the young mouse has no mother and the dad is kidnpped

27. Oliver & Company -

28. The Little Mermaid - no mother,

29. The Rescuers Down Under - boy is an orphan

30. Beauty And The Beast - belle has no mother

31. Aladdin - alladdin and jasmin have no mothers and alladin has no father

32. The Lion King - simba sees his dad die,you never really see the mother

33. Pocahontas - no mother

34. The Hunchback Of Notre Dame - abuse, esmarelda does a pole dance, also its obvious that the evil guy is a bit to lustful

35. Hercules -

36. Mulan -

37. Tarzan - both parents are brutally killed by a tiger

38. Fantasia/2000 - (ive never seen)

39. The Emperor's New Groove - weres the emperors parents?

40. Atlantis: The Lost Empire - (ive never seen)

41. Lilo And Stitch - no dad for lilo

42. Treasure Planet - (ive never seen)

43. Brother Bear - (ive never seen)

44. Home On The Range - (ive never seen)

not the best i know but i havent seen some of them but im sure you guys can add on to this

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Netchicken

okay, those violent japanese cartoons are called anime (i watch them) and they have ratings. most of it is fourteen year olds and older. there's a reason why they are on so late. Disney is targeted twoards yourng kids! if you think that anime is a greater problem, then don't let your kids stay up that late.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Why does everyone seem to believe that Disney is some type of evil machine targeting young children and planting false morals in their heads? I grew up on Disney, saw all the movies and still own them.

The thing I really hate about this subliminal message stuff is that when I looked it up all I could find were a bunch of people reading WAY to far into everything. I mean some of these people have to be watching the movies frame by frame to catch the word "sex" garbled and distorted in a splash of water. The only way you actually see it is if the person lines it out for you because it's not really there.

That whole Little Mermaid thing is just silly and Hunchback? That little twirl she does on the pole is hardly a strip tease. And so what if Frollo is lustful? Why should you hide sexuality from kids? Everyone has desires and keeping that type of thing "taboo" only makes kids want to know MORE.

Personally, the only real thing I think that Disney promotes time and time again is a stereotypical "hero" and "heroine" role. But you know what? So does everyone else. Fisher Price makes a little cop helmet and steering wheel that they only show little boys playing with and then have a doll house that only little girls play with.

I grew up with that stuff too. But I am in no way the "archetype" of the heroine character. I'm an opinionated tomboy with a tendency to get into fights and I have a boyfriend who's shy and quiet and not really "society's" vision of a "manly man".

Disney has no hand in any of this. The Character of parents and their children do. I think the worst thing in this world is the conditioning that parents are giving their children now. Nothing is ever your fault, even if you eat 60 McDonald's cheeseburgers a month...they made you fat. I spilled the hot coffee I ordered but it's your fault that I have burns.

Parents are told that they shouldn't place blame on their children and shouldn't punish them. It's insanity. Don't blame Disney. Look in the mirror and face your own damn problems.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join